Live Rugby League

The kiwis can play much better than what i saw yesterday. Too many dropped balls and they had a spell when they went to sleep when the English scored 2 quick tries. Marshall had a good game as well as Kenny-Dowell. The Aussies will be hard to beat imo.

The kiwis can play much better than what i saw yesterday. Too many dropped balls and they had a spell when they went to sleep when the English scored 2 quick tries. Marshall had a good game as well as Kenny-Dowell. The Aussies will be hard to beat imo.

I found the Australia - PNG game too frustrating to watch, and ended up watching the repeated Stade de France v Toulon game on the other channel.

PNG lost out through some woeful errors, but managed to play hard for the full 80 minutes.

I'll probably not stay up to listen to Ireland Scotland - the France Wales game sounded pretty gripping, from the match reports...

SC

• 2 months later...

Only 7 1/2 months to go to Wembley, and the Preliminary Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup has already got under way.

I'll have an appalling conflict of loyalties if Edinburgh Eagles and Warrington Wolves both make it to the final...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

I came down to the pub to see if I could get the result of the Warrington Wizards v Carluke Tigers 1st round game on the internet (and, to be fair, to watch Biarritz Bath in the other code) and the place is now hoaching with Korean birds down to see Korea v Iran in the roundball Asian Cup - its enough to get me into fights!

A bloke just walked in held his hands aloft and shouted "Eeeran"

"Koh Reea" the ladies replied

"Wembelee" and they all looked at me like I was mad. Obviously they don't understand the importance of this weekend...

It will be the first time the Challenge Cup has ever been to Carluke, or outside England, come to that...

SC

... and they all looked at me like I was mad...

reminds me of the European soccer qualifier against Lithiuania, in a pub in Taipei, but that is another story entirely

I came down to the pub to see if I could get the result of the Warrington Wizards v Carluke Tigers 1st round game on the internet (and, to be fair, to watch Biarritz Bath in the other code) and the place is now hoaching with Korean birds down to see Korea v Iran in the roundball Asian Cup - its enough to get me into fights!

A bloke just walked in held his hands aloft and shouted "Eeeran"

"Koh Reea" the ladies replied

"Wembelee" and they all looked at me like I was mad. Obviously they don't understand the importance of this weekend...

It will be the first time the Challenge Cup has ever been to Carluke, or outside England, come to that...

SC

... and they all looked at me like I was mad...

reminds me of the European soccer qualifier against Lithiuania, in a pub in Taipei, but that is another story entirely

Well, that was was a short Wembley dream; looks like the posts are safe for another season.

So now my money is on an all Warrignton final - Wires v Wizards at Wembelee...

SC

• 3 months later...

I'm sat in my local listening to Warrington v Hull FC on the wireless (how inappropriate) internet in my local, and it keeps dropping out every few seconds.

Typical bloody rugby league....

SC

Edit: OFFS! "Wa...tac...bt.np.tt.and that's the icing on the cake! that puts ther game beyond the doubt, and takes it back over the Pennines...salt into the wounds of the wire" - why could they not get ten seconds of transmission together when the ball was in play? So that was a short spell at the top of the table for the Wire...

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm sat in the pub thinking - what games are playing? And I get Hull KR against Bratford on the BBC Radio Humberside live commentary and its perfect. OFFS! When its a game I have not the slightest interest...

at least it drowns out the commentary from the English club soccer on the tv, though.

Anyway, Hull KR running away with it 'The referee blows his whistle...Hull KR convincing winners against Bradford 46 points to 18'

SC

EDIT: Might join Smokie in the 'virtual stink' for Widnes v Hull in the Challenge Cup next week, Saturday afternoon...

Edited by StreetCowboy

"... and Hull FC get a try after the match ... 15 point score... last action of the day at the Stobart Stadium, Widnes Vikings 26, Hull FC 50"

Smokie will be pleased!

Wakefield 18, Castleford 20 in 'next goal the winner' extra time

and frustratingly, Radio Merseyside reception perfect on the wireless... bet it won't be for the Final though.

Huddersfield Catalans tomorrow, and also Bradford Wigan, should be good, but I'll probably not stay up late to listen, as its a school night.

