Not Realted To Thailand

Harcourt

I'm a newbie, so sorry for sticking my nose into the local (website) politics.... I'm am amazed at how strictly the rules are enforced sometimes, and at other times not at all.

A recent thread about anti-corruption measures in Nepal has been closed for being "not related to Thailand".

Corruption in Thailand IS a topic that holds some interest for many members here, and how corruption is dealt with elsewhere is thus topical.

Perhaps the OP should have started his thread with comments on Thai corruption and THEN showed us his a report on Nepalese corruption measures.

Do we really have to go to such convoluted measures to bring up items of interest?

It's supposed be a Thai forum, why bog it down with unrelated stuff like the temperature in UK, buying a house in the UK or micheal Jacksons death. Surely you can go to other sites if you want to know about other news or whatever that is unrelated to Thailand.

It's a Thai-related forum. There are plenty of other forums for other themes, so deal with it. By their very nature forums are focused on a certain niche and like to keep it that way. By the way, I'm sure that Nepal thread could have been let go in the SE Asian sub-forum, but whatever mod decided not to move it there and just close it.

I think the OP has a point.

Honestly, who's sign up for a new forum for every different topic they are interested in, you'd have hundreds of forum accounts with 1 or 2 posts on each...and all the communities would flop.

Thankfully there is a Football forum, although 99% of posts in there have nothing to do with Thailand? (why is that BTW?)

I just so happens that many members come from the same countries (such as UK, or US) and have similar interests which are not specially related to Thailand...doesn't the fact that we are foreigners living in Thailand give us a unique perspective on almost all aspects of life, which may not be appreciated in a non-expat type forum...

When you have a poker night with friends, do you keep the conversation strictly to poker? When you play football with mates do you talk strictly about only football? Probably you talk about some other stuff also (unless you are a boring old sod)

Why should Thaivisa be any different?

I think the OP has a point.

I just so happens that many members come from the same countries (such as UK, or US) and have similar interests which are not specially related to Thailand...doesn't the fact that we are foreigners living in Thailand give us a unique perspective on almost all aspects of life, which may not be appreciated in a non-expat type forum...

And there are a number of people from other countries (Germany, France, Russia, ...) who also would be very happy to exchange comments in their own language, but we are usually reminded that we should all use a language understood by all ...

When you have a poker night with friends, do you keep the conversation strictly to poker? When you play football with mates do you talk strictly about only football? Probably you talk about some other stuff also (unless you are a boring old sod)

When you play poker or football, you usually abide by the rules of the game. If you prefer bridge or rugby, you're free to join an other table or an other playground.

The way things go nowadays with all these PC stuffs, soon you will see someone getting in your own house, checking your fridge, sitting on your sofa, screwing your wife and if you protest, he will sue you for discrimination !

And there are a number of people from other countries (Germany, France, Russia, ...) who also would be very happy to exchange comments in their own language, but we are usually reminded that we should all use a language understood by all ...

Think the issue with this suggestion is that all the mods are English speaking, and as there are certain subjects in Thailand which are taboo to discuss, it would impossible for the mods to keep a track on what is being spoken about, therefore opening TV to legal action etc. Dont believe its a case of discriminating against people, its just a practical consideration

The way things go nowadays with all these PC stuffs, soon you will see someone getting in your own house, checking your fridge, sitting on your sofa, screwing your wife and if you protest, he will sue you for discrimination !

What a well-balanced analogy. I can tell you are a deep thinker.

Deep or shallow, it doesn't make me wrong.

The rules of some private club are already challenged based on this principle. In a school recently, a kid had to cancel his birthday party because he didn't invited one of his classmate he had an argument with a few days earlier.

I'm telling you, be very careful next time you organize a party at your home, if I'm not invited, it's my lawyer who's going to ring your door :) .

Edited by Pierrot

The rules of some private club are already challenged based on this principle. In a school recently, a kid had to cancel his birthday party because he didn't invited one of his classmate he had an argument with a few days earlier.

I'm telling you, be very careful next time you organize a party at your home, if I'm not invited, it's my lawyer who's going to ring your door :) .

Rather see your lawyer than your hitman. :D

Rather see your lawyer than your hitman. :D

At least the hitman will finish you off quickly.

Maybe someone could suggest to the mods "Not Thailand Related Forum" on TV ??

Is there any Burma forum out there which acts as a general local fora for those dealing with the country, such as tourists, expats, students etc? I think not, but I want to check.

I'm a member of more than one forum.

If I want to talk about Thailand I post here, anything else and I post elsewhere and if at any point I decide that I dislike any forum for whatever reason then I'll just stop logging in.

Simple as that really, nothing to lose sleep about.

There is a south east asian forum, a farang pub forum, a travel forum, a visa to other countries forum, a ladies forum, a gay forum, a private forum for members with over 500 posts, a pets, vets etc forum, a house building forum etc etc etc, all accessable under one log on name. Not all of them adhere to the "must be thailand related" rule but in general & the various more serious forums, like visa, local subforums & news, the rule IS enforced.

But as this is not thailand related :) CLOSED.