New Mid-range Mobile Phone Today At Mbk

Off to buy a new phone today.

Can someone recommend a good shop in MBK? Hard to find anyone knowledgeable about phones. English helps

Tri-Band

Smallish

can backup easily by standard Mini USB cable.

Can charge by the same USB cable.

Can use leash

Nokia has worked pretty well through the years, i do not care for the goofy Nokia Suite PC software necessarily, it works i guess.

How about Samsung or LG?

around 4000-6000 thb.

What would be a latest model equivalent to say the Nokia 3110?

thx

Edited by mitebbots

I have had problems with my last two Nokia phones. The first was the N80 and the last an E51. This time I decided NOT to spend a lot of baht. I bought a Nokia 5130c Xpress music. It works great with EDGE using the cable or Bluetooth, takes a memory card, has good battery life and talks at least as well and the prior two Nokias. My hearing is not as good as it used to be and one of the reasons for the Xpress Music was the very high volume available. Any problems with this one and I will be changing brands.

Any of these phones would work as a 14.4 baud modem using 1-2-call? just for email access in remote areas? Or has. that changed? Not hip to EDGE exactly. I think it was the Samsung J700 that looked ok for an inexpensive phone. Those Nokia Xpress phones looked ok also.

Any of these phones would work as a 14.4 baud modem using 1-2-call? just for email access in remote areas? Or has. that changed? Not hip to EDGE exactly. I think it was the Samsung J700 that looked ok for an inexpensive phone. Those Nokia Xpress phones looked ok also.

I read that Nokia is coming out with an inexpensive phone that is capable of using 3G, if it were to come about. The article said it is coming out "third quarter of this year", which should be about now, but I haven't seen one yet. It is model 2730 and is supposed to sell for a bit over 100 US Dollars.

If I was to buy a mid-range phone right now based on recommendations only, I would buy the Nokia E51.

Perhaps the former poster could advice why I might want to change my mind?

My E51 is in the shop being repaired at this moment. The right side keys no longer light up. The one button sticks on occasion as in maybe 6 ones appearing from a single touch. Sometimes the calls break up. The callers insist it is my phone. I guess it is/was because no one complains about the new Xpress Music phone. The new cheaper phone even seems to connect easier and faster using EDGE. I'll know more when I get the E51 back. I did like the phone.

If I was to buy a mid-range phone right now based on recommendations only, I would buy the Nokia E51.

Perhaps the former poster could advice why I might want to change my mind?

My E51 is in the shop being repaired at this moment. The right side keys no longer light up. The one button sticks on occasion as in maybe 6 ones appearing from a single touch. Sometimes the calls break up. The callers insist it is my phone. I guess it is/was because no one complains about the new Xpress Music phone. The new cheaper phone even seems to connect easier and faster using EDGE. I'll know more when I get the E51 back. I did like the phone.

My wife called the repair shop today and the repairman said it is a good phone. The total for the repair bill is 300 baht. I'll try to get to Loei tomorrow to pick it up.

I have my E51 back and am happy to say it is working perfectly. The repair charge was indeed 300 baht. I have no idea what he did to the phone but I am quite happy to have the E51 back.