SC

I'm surprised no-one has seen fit to discuss the State of Origin games, which are live on Astro, but sadly, during office hours (including the repeats)

Are all the games on a Wednesday evening?

SC

Can any of the pubs get BBC games, one way or another? Any chance of the Warrington v Wigan Challenge Cup Quarter-Final on 23rd July?

SC

The thought of taking the opportunity to go and visit my dear old mother, and catch the game that way, crossed my mind momentarily...

• 3 weeks later...

on Astro - yes, but we only get Astro Super Sport 1 with our cable package, got the first State of Origin, but tonight's was shown on 2.

Never mind

That must be infuriating. Do you get Eurosport for the European rugby union?

I'm toying with the idea of going somewhere to watch the Challenge Cup quarter-final against Wigan - it'll be live on BBC, and I hope, Orbit Showtime, though I suppose I should check before I take the plans too far... it would be embarrassing to go to Goodfellas in Bur Dubai and find it was not on...

SC

A week and a half till the SoO decider, and Smokie will be pleased with a comprehensive victory for FC against Wakefield.

Any word on pubs showing the BBC coverage of the Wire Wigan Challenge Cup QF? Air Asia has an interest in the answer!

SC

Sad flatCappers with nothing better to do than trawl the internet might be surprised to see the hosts England and their neighbours playing second fiddle to their Antipodean rivals.

from http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/211/international-rugby-league-returns-to

The 2011 Gillette Four Nations tournament commences on Friday October 28 at the Halliwell Jones Stadium, when holders New Zealand take on Australia in a repeat of last year’s Four Nations Final. The match will kick off at 8.00pm. The following day tournament hosts England take on Wales at the Leigh Sports Village with the match kicking off at 2.30pm.

SC

Queensland win 34-24 to clinch the series in the final State of Origin game, the last in Darren Lockyer's 36 games. Johnathon Thirlston was stretchered off with a season-ending knee injury, in front of a record-equaling partisan crowd at the Suncorp Stadium.

Queensland started the game with four converted tries in a perfect 30 minutes, but by half-time New South Wales had clawed back two tries and a conversion. Despite dominating for fifteen minutes after the break, NSW could not close the gap sufficiently, and Queensland deserved their winning margin.

Next stop in my calendar - Warrington host Wigan at the Halliwell Jones in the Quarter-Finals of the Challenge Cup, on the 24th of this month

Sadly, I doubt Astro will be carrying that...

SC

• 3 weeks later...

Next stop in my calendar - Warrington host Wigan at the Halliwell Jones in the Quarter-Finals of the Challenge Cup, on the 24th of this month

Sadly, I doubt Astro will be carrying that...

SC

The top two teams in Superleague meet tonight in the Quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup (live on BBC 2, if you can get that - 2230 Thai time). Also tomorrow in the afternoon recorded on Orbit Showtime...

Warrington, who came away 24-6 winners from Wigan in their first meeting in the league this season, are chasing a third successive Challenge Cup.

I'll be listening to the game on the internet; I decided the Halliwell Jones was a trip too far for a game of rugby; though maybe on Sunday I'll be checking the internet for wembley tickets...

In the other quarter-finals tomorrow, Hull entertain last year's runners-up Leeds, St Helens host Hull Kingston Rovers and Huddersfield travel to Castleford.

SC

Happy indeed in spite of our defeat against them last week hopefully we will progress tomorrow against Leeds. Can't make it up there but will be tuned in nonetheless.

Still riding high I see SC....hope your side can keep it up!

Happy indeed in spite of our defeat against them last week hopefully we will progress tomorrow against Leeds. Can't make it up there but will be tuned in nonetheless.

Still riding high I see SC....hope your side can keep it up!

You're lads are still in a play-offs position, though, and in the hunt for the Challenge Cup. Tonight's game is on live in Dubai on Orbit Showtime, contrary to my earlier posting, but I couldn't afford to go; nor all the strong drink.

I'm hoping to prevail on the barman to put on the repeat of the Australia Samoa game, which is on Astro at the same time, I think...

