Financing For Project

we are developing a villa project in the south of Thailand, and are aware that some projects offer financing for their clients with relatively small downpayments then monthly payments.

has anyone got any idea how we could go about providing this for potential buyers, and where more information can be found on this?

would really appreciate the help

B

we are developing a villa project in the south of Thailand, and are aware that some projects offer financing for their clients with relatively small downpayments then monthly payments.

has anyone got any idea how we could go about providing this for potential buyers, and where more information can be found on this?

B

this, by the way, is financing for ferangs who dont live here, but who are buying a holiday home

B

this, by the way, is financing for ferangs who dont live here, but who are buying a holiday home

Does this involve leasehold land ? I mean the purchasers would not be able to own the land ?

B

If you will help Thai or foreigner with Thai family to get financing for their new house, you should talk with some bank managers and see if you can make some kind of arrangement, it’s normally easiest with the “you get something if you help my costumer” it maybe not the “right” way but the THAI way.

Foreigner can’t get normal financing (for the reason that they can’t own the land) so If you want foreigner to get financing, that’s different. I know about some developer who make the financing them self, some have the cash to do it, and some get the financing through the banks in their own name and then “finance for the buyer”

In case you are starting this project without all the information about foreigner acquire property in Thailand take a look at this:

http://www.houseinchiangmai.net/How_to_buy_House.aspx

http://www.houseinchiangmai.net/how_to_buy_land.aspx

Good Luck

/Claus

In my home country of Denmark we have contacts to a bank that is willing to finance house purchases for Danish citizens who buy a house in Thailand.

Of course the bank requires security for the loan :)

You might be lucky that some bank in your home country will offer the same?? At least give it a try?

The properties are sold leasehold, although a Thai national / company could buy freehold from us

I am aware that Thai banks only provide financing to Thais, so we as the developers would provide the finance.

In this way we would be the 'bank' , providing the customer with the option of a downpayment, plus monthly payments spread over 2/3/4 years.

I would be grateful as to some advice as to how it works when doing it this way

ie

we retain ownership until final / full payment is made, but the customer is allowed to use, rent out, sell the property.

is this legal / possible for leasehold properties

B

Does this involve leasehold land ? I mean the purchasers would not be able to own the land ?

The properties are sold leasehold, although a Thai national / company could buy freehold from us

I am aware that Thai banks only provide financing to Thais, so we as the developers would provide the finance.

In this way we would be the 'bank' , providing the customer with the option of a downpayment, plus monthly payments spread over 2/3/4 years.

I would be grateful as to some advice as to how it works when doing it this way

ie

we retain ownership until final / full payment is made, but the customer is allowed to use, rent out, sell the property.

is this legal / possible for leasehold properties

Thay sounds " ambitious " :)

What legal protection has the buyer got against your company by making stage payments to you

and if something happened to you in the meantime ?

Instead of selling leaseholds, why not sell shares in a company that owns the project (land plus immovable objects) freehold.

Each unit is allocated a fixed number of shares where shares are credited for each payment made starting with the down payment subject to project terms and conditions.

To guarantee investments before the project is completed, the value of the number of shares on sale must be less than the value of the completed project to date according to the company articles of association. This status can be maintained by independent audit.

A project structured this way will require funding from the developer to maintain a positive cash flow.

Shares can be traded between buyers and sellers at any time again subject to the project terms and conditions.

Once completed the share holders form their own Nitubikon Moo Baan Jadsan or Homeowner Association to maintain the project and their homes.