Got Married At Amphoe. Ready To Get Visa

I and my girl went to register marriage at amphoe yesterday. Lots of seals and signatures, and a long long wait. Also a lady asked us some personal questions like where we met? how long we know each other? and asked me about her name and I almost chocking forgot but managed to spit it out slowly and correctly. Also asked me about my profession and my address in home country and the informations on my embassy certificate without having me looking at them. And after all these we got our marriage certificates, 2 of them for 20 bahts. I am ready for my non immigration visa in Penang.

I will take her for a small vacation to Singapore and Malaysia, and then back to BKK. Air Asia to Sing from BKK one way then bus to KL then bus to Penang for visa. I book my flight on Air Asia from Hat Yai back to BKK at 2 pm flight.

Is there any early bus from Penang to Hat Yai around 7-8 AM so we can get to Hat Yai around noon time in time to catch the Air Asia 2pm flight back to BKK. I don't feel like to spend a night in Hat Yai with her because I have a strong impulse to wander into Kiss Lounge again. So rather stay in Penang for the last night and go to Hat Yai in the morning to catch flight. Any info on the bus or mini bus schedule from Penang to Hat Yai?? Or any bus that goes to hat Yai airport from Penang? Any bus at early morning like 7 or 8 AM?

Why didn't you book a flight from Penang to Bangkok? More expensive than the Hat Yai - Bangkok flight but look at all the mucking around you will have to do to get to Hat Yai!

Mini buses go from many locations in Penang (Georgetown) to Hat Yai - about 20-odd Ringitt per person. The earlier the better, as you have the border to cross at Sadao (could be busy), and then the drive to Hat Yai, and then the transfer from Hat Yai city to the airport, which is a fair way out. Probably better to pay the extra and have a taxi take you right to Hat Yai Airport all the way from Georgetown. Think it's about 1,300 to Hat Yai and maybe a couple of hundred more to the airport.

Don't know current conditions but years ago finding a taxi that was not full of returning travelers on Penang was not that easy (although probably easier if you stayed in the smaller places). Do know that there was a share taxi stand at the north-east corner of the main bus terminal in Butterworth at the ferry crossing and you could obtain for yourself as well as share.

As I recall usually got back to Hat Yai at about noon time on morning bus so you probably could make the 2 PM flight but that road used to be often blocked for hours or even days to protest this or that. When that happens you have to take a very roundabout route.

Did a share taxi going to Penang about 3 or 4 years ago and it was 350baht a head (four passengers) from Kings Hotel in Hat Yai right into Georgetown.

Could always take a mini van as far as the border and take a taxi from there...800 bahtish for the taxi.