Anyway, this could be the most anticipated anti-climax of the week...

SC

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by StreetCowboy

Are you sitting comfortably -

Then we'll begin...

"Will hoime advantage make up for the absence of Lee Briers and Adrian Morley? ... Warrington looked sharp and crisp... its 2004 since they (Wigan) were last in a Cup Final"

though to be fair, they are Superleague champions...

SC

Then we'll begin...

"Will hoime advantage make up for the absence of Lee Briers and Adrian Morley? ... Warrington looked sharp and crisp... its 2004 since they (Wigan) were last in a Cup Final"

SC

All ears SC.....already got an eye on the final if I'm honest....just can't help it....hell I've already checked out hotel and travel arrangements and well the sun will be snowing as always when FC chase the trophies

Edit: sp!

Edited by smokie36

Then we'll begin...

SC

All ears SC.....already got an eye on the final if I'm honest....just can't help it....hell I've already checked out hotel and travel arrangements and well the sun will be snowing as always when FC chase the trophies

Edit: sp!

Wigan have soaked up the pressure and hit them with the counter-punch ... Wigan have scored with their first bit of pressure.,.," first try to Wigan; first points that Warrington have conceded in this year's Challenge Cup...

... two tries in a minute for Wigan Warriors .. typical Sam Tomkins"

EDIT:

some time passes

"at 22 points to nil .. Warrington already look beaten"

I might just piss off home now...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Bloody pie munchers...

I've switched over to Radio Meseyside, and its 22-4 there. And they've got Ray French on, as well.

Richie Myler has zoomed in ! Warrington have ten points to Wigan's 22.

. That's the last time I listen to Radio Manchester...

Great West Lancs accents "leuk at thaat ball hanGinG in the eurr"

As Richie Myler .. a magnificent move ... and he .. oh oh.. and let me say this ... " one at a time lads, commentate one at a time, eh?

And the difference is that Warrington are moving the ball as they have been moving the ball all season, and they ar ripping Wigan to shreds as Wigan were ripping Warrington to shreads"

in chorus

"You're not singing any more!"

16-22

SC

Bloody pie munchers...

I've switched over to Radio Meseyside, and its 22-4 there. And they've got Ray French on, as well.

As Richie Myler .. a magnificent move ... and he .. oh oh.. and let me say this ... " one at a time lads, commentate one at a time, eh?

And the difference is that Warrington are moving the ball as they have been moving the ball all season, and they ar ripping Wigan to shreds as Wigan were ripping Warrington to shreads"

in chorus

16-22

SC

Come on Warrington yer pubs are shit and there's nae hubcaps left but anyway.....

Bloody pie munchers...

in chorus

16-22

SC

Come on Warrington yer pubs are shit and there's nae hubcaps left but anyway.....

"He's having a good game, the referee.."

I was delighted they only stole one wheel, so I could use the spare to drive down to the scrap yard. I was raging that I'd just paid for a new tyre, though,

SC

EDIT: SIT DOWN! The commentators can't see!

"Can Warrington get in THEY HAVE OH UNBELIEVABLE WHAT A HE'S IN PERFORMANCE" One at a time lads, calm down Ray!

Edited by StreetCowboy

Bloody pie munchers...

in chorus

16-22

SC

"He's having a good game, the referee.."

I was delighted they only stole one wheel, so I could use the spare to drive down to the scrap yard. I was raging that I'd just paid for a new tyre, though,

SC

EDIT: SIT DOWN! The commentators can't see!

"Can Warrington get in THEY HAVE OH UNBELIEVABLE WHAT A HE'S IN PERFORMANCE" One at a time lads, calm down Ray!

"That was a try, all credit to O'Loughlin", and I'm not singing any more...

SC

Well, that's it; "played in a terrific spirit, there had to be a winner, and it was WIgan, and I don't think anyone would grudge them that, Warrington 24, Wigan 44."

Bloody pie-eaters.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

So I'm sat here next to Smokie (not literally, obviously, he's five thousand miles up the road most of the way to Hull) listening to the warm-up to the Hull Leeds game...

Let's hope for as exciting a game as last night, and let's hope the home side does a bit better...

SC