Where To Fish Around Khon Kaen

buffaloe

Take the road in front of KKRam Hospital, going away from the new Central Plaza being built. Follow the road and you will run into a lake that lots of people fish at.

have you fished here before and did you catch any fish.also does it cost anything to fish here.is it going towards udorn that the new central plaza is being built.do you do much fishing yourself.talk to you later.bill

bill, just sent you two messages, hope you get them. No, I have never fished there, but have watched a few big ones get caught. No costs, unless you count the beer you bring.

Buffaloe,

the lake Jocsum is talking about is Nong Kuut, leaving KK from Srichan Road i.e go through the arch and come to traffic lights and KK Ram is facing you, go staright over and past the Ram slight right hander and follow road down to roundabout, straight over again (maybe slightly left) and follow road for about 2 - 300m and lake is on the left.

If you need equipment, bait, etc excellent shop is when you approach the lake it will be on your left and the shop is almost opposite the left hand turn on the right hand side.

I have fished this lake for years and personally find it is all fished out as many nets are set up around it.

Other option is fishing park on Mithaprap Road....go on Korat highway and past Tesco Lotus about 2 or 3km, you will pass PTT garage on left and take the next U-turn and then almost immediately a left again..follow road all the way down and easy to find as is signposted. Mostly Pla Sawai to catch and many big ones there, food and drink available.

I live on a small lake near army base at airport and has been closed for fishing for over two years although never been stopped fishing as poach at night time, good fish here Pla Nin, Pla Duk, Pla Chon, Pla Tapien, Pla Nonchan and many more...

I hear from Thai friends when certain lakes are open (normally about the day before, through the grapevine) and normal cost is about 100 baht per rod.