Nation: It's legal to courier passport for a visa!

Can anyone show in  writing that states a person must present their passport in person to get a exit or entry stamp in their passport.

Unless there is a typing error, are you serious with this question?

Can anyone show in  writing that states a person must present their passport in person to get a exit or entry stamp in their passport.

Unless there is a typing error, are you serious with this question?

I just had a dream over my well deserved lunch-nap:

-  According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 6 February B.E.2538 (1995), 8 December B.E. 2541 (1998)  1 October B.E. 2545 (2002) and 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002) , passport holders from 39 countries do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

May be we all make a mistake. It is not the person who travels but the passport has to go in and out. Perhaps the MFA (I copied from their site) after all thought of this and is satisfied with passports on tourist-trips? Now this gives a complete new definition of the word "holder". It can be anybody who "holds" your passport, So after all everything is legal!

Don't take me serious, I AM NOT!

Axel

This is what has been taking place (passport on vacation for a new exit, entry stamp) with the assistance of immigration officers many times. People have been living as a tourist for years in Thailand. If going out for 5 minutes keeps you as a tourist status for years I guess the passport on vacation should not be a problem also.

Axel

This is what has been taking place (passport on vacation for a new exit, entry stamp) with the assistance of immigration officers many times. People have been living as a tourist for years in Thailand. If going out for 5 minutes keeps you as a tourist status for years I guess the passport on vacation should not be a problem also.

Khun ? I am always open for a good joke. If you are serious,

a) passport holders from 39 countries do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

Holder of a passport is the person discribed there, so the HOLDER is allowed to enter (and leave) not the passport.

btw, you are the holder, not the owner, latter is your government.

:o The rules for the 30 days visa exemption make it a bit simplyfied, it says "admitted to stay until..." again it means the holder is admitted.

c) Proper visa read in Thailand: HOLDR MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHINTHE DATE SPECIFIED HEREIN OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

Above all in writing as you asked for.

If you (as holder) go out for 5 minutes, we had this subjet somewhere else, you technical fullfill the requirements of leaving and entering.

If you passport goes without you, (with a visa-agent or even your neighbour who happenes to be an imm-officer) you will run into serious problems if caught out. So whatever you do, got with your pp

Axel is totally correct...the holder is the person entitled to use the passport. The passport always belongs to the issuing government, and MUST be surrendered to said Government if demanded. Very well put Axel. You are not just a pretty face.

:o

Axel is totally correct...the holder is the person entitled to use the passport. The passport always belongs to the issuing government, and MUST be surrendered to said Government if demanded. Very well put Axel. You are not just a pretty face.

:o

Doc P and Axel

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I know there has been alot of

the visas issued by agents but I was not sure if immigration had in place a law that says more than you must get a new stamp (loop hole). I do not think it will effect me either way if I every do get to stay long enough. I have had to make just a couple runs in the last 15 years because I am normally only in Thailand for a short time. Last time I went with 3 thai friends one is a police officer and they insisted we make it a over night trip and not to mess around with the visa agents. I do have many friends that live in Thailand and some are very limited on funds (40G a month) and they always make the runs. One of these days and I hope soon I will be able to slow down for a few years. I have worked many countries but other than normal circumstances which does not require me to use the local laws to do so (government to government agreements). When the pot of gold is full at the end of the rainbow it will be time to get resident visa as I already have the funds in Thailand.