Tour De France

apetley

For some months now the True Visions magazine has been running ads for ESPN's coverage of the Tour de France. It even has a half page spread in the July edition.

So here I am sat down on the first day of the tour eagerly awaiting the promised live coverage only to find my self watching some rerun of athletics.

And scheduled later is a hot dog eating contest.....<deleted>!!!!!!

The daily pages in the magazine have no mention of the Tour and it is missing from the onscreen programming too.

Does anybody know where my missing cycling has gone?

Tried calling True(no)care but they seem to have gone to bed early this evening.

Can't help you with True and it wasn't on my local service either which was strange, they usually show most days of the Tour live.

There was live text and a live feed of Radio 5's coverage available from the BBC website so give that a try if you don't get anywhere with True.

Thanks for the replies, they are very much appreciated.

Mr Hippo, I did a search on True exactly as you said and came up blank only yesterday.....strange.

Curious that the coverage on the search page is on Truesport 2 and is delayed highlights and even worse seems to be missing 10 days from the end of the race.

The coverage detailed in the magazine is from ESPN but has gone AWOL.

Thanks again, Andy.

True Vision only shows 30 minutes Hight Lights from the day before!! Same same as last year..... too bad.....and they dare to advertise everywhere that they have live coverage of Tour de France.... :):D

For some months now the True Visions magazine has been running ads for ESPN's coverage of the Tour de France. It even has a half page spread in the July edition.

So here I am sat down on the first day of the tour eagerly awaiting the promised live coverage only to find my self watching some rerun of athletics.

The daily pages in the magazine have no mention of the Tour and it is missing from the onscreen programming too.

Tried calling True(no)care but they seem to have gone to bed early this evening.

I share your dismay. I contacted True today, Saturday 11 July, to ask whether they were aware that they had repeated stage 6 on their noon 1/2 hour coverage, when stage 7 was scheduled. They received clearly voiced complaints from us in both English and Thai. The lack of concern was similar in both languages.

I share your dismay. I contacted True today, Saturday 11 July, to ask whether they were aware that they had repeated stage 6 on their noon 1/2 hour coverage, when stage 7 was scheduled. They received clearly voiced complaints from us in both English and Thai. The lack of concern was similar in both languages.

Yes I was really cheesed of at this too as they repeated the previous days programme when it should have been highlights of the first mountain stage. As you said, no interest at all in a complaint.

Extensive coverage is also on Supersports 2 and 5 on the Multichannel satellite network.

This coverage is available in many bars and pubs in Bangkok.

Does anyone know of any bar in Chiang Mai that is showing the TDF?

Did anyone see the lunchtime coverage today?

On at 13.30 after being advertised at 12.30 but when English was selected the Thai was still being broadcast over the top and louder.

And they are still advertising the non existant ESPN coverage!

Pathetic!

FWIW - steephill.tv site runs a dynamic list of online re-broadcasts and live/simulcasts

many are geo-restricted or in funny languages and quite a few of the re-broadcasts (justin.tv etc.)

will randomly drop.

itv4 are supposed to simulcast live on their websites on the weekends but only been able to find the 11am-12pm summaries

of the previous day.

prob only useful as a last resort. hope this helps your tour fix. amazed at how ignored this event is by UK broadcasters.

Edited by schmutzie

• 11 months later...

Is anyone else getting the same horrible feeling that TRUE will be giving 'Le Tour de France' a miss this year?

No mention of it at all in Julys program guide and when you do a search of their monthly online schedule no hits come up at all.

If so July will be my final month of putting up with the increasing crap they serve up.

Over to ASTRO I think.

Their not riding Honda's or Yamaha's so of no interest to majority of True's customers.

Thanks for that insight.

I always wondered why TRUE ESPN show the hotdog eating contests and spelling competitions. Now I can just picture all the Thais glued to their TVs watching Wilbur from Arkansas shoving a hotdog down his throat or Candice from Minneapolis showing them how to spell 'myrrh'.

A telephone enquiry has elicited a 'don't know', email to TRUE(no)CARE has as yet received no reply and I still can't find any mention of TDF in the schedules.

Has anyone found any live feeds of the tour that are watchable here in Thailand.

Thanks, Andy.

If you have access to the Eurosport channel by whatever means (internet/cable/satellite) it is live on there for the duration. Great start last night.

Thanks for letting me know what I missed :crying:

No Eurosport here in the village as internet connection is not up to the streaming, no cable and have TRUE so no programming there.

Will be cancelling TRUE very shortly and moving over to ASTRO.

Thanks for letting me know what I missed :crying:

No Eurosport here in the village as internet connection is not up to the streaming, no cable and have TRUE so no programming there.

Will be cancelling TRUE very shortly and moving over to ASTRO.

Bonjour,

U can get eurosport here:

WWW.myp2p.eu

They show le tour, u need to download a couple of software.

Cheers

Tezzaaa and Astral, thanks alot for your replies.

For some reason my connection is allowing me to watch streaming of Eurosport for the first time ever this evening :D

Wifey must have said something nice at the Wat this morning!