Kfc

A new KFC has opened in MaeHongSon, with a hideous huge red sign. I had never been to a KFC before in my entire life but seeing as im totally bored with all the food in MaeHongSon and know every restaurants menu inside out i thought i'd give it a go.

Now, i always assumed that KFC used the same system as MacDonalds i.e. you went up to the counter, ordered, waited for your food,paid and took it away on a tray to find a table. Not here in MaeHongSon, they have table service! Is this normal? or is it just in Thailand or even just in MaeHongSon?

If they did it the way MacDonalds does it they would have 1/2 the amount of staff and more tables, and here i was thinking that making money was important to Thais!

You sit down, they ignore you because they think you dont speak thai, then when they do take your order you then have to get up and go to the till where you queue up to pay, then once this is done someone has stolen your seat so you sit at another table, which really confuses things because when your food comes they give it to the wrong person!

A new KFC has opened in MaeHongSon, with a hideous huge red sign. I had never been to a KFC before in my entire life but seeing as im totally bored with all the food in MaeHongSon and know every restaurants menu inside out i thought i'd give it a go.

Now, i always assumed that KFC used the same system as MacDonalds i.e. you went up to the counter, ordered, waited for your food,paid and took it away on a tray to find a table. Not here in MaeHongSon, they have table service! Is this normal? or is it just in Thailand or even just in MaeHongSon?

If they did it the way MacDonalds does it they would have 1/2 the amount of staff and more tables, and here i was thinking that making money was important to Thais!

You sit down, they ignore you because they think you dont speak thai, then when they do take your order you then have to get up and go to the till where you queue up to pay, then once this is done someone has stolen your seat so you sit at another table, which really confuses things because when your food comes they give it to the wrong person!

Never mind about the service, watch out for food poisoning -

few times I had their breaded prawn burger and the prawn was still frozen inside !!

some kid wants to get work done fast and they don't watch the cooking times.

It works the same way as McDonalds. You order and pay at the register, then wait at the counter for the food, or wait at a table and they'll bring it to you or call you to the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelated question...but in all the years you have visited McDonalds....since when whas there an "A" stuffed between the m & c....??

Anyways, in Thailand.. Everywhere has way too many people working... Have you ever been anywhere?? Gas station....Index Living Mall, Central, Baskin Robbins, Big C....anywhere!!..On any given day you will find more employees than customers...

To answer your question, when you go to KFC in Thailand, you go to the counter, order what you want, wait for them to bring it to your table...all fancy and shii...with a plate and real silverware!! Other places do this too.....it does seem strange...because you arent used to it....it's Thailand...they also clean up after you!!! Just appreciate it...

I order the Zinger sandwich, which I rather like (unlike in the US, the Thai Zinger uses dark meat, which I greatly prefer.)  This is always made to order, so I have a few minutes to wait after ordering and paying for it.

I have been to maybe 15 different KFC's in Thailand over the past years, and in each and every one, after I pay for the food, I sit down, and when the sandwich is done, a staff member brings my meal to my table.

Frankly, I don't see a problem with this.