Indian Buffet In Pattaya?

vodkaman

Can anyone tell me, are there any good buffet for Indian food in pattaya?

yeah i think the name of the place is kohinoor or something like that. 2nd road south of south lights. opposite camalot hotel. was 189baht. Buffet open at 18:30.

yeah i think the name of the place is kohinoor or something like that. 2nd road south of south lights. opposite camalot hotel. was 189baht. Buffet open at 18:30.

:):D

Went there once about a year ago, the food was awful.

i enjoyed it when i went, food was great, i intended on going down the strip after the meal but i ate too much, went home and fell asleep watching the telly. Saved a load of money. the girls on the strip wore black arms bands that night :)

Have eaten there a few times.

Food is good and there's 3 or 4 dishes to choose from.

Usually see Indian families eating there which is a good sign.

I think there's one in the Beverly Plaza Hotel too but I've never been.

Edited by PattayaParent

Usually see Indian families eating there which is a good sign.

Indian families eating there are usually ordering off the menu! Anyway, the buffet is sort of OK for the price, certainly not wonderful but I wouldn't call it horrible either. One nice thing is they bring fresh nan with the buffet. There is also a lunch and dinner buffet at the Beverly Hotel in the same neighborhood.

Edited by Jingthing

Someone said, a while back, that there was an Indian Restaurent up the Soi right next to Kiss Restaurent on 2nd Road.

Does anyone know if there is one as I would like to try it, also, is it any good ???

Yes there is one there, last unit on the right just by the Megabreaks car park.

Never tried it though and don't remember the name.

Someone said, a while back, that there was an Indian Restaurent up the Soi right next to Kiss Restaurent on 2nd Road.

Does anyone know if there is one as I would like to try it, also, is it any good ???

Yes there is one there, last unit on the right just by the Megabreaks car park.

Never tried it though and don't remember the name.

Little India

As long as you are in the general area, I suggest going over to Curries on Soi LK Metro. Only one trouble. I wonder if they are still open!?!?! I walked by Saturday night and they were shut up and no sign on the door. Hopefully, they are still open. If so, please folks, support them, they are worthy and with so many businesses going under these days it is in our interest to help keep open the good ones. Cheers.

http://curriespattaya.com/

Edited by Jingthing

Is Ali Baba still in Pattaya.

That was the best curry I've had in Thailand (and I've tried a few places). Was a few years ago so don't know if its still there.

Yes, still here. I only ate there once a long time ago but it wasn't the style I like. On the very heavy side.

Edited by Jingthing

As long as you are in the general area, I suggest going over to Curries on Soi LK Metro. Only one trouble. I wonder if they are still open!?!?! I walked by Saturday night and they were shut up and no sign on the door. Hopefully, they are still open. If so, please folks, support them, they are worthy and with so many businesses going under these days it is in our interest to help keep open the good ones. Cheers.

http://curriespattaya.com/

I'll be back from Bangladesh in a couple of days, so I;ll go down and see.

Need a good curry after a week in Dhaka

I'll vouch for Curries on Soi LK Metro, good quality food at good prices, the beers also being sold ar reasonable prices unlike many places around Patts.

The owner seems a decent enough sort aswell.

You will have a long wait if you are looking for a curry at Curries

"Curries is closing for the summer period and will re-open in September. We would like to thank all our existing patrons for their custom and look forward to serving you again later this year.

Our last day of operation will be Thursday 18th June (tomorrow).

regards,

Rikky"

the food is good there, not great, but not complaints

the one in the hotel across the street Jingthing mentioned is good but much smaller. kohinoor is better

for off teh menu i prefer ali baba as the place is nice, food is good, and the price reasonable

• 2 months later...
I'll vouch for Curries on Soi LK Metro, good quality food at good prices, the beers also being sold ar reasonable prices unlike many places around Patts.

The owner seems a decent enough sort aswell.

You will have a long wait if you are looking for a curry at Curries

"Curries is closing for the summer period and will re-open in September. We would like to thank all our existing patrons for their custom and look forward to serving you again later this year.

Our last day of operation will be Thursday 18th June (tomorrow).

regards,

Rikky"

RIP Curries Restaurant???!!!!????

It is now September and they are still closed up. Also, their website is down. If this is the end, that is a real shame, it was a good little place.

Edited by Jingthing

• 3 weeks later...

I saw some activity at Curries a few nights ago. Someone was doing something, maybe opening, maybe moving out. I thought it was rude to bother them; we'll see in the next few days.

There are two "new" Indian places in town. One called I think Taste of India on 3rd road north of Xzyte same side of the street. Haven't tried yet, the prices are attractive and the pictures of the food look good. A man there told me they moved from Pratumnak area so maybe not any reason to get excited.

Another new place, near the Mike Mall, a little south of it, deep into a vending area. I had a peak in there and it was a tiny little hole in the wall but all the tables were filled with Indian families, a good sign! Prices good, lamb rogan josh for 160 baht.

• 3 months later...

Jameson's are having All-u-can eat Curry Buffet starting this Saturday from 5p.m. 9 different kinds of curry. 3 different rice dishes plus the usual -pappadams, samosas, salad etc. Baht 395

I will certainly be giving it a go - not this Saturday as I have something else on but I am sure I will be there asap.

aussiechick

I saw some activity at Curries a few nights ago. Someone was doing something, maybe opening, maybe moving out. I thought it was rude to bother them; we'll see in the next few days.

I think the old Curries place in Soi LK is now re-invented as a Kebab shop - no idea though if the same people are involved .....

Update on the well known Kohinoor Buffet.

New owner.

New prices. Raised from 189 to 289 for the buffet.

Higher drink prices.

The food? The buffet is almost EXACTLY the same as the 189 version except for the meat curries. They are offering two chicken dishes and doing more complex curries than they did before. Pretty tasty actually the night I went, a very good chicken dopiaza and a so so butter chicken. They will be using chicken meat only and not offering anything more expensive for the buffet.

You will have to decide for yourself whether its worth the higher price.

Has anyone eaten at a small curry house I saw on Soi Bukhao yesterday - just called "TANDOORI"?

If so, any reviews?

Whereabouts on Soi Bukhao?

The menu says 281/2 Moo 9 Soi Bukhao

It's on the right hand side of the road if you walk down from Soi Diana Inn towards the market but I cannot remember how far down it was. Will check this weekend.

Is Ali Baba still in Pattaya.

That was the best curry I've had in Thailand (and I've tried a few places). Was a few years ago so don't know if its still there.

you jest sir,the worst curry i have ever tasted,chicken curry had one piece of chicken in it and that tasted like it had been beaten to death :)

I noticed in passing the other day that the prices for the buffet at the Kohinoor (just opposite Camelot Hotel) have gone up from 189 Baht to 289 Baht.

Indeed it has and drink prices have gone up as well. New owner, clearly trying to test the pricing power.

See Post 25. I didn't say it there explicitly but I think they are pushing it a bit for what they are offering, but time will tell.

Edited by Jingthing

I noticed in passing the other day that the prices for the buffet at the Kohinoor (just opposite Camelot Hotel) have gone up from 189 Baht to 289 Baht.

Indeed it has and drink prices have gone up as well. New owner, clearly trying to test the pricing power.

See Post 25. I didn't say it there explicitly but I think they are pushing it a bit for what they are offering, but time will tell.

Have any of the other Indian buffet places raised prices also JT?

I think you mentioend one at Beverley Plaza and one just along from Marine Hotel on the opposite side before?