Will Chelsea Win 3 Trophies

lampard10

Chelsea are a great team, but it's a load of cobblers to suggest that they were unlucky to lose today.The little fella got it wrong with his substitutions plain and simple.

Man U still lookinh good for  a last minute finale.

I think that Jose made his first major balls up in English soccer. The team he started with were doing fantastically after the initial wobble. Very unlucky not to go in level. Basically all he had to do was replace the useless carthorse up front with Gudjonson. It was still a good game of flowing football,and for that reson alone I thought we might still nick that equaliser right up to the final whistle. Oh dear. Got to go and open the pub now and I've got a few Geordie customers. :o

I think before last nights match I would have happily taken 2-1,but after watching,seeing Barcelona all over us before we scored,then gained control of the match only to be robbed by yet another farcical decision,my opinion changed. But then again when a player does an obvious dying swan impersonation,right in front of the ref,you could see which team he favoured. I don't even think the first foul by Drogba merited a booking, let alone the second. Probably that's why not as many goals are scored these days. You are not allowed to go for the ball in the opponents area.

Commiserations to both United and Arsenal. Lets hope they can both pull something out of the hat in the second leg.

Edited by lampard10

just like in the very good old revie years of leeds united , when they were poised to win the lot , in the space of about 2 weeks they collapsed completely , it looks like it is about to happen to chelsea now. a lot of old time leeds supporters with long memories will be praying hard over the next few weeks for some long awaited justice.

The last team to win the Premiership other than Man.Utd or Arsenal was Blackburn. They were relegated a couple of years after that. If Chelsea do win it and their Russian owner becomes bored, jailed or seeks other ventures, will they be the next recent champions to be relegated after Blackburn? I distinctly remember everyone talking about Jack Walkers millions and how Blackburn were going to be the next major force...but you know what they say about rats and sinking ships. If you take money out of the equation Chelsea would surely finish bottom of the league in terms in player commitment and loyality.

I can also see Chelsea having a crisis over the next few weeks, but then one-man teams often do when their star player becomes injured.

Having watched Chelsea's last two games I would disagree that it's all gone pear shaped.They still look like a team capable of winning three trophies, the Drogba red car was a bad ref decision- the guy wants to be a star.I still fanct United and Arsenal to go through.

If Chelsea do win it and their Russian owner becomes bored, jailed or seeks other ventures, will they be the next recent champions to be relegated after Blackburn? I distinctly remember everyone talking about Jack Walkers millions and how Blackburn were going to be the next major force...but you know what they say about rats and sinking ships. If you take money out of the equation Chelsea would surely finish bottom of the league in terms in player commitment and loyality.

I can also see Chelsea having a crisis over the next few weeks, but then one-man teams often do when their star player becomes injured.

Oh come on , how can you compare Chelsea with Blackburn ?

At least Blackburn had some homegrown talent :o

If Chelsea do win it and their Russian owner becomes bored, jailed or seeks other ventures, will they be the next recent champions to be relegated after Blackburn? I distinctly remember everyone talking about Jack Walkers millions and how Blackburn were going to be the next major force...but you know what they say about rats and sinking ships. If you take money out of the equation Chelsea would surely finish bottom of the league in terms in player commitment and loyality.

Homegrown talent ? I think the number of brits in their team was more due to the market at the time - take Walkers money and give it Sparky and I'msure you would see a team with very little ' homegrown talent'

If you want to talk about grow your own then look at Mr Fergusons record at OT.

I hope that Chelsea DO win 3 trophies, but I feel that 2 is now prbabaly as much as they can manage. Liverpool will be going into Sunday's final on the back of a good win in the CL, its gonna be a tough game. I CAN see Chelsea winning 1-0 against Barca, but even if MU drop out there will be some very good teams left to beat. The Championship is their's to loose, and I dont think they will.

Cant say I rate that Kezman guy at all, he is not up to the same standard of the rest of the team. The Manager got it all wrong, but at least he accepts the responsibility for the defeat.

Good luck to all you Chelsea fans, as a supporter of a Non-Premiership team (Reading :o ) I hope you win as much as you can.

We are masters at letting a good position become a mediocre one.

