Pap Tests To Check For Cervical Cancer

aussiebebe

I wondered how much people were generally prepared to pay for a Pap test in Bangkok? I phoned one private hospital local to me and was quoted 1,300baht; without phoning round other places, I wondered if this was reasonable. Also, is there any difference between a hospital and private clinic that people would care to note. Also, if anyone was aware of anywhere offering a package, for an annual check-up including other tests, I'd be interested.

Any advice appreciated.

I wondered how much people were generally prepared to pay for a Pap test in Bangkok? I phoned one private hospital local to me and was quoted 1,300baht; without phoning round other places, I wondered if this was reasonable. Also, is there any difference between a hospital and private clinic that people would care to note. Also, if anyone was aware of anywhere offering a package, for an annual check-up including other tests, I'd be interested.

Any advice appreciated.

The price difference may also reflect the type of smear that is done; thin or thick smears.

The thin smears can only be done in higher end facilities; worth the slightly higher cost.

Make sure when they quote, you know which they are doing..

All major hospitals offer check-up packages and often there is one which includes a thin prep. Or, if you otherwise don't need all of what is in those packages, you can get it as an "add on" to a less exhaustive check-up package. As a check-up "add-on", usual rates at top line private hosps are between 1500 - 2000 Baht.

• 2 weeks later...