Where To Buy "black Light" In Chiangmai?

Oneman

Does anyone know where to buy a "black light", ultra-violet, fluorescent lamp in Chiangmai?

These are deep purple lamps, often used in discos for special effects: teeth and white shirts glow in the dark.

Need to only one tube, not a case, so can't special order.

Can this be found in Chiangmai?

Thank you.

-- Oneman

Edited by Oneman

Does anyone know where to buy a "black light", ultra-violet, fluorescent lamp in Chiangmai?

I use the 23" ones in my fish pond filter to kill agea (with varying degrees of success over the life of the bulb). If that is what you want, try major electrical stores, specially ones that cater to contractors like the Forgotten Name on Wulai south of the Chiangmai gate (45 degree road). They cost something like 100-150 baht there (bulb only). Other stores will special order and charge up to 1000 baht, so it pays to shop around. Home Pro does not have them. Don't remember about Global, haven't asked at Home Mart/Noppadon or Home Mall.

I use the 23" ones in my fish pond filter ... try major electrical stores ... that cater to contractors like the Forgotten Name on Wulai south of the Chiangmai gate (45 degree road). They cost something like 100-150 baht there (bulb only).

Perfect.

I went there today.

In stock.

Thank you very much, "noise," for that advice, and for clear location details.

Easy to find.

Nearly any 'hardware' store will have them. farmers/country folk use them to attract edible insects.

I didn't know that!

Fascinating cultural tidbit.

Indeed, when I bought one lamp today, on the paper sleeve were printed images of various insects.

Home Pro sell the ones for the mosquito traps.

Good idea.

I didn't think of replacements bulbs for the mosquito traps.

That's an option.

Thank you to all three gentlemen for helpful answers to my query.

-- Oneman

Edited by Oneman