Chelsea can beat Barcelona 1-0 if they believe they can. I suspect they are afraid of them though, as Man.Utd has been of Real Madrid in more recent seasons. The problem they might have is if Barcelona scores early. If they do I think that Chelsea will buckle under the pressure. If they don't I fancy Chelsea to do them over. Either way, Chelsea will surely learn whether they can cut it with the big boys or not.

Homegrown talent ? I think the number of brits in their team was more due to the market at the time - take Walkers money and give it Sparky and I'msure you would see a team with very little ' homegrown talent'

Come on you so called football experts...How many 'Home grown' players were in the team against Barcelona?............ 5,I'll think you'll find

At least Blackburn had some homegrown talent :D

Come on you so called football experts...How many 'Home grown' players were in the team against Barcelona?............ 5,I'll think you'll find

I was jesting in my post , Blackburn were the ultimate Cash team , at least Chelsea have a decent History. I think they'll do it in the home tie.

Me?

I'm a Jealous Yiddo

:o

Yes I am an expert, but my previous post was in referance to BRFC not CFC, anyhow congrats Lampard10 today was the first of 3 I am sure.Jose is a class act and it is pretty clear that the team play for him, I think today will spur them on to another fantastic run.Jose is on TV at the mo' and has dedicated todays victory to the people of surin.

Top lad that Jose.

Yes I am an expert, but my previous post was in referance to BRFC not CFC, anyhow congrats Lampard10 today was the first of 3 I am sure.Jose is a class act and it is pretty clear that the team play for him, I think today will spur them on to another fantastic run.Jose is on TV at the mo' and has dedicated todays victory to the people of surin.

Top lad that Jose.

Neither team deserved to lose,although when Chelsea turned it on there were flashes of brilliance again.What a throw by Johnson. He's gonna be good when he learns a little bit more. Looks like Gerrard's already in Chelsea colours. Great goal.

Liverpool threw the game away though in truth Chelsea played the better football and deserved to win. Any team that is stupid enough to try and defend a lead for 89 minutes cannot complain when their opponents do finally score. Only Sven Goran Eriksson would command his team to play such negative football, and like Sven Goran Eriksson, Bernitez seemed unable to adapt to his system when needed. I seriously wonder what will happen to Liverpool F.C over the next few years. I doubt whether they will finish ahead of Everton, so there'll be no Champions League football next season. If they lose Gerrard or another top player, a top six finish might be their only realistic goal from now on.

Can't say that I was that impressed with Chelsea either. They looked hungrier but then Liverpool gave them a lot of space. With that said they do look very strong in midfield, it's only upfront that they look a bit lightweight. Think they could only benfit from buying a world class striker, rather than relying on players like Kezman and Drogba, who would not get into teams such as Real Madrid and A.C Milan.

Anyway, not a bad final, though I wish Liverpool could have played more positively.

Commiserations to both United and Arsenal. Lets hope they can both pull something out of the hat in the second leg.

Why should we be hoping for English teams?, unless we are English of course.

My team is Barcelona. I adopted them as my team after working there years ago.

I am very happy to see them get together a decent team. They are so passionate about their football there. I have been to the Camp Nou several times and the only thing to beat the atmosphere was a Celtic Rangers derby, or I imagine a Scotland England game when they still had them. Anyone know when they stopped those games.

Come on Barca!!

Barca can easily win in London. My prediction is 2-1 to the Catalans.

I think Barcelona have, in recent years, have had similar problems to Chelsea in so much as they have been a bit of a revolving door in terms of players coming and going. Chelsea should never have let Hasselbaink go or Flo for that matter. I think it remains to be seen whether either team can hang on to their best players. Barcelona need to keep their manager to ensure this happens.

There are bigger clubs out there.

I think Barcelona have, in recent years, have had similar problems to Chelsea in so much as they have been a bit of a revolving door in terms of players coming and going. Chelsea should never have let Hasselbaink go or Flo for that matter. I think it remains to be seen whether either team can hang on to their best players. Barcelona need to keep their manager to ensure this happens.

There are bigger clubs out there.

Chelsea have got a potentially world class striker hanging in front of their noses.

Mikael Foresell. The sooner they realise that and welcome him back into the fold the better.Hasslebaink is still a world class striker,but he is rapidly coming to the end of his career