Instant Hiv Tests

MikeSoi11

1. how reliable are these tests?

2. which do you recommend to buy in thailand that meets international standards?

my plan is to use these tests before engaging in sexual acts with women of questionable morals.

What a load of rubbish. So your out for a nite, a dozen drinks under your belt, meet someone with 'questionable morals' as you put it, then you get a taxi down to the local hospital, pay the fees, have the test, wait for the results & then go to ur short time hotel. GET REAL :) .

How do they keep finding their way here?

:) I think if you need instant results, perhaps you shouldnt be shagging? (condoms should be your only concern)

BTW not to put a damper on your experiences - what about all the other nasty STD(s) other than HIV if you are that concerned???

BNH hospital,result within 30 mins

Perhaps a little off topic...but. I have two questions, if anyone knows the correct answers:

1. Is the test for HIV, standard operating procedure, when a blood sample is drawn for pre-surgery or a diagnostic test at a hospital?

2. Are Thai hospitals/doctors/clinics required by law to report positive results in a HIV test to any health/law government agency?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps a little off topic...but. I have a couple of questions, if anyone knows the correct answers:

1. Is the test for HIV, standard operating procedure, when a blood sample is drawn for pre-surgery or a diagnostic test at a hospital?

2. Are Thai hospitals/doctors/clinics required by law to report positive results in a HIV test to any health/law government agency?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think his age has much to do with anything, i'm 26 and its not disadvantaging me at all.

As for the HIV Tests they can be done in most hospitals, you can get one done in an hour in Sala Daeng in Bangkok at the Red Cross Clinic, get off at the Sala Daeng BTS, head towards the Red Cross Clinic and just keep walking until the 5th gate and go inside (its right next to (LH Side) the intersection after the restaurants (RH Side)), 200 baht... they can also test for Syphillis (If thats how its spelt).

By for a recreational perspective... like someone said, get some condoms. HIV is not the only thing out there and its not the only permanent reminder of your special 5 minutes either... also cheaper than any testing done.

Perhaps a little off topic...but. I have two questions, if anyone knows the correct answers:

Thanks in advance.

1. Not sure about standard operating procedure, maybe someone else can comment.

2. To my knowledge all HIV Testing Clinics are required to report any positive results to health/law government agencies. However the Red Cross Clinic I mentioned on my post above is anomynous although they do ask for you Initials, Date of Birth, Birth Place and Nationality so I'm guessing they could drop that into a search and match it to your passport, but you are not required to confirm any of this information with any ID Card or Passport so that leaves it up to the individual.