Live Rugby League

So I'm sat here next to Smokie (not literally, obviously, he's five thousand miles up the road most of the way to Hull) listening to the warm-up to the Hull Leeds game...

Let's hope for as exciting a game as last night, and let's hope the home side does a bit better...

SC

Delighted he says...no I'm thrilled!

12-0!! smile.gif

Edit:Dropped it! Pfft a bad decision but....nah it was good in fact...12-6

Edited by smokie36

i thought you'd be posting from the 2005 cup final!

"A good time to score five minutes before half time, is there ever a bad time to score?"

I watched Ireland Australia in the 1991 world cup and Ireland went over to score to take the lead and I thought "Oh no - too early"; if they had held the pressure on a couple of minutes more, Australia would not have had time to score another and take the game.

"And that's a big score for Hull FC a minute before half time"

"...I won't say he's upset but he's certainly not happy... "

""He's a little bit vexed, isn't he?"

SC

"A good time to score five minutes before half time, is there ever a bad time to score?"

I watched Ireland Australia in the 1991 world cup and Ireland went over to score to take the lead and I thought "Oh no - too early"; if they had held the pressure on a couple of minutes more, Australia would not have had time to score another and take the game.

SC

I was there at Old Trafford...never seen a worse second half display by any team...I hope I'm right...

SC

I was there at Old Trafford...never seen a worse second half display by any team...I hope I'm right...

And Leeds have kicked a penalty to take the leed for the first time

And another try extends their lead...

SC

CRUSADERS CALL IT QUITS

I was sad to read that Crusaders had withdrawn their application for a Superleague license for next season.

Is it really that hard to break into a sport in which Hull can field two teams, and any town beginning with a W is automatically guaranteed a place - and yet despite moving to Wrexham, they still couldn't continue. Its practically on Merseyside, as well! Maybe they should've moved to the Wirral...

Their national team is doing well - European champions and four-nations participants next season, playing with the big boys. Topping the Amateur Four Nations, as well.

It benefits us all when the appeal of the sport is widened, and although I bear the Welsh no particular good will, I am sad to see them struggle; it makes the sport more entertaining to us all to add daffodils as well as lillies and maybe one day thistles to the red and white roses we have to put with to date...

SC

EDIT: Here's me posting about Welsh rugby league and there's ladies' beach volleyball on the television... what am I thinking of?

EDIT: My apologies for this, but I couldn't face the thought on my own - can you imagine a Scottish Ladies' beach volleyball team. I am sorry, really.... that's put me quite off my beer

Edited by StreetCowboy

CRUSADERS CALL IT QUITS

I was sad to read that Crusaders had withdrawn their application for a Superleague license for next season.

Is it really that hard to break into a sport in which Hull can field two teams, and any town beginning with a W is automatically guaranteed a place - and yet despite moving to Wrexham, they still couldn't continue. Its practically on Merseyside, as well! Maybe they should've moved to the Wirral...

Their national team is doing well - European champions and four-nations participants next season, playing with the big boys. Topping the Amateur Four Nations, as well.

It benefits us all when the appeal of the sport is widened, and although I bear the Welsh no particular good will, I am sad to see them struggle; it makes the sport more entertaining to us all to add daffodils as well as lillies and maybe one day thistles to the red and white roses we have to put with to date...

SC

EDIT: Here's me posting about Welsh rugby league and there's ladies' beach volleyball on the television... what am I thinking of?

The timing of this announcement was poor...some of the players are fuming and rightly so...best of luck to them for next season.

Sad indeed for all concerned.

If confidence and performance were all we'd have this won!

I hope we can keep it up...12-6.

Years ago we were walking out of Wilderspoole after an embarrassing drubbing at the hands of Sheffield Eagles. A wee boy said to his father "Dad, dad - Can I have a Wigan shirt?" "It's not THAT bad, son"

We play Wigan in the penultimate weekend of the season, so I imagine the league will go right to the wire, if we're lucky

SC

Well here we are in the Royal Oak back on the internet, Wigan St Helens in the Challenge Cup Semi Final live from the Halliwell Jones stadium in Warrington, and the Huns trailing a goal to three at Ibrox against Chelsea. Earlier in the evening Wales came a narrow second to England 23 - 17 at Twickenham.

Does anyone have the result of the Wales 'A' v England 'A' rugby league?

SC

Take your seat SC...it seems St helens have the upper hand so far..

You get points for scoring tries, not having your hands on top.

Wigan 6 St Helens 2

the value of the tightest defence in the league.

Pie-eating gits

SC

Wigan 6 St Helens 2

Pie-eating gits

SC

I'm hoping they beat Helens though...the memories of that second half are still raw even now....

Wigan 6 St Helens 2

Pie-eating gits

SC

I'm hoping they beat Helens though...the memories of that second half are still raw even now....

I hope the crowd win. I hope its a home win.

SC

Edit: I've switched away from Radio Manchester again, in hope.

Edit: oh OH oh oh And ... he's brought down from behind by Lulai

tightest defence in the league

SAM TOMKINS IS OVER WITH A BEAUTIFUL DUMMY (sounds like last time I went to Nana)

No try - penalty for obstruction...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Told ya!

"He's just held up at the line by FOUR Wigan defenders, and its the last tackle here's the grubber and SAM TOMKINS IS ... no he isn't"

"Wigan have had so few chances in this match and yet they lead by six points to two..."

EDIT

The great thing about listening on the wireless is you can concentrate on the tottie walking past.

Although not in this pub, which is a bit bleak. I enjoy the conversation here, but the barman thinks I'm a loonie, talking to myself...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Told ya!

"He's just held up at the line by FOUR Wigan defenders, and its the last tackle here's the grubber and SAM TOMKINS IS ... no he isn't"

"Wigan have had so few chances in this match and yet they lead by six points to two..."

Some last ditch tackling though...great stuff!