Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In Thailand?

chrgrims

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^exactly one of the reasons, then theres lazy, the list goes on, why do some posters need everything SPELLED out to them.

have a look around you edgarfriendly and work it out for yourself, its not that hard :)

we have several comments here:

.asia is dirty, so why think about why thailand is dirty.

-my wife is a thai look alike that can say something about this.

-a song was made about a nite in bkk.

-stay at home, it solves the problem.

great thread.

Most households inside thailand are quite clean. They usually sweep the floors daily. There is not much education about bacteria and cleaning walls and surfaces in thailand though. People tend to sweep things out of their house onto the street. But I did notice massive clean ups on a regular basis in udon thani along road sides.

Bathrooms in thailand are not really clean in the way they store water and the way they dont have toilet paper and use just plain water to wipe their ass. The use of hand basins in these old bathrooms is also non existant. But they do shower at least a couple of times a day so it could be A LOT worse.

To have streets as clean is in the west they would need to put massive infrustruture there and raise taxes. That would start to reduce thailands appeal to many wouldnt it? being as clean and expensive as singapore?

The other option is pick up a broom and dust pan and brush :)

But i've noticed most malls and built up areas are quite clean compared to other 3rd world asain countires.

Nothing can top my room :)

jan-desk-dirty.jpg

That's not as bad as my fly tying room. If got more stuff in there than most fishing shops. I've got feathers and hides from all parts of the globe. I'll never use it all in 10 life times.

Tying_bench_Em.jpg

^exactly one of the reasons, then theres lazy, the list goes on, why do some posters need everything SPELLED out to them.

have a look around you edgarfriendly and work it out for yourself, its not that hard :)

When are you leaving thailand? Or have you already left and have nothing better to do during your retirement years? Ever considered a hobby other than thailand bashing?

It is funny; I get quite upset with people in Canada who throw their trash around, but I hardly notice it when in Thailand. I just accept the good with the bad. It's usually just a case of poor education. For many years, Thais were not exposed to the fast food packaged crap available in western cultures. The stuff they threw away was biodegradable, or eaten by wild creatures. Now, everything is packaged and the plastic is tossed everywhere. At home in Canada I eat nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables and I don't fill one garbage can every 3 weeks. Some people have two full cans every week. Last February I visited a Thai river valley populated by hill tribe people. What I noticed was every village we stayed at was almost spotless. There was very little sign of trash.

Pretty fair point really, no need to be rude about the guys wife. What a pathetic ad-hominem argument. Not an arguement at all actually.

It wouldn't take a lot for places to provide soap and towels for their customers to use after using the toilet, some toilet cleaner instead of cleaning the toilet with water. Lack of education, and lack of public bins to dump your rubbish into. Health and hygiene training compulsory for all food vendors - it doesn't sound like a big investment for the government and would probably pay for itself in terms of people not getting sick, able to work, less people in hospital etc.

I remember at the APEC? summit the government decided to remove bins from the street because it make the place look untidy!

7-11 are one of the few places where you can dump your rubbish, other than that people just tend to either drop it on the ground or in big piles at the side of the road where it gets strewn about by the wind and by soi dogs.

I think it all comes down to the Thai government being incompetent at most things, and not really having the will and dedication to make various improvements. Again its all about people trying to look good, gaining face, coming out with ideas and getting recognition for their ideas and not for their actual achievements.

Let this thread die already. its obvious that dirt tilts the soul hard in people. Its probably easier to discuss the pros and cons of the atom bomb.

Kewl, thats right up my alley chrgrims,

Did you know that an atomic bomb is a weapon deriving its explosive force from the release of atomic energy through the fission of heavy nuclei. The first atomic bomb was produced at the Los Alamos, N.Mex., laboratory and successfully tested on July 16, 1945. This was the culmination of a large U.S. army program that was part of the Manhattan Project , led by Dr. Robert Openheimer, also known as Dr split heimen . It began in 1940, two years after the German scientists Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman discovered nuclear fission. On Aug. 6, 1945, an atomic bomb was dropped on a quite little Japanese city called Hiroshima and let me tell you this little sucker caused the Japanese to drop their Sushi as the bomb had an estimated equivalent explosive force of 12,500 tons of TNT, followed three days later by a second, more powerful, bomb on Nagasaki . Both bombs caused widespread death, injury, and destruction, and there is still considerable debate about the need to have used them.

No matter what way you look at it, I can cut and paste with the best of them :)

Edited by neverdie

forgiveness, please....

i never intended to sound nasty, and my eyes are wide open.

i see what occurs, i know how it happens, it interests me who can accept it, who defends it, who ignores it etc.

no malice coming from here...

if i didnt like it here, id do the apologists' fave quote and leave.

as it goes, id rather ask a rhetorical question, and mull over the answers in my own time.

ef.

AND, just so its known, I go out of my way to pick up other ppls dropped rubbish and hand it back to them with 'i think u droppped this, theres a bin over there' you may well have averted your eyes whilst ive done this, ive seen u!

quick haters, BURN ME ALIVE...

Nothing can top my room :)

jan-desk-dirty.jpg

That's not as bad as my fly tying room. If got more stuff in there than most fishing shops. I've got feathers and hides from all parts of the globe. I'll never use it all in 10 life times.

Tying_bench_Em.jpg

I kinda have to agree with ya.. LOL