New Thai Passport

In the Summer when we are in Thailand on holiday my wife is going to apply for her new Thai Passport. She already had her 2 year extension in her current Thai passport so she needs to apply for a new biometric passport. Can someone please tell me what documentation she will need to bring with her so she can apply successfully for the new biometric passport.

Thanks everyone

In the Summer when we are in Thailand on holiday my wife is going to apply for her new Thai Passport. She already had her 2 year extension in her current Thai passport so she needs to apply for a new biometric passport. Can someone please tell me what documentation she will need to bring with her so she can apply successfully for the new biometric passport.

Thanks everyone

I don't know what the process in other places in thailand. For the main office branch in BKK

Department of Consular Affairs

Address:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs 123 Caengwatthana Road, Lak Si Bangkok 10210, Thailand

transparent.png

http://www.mfa.go.th/

english version link http://www.mfa.go.th/web/11.php

1)In person, she needs to bring her Thai National ID and Thai passport(extended one)

2)Get the ticket from the info. they scan her Thai ID card.Wait in line and fill out some simple form.(name thai home phone and blah blah)

3)When is your turn, the person that assigned to you will verify your ID

4)Take a digital pic for new Thai passport and finger prints. and dress nice for the pic and don't smile.

Ask the person "politely" :) if you can see your new passport pic on the computer or can retake again.

5)It cost 1000 baht i think, your done for now until you come back to get the new e passport

It takes about a week, i think...forgot

1)when you come back, bring the old passport and then show up in some room or windows.

2)they will verify you are the correct person by finger prints, then cancel your extend valid passport

3)they make you go to another room or window for endorsement for the new passport.

on the endorsement form for the new passport you have fill out if info where you live or what visa you

have living in other countries. it just depends where the "thai" person is living in other countries.

You should ask them

4)you have to make 2 photocopy of your old passport or something and give it the endorsement window with the form will out, forgot.

5)at the endorsement window you pay some fee, forgot how much.

6)with the endorsement stuff all done, i think you go back to the room/window where they issue the new

e passort

Questions??

Edited by majorpacman

Applying for a thai passport is wonderfully easy, and indeed one of the more efficient public services you'll find anywhere in the world.

As major pacman said, all you need is your ID card. There is no 'application' form to fill in per se as the information for the passport is downloaded from the central house registry database.

Oh yeah, no need to come and pick up the new one. You can have it delivered by express mail for 30 baht.

Very easy.

Very efficient.

Just old passport and ID card and the fee should be all she needs - as said they are the rare government office that works without the normal bureaucracy of such institutions.

Edited by lopburi3

I understand there are two passport offices in Bangkok.

Directions from JW Marriott hotel in Sukhumvit to the passport office in Bang Na (24.3 km)

Directions from JW Marriott hotel in Sukhumvit to the passport office in Chaeng Watthana (21.0 km):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...528374&z=12

--

Maestro

This is Thailand and there is no Thai Embassy in Thailand. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Passport Section issues passports inside the country and the only two offices in Bangkok are listed above.