Television Package In Appartment

ozzieovaseas

Hi there all,

I have just turned on the tv today,(havent done so for a few days) and have noticed that some channels have seemingly changed numbers,some channels deleted and others added.

As the building owners only speak Thai,and my Thai is very poor,ive never been able to enquire as to the package name or whether theres a guide book available. My last hotel had a monthly guide book in the lobby but no such luck here.

I have been told by a friend that the TV company may only deliver one guide book per hotel.

Description and changes of English channels as i can now see:

64soundtrack channel:had movies in English is gone, a shame.

64 is now Universal..

I notice another Universal channel "SCI-FI" (i think was 68) is now 21.

14 (i think) was called "stream" is now 55

77 Fox news

78 Aussie channel (glad they kept that)

67,68 Euro sport: new additions i think

76 aljazeera

17 (displaying: ((2CH)) in bottom right corner)has the davinci code running at the mo,but maybe one of those preview channels

46 Video scope[V]..I think has a movie in english now.

80 channels in all,lots of the usual sport,music,cartoons,news and about 5 movie channels dubbed in thai.

Anyway, i was wondering if any of you good farang on Thai Visa could identify what package it is and advise on how to get a guide?

Have searched the net high and low and the only channel that has an online guide is the aussie channel (shows something of our culture!)

Thanks and have a good weekend..

I'm no expert but it doesn't sound like a package but satellite programmes mashed into one sender to go to the TVs. I may be wrong

Hi there all,

I have just turned on the tv today,(havent done so for a few days) and have noticed that some channels have seemingly changed numbers,some channels deleted and others added.

As the building owners only speak Thai,and my Thai is very poor,ive never been able to enquire as to the package name or whether theres a guide book available. My last hotel had a monthly guide book in the lobby but no such luck here.

I have been told by a friend that the TV company may only deliver one guide book per hotel.

64 is now Universal..

77 Fox news

76 aljazeera

17 (displaying: ((2CH)) in bottom right corner)has the davinci code running at the mo,but maybe one of those preview channels

80 channels in all,lots of the usual sport,music,cartoons,news and about 5 movie channels dubbed in thai.

Anyway, i was wondering if any of you good farang on Thai Visa could identify what package it is and advise on how to get a guide?

Have searched the net high and low and the only channel that has an online guide is the aussie channel (shows something of our culture!)

It is a local cable operator. The apartment should be able to provide the name/copy of channel list and they may have a web site with channel listing. Programing seems the same as my local provider in Latpaho but different channel numbers.

Edit: removed URL as currently have malware warning.

Edited by lopburi3

I'm no expert but it doesn't sound like a package but satellite programmes mashed into one sender to go to the TVs. I may be wrong

Hi there all,

64 is now Universal..

77 Fox news

76 aljazeera