Big Bike Finance

thaicbr

Hi all. With the fact that a lot more big bikes are now available i was wondering if any one had information on a finance company that offered decent rates both for interest and deposit. For a car its pretty easy, the banks etc. for a smaller bike pretty easy most shops offer very competitive rates. But a big bike even a nearly new one ummmmmmmmmmm not so easy.

Any info would be gratefully received.

Allan

If you already own a car free of debts. Take out a loan on the existing car and use the cash to purchase a motorbike.

Failing that I believe Kawasaki,Yamaha, Ducati, Triumph & Harley Davidson offer finance on their products.

Thanks Travelmate. The car is financed. I know that the manufacturers do finance but the deposit tends to be on the large side. Take the Kawasaki Er6 for example. 75thou deposit on a 225thou bike. yet if you buy a Ksr its only 5,000 on a 50thou bike. .eg 25thou on 225thou. I'm looking at trying to get a deposit of about 20-25 thou on a 225thou bike. Any info would be appreciated. Allan

Livin thats kinda what i'm on about. How is it that i can get a 2nd hand car on a loan for 200thou at 4.55% per year (30.000dep) but to get a brand new bike for 225,000b i have to pay 10% per year and a 75thou deposit from Kawasaki.

Some thing not right there. So if any body has contact details of a decent finance company please post :)

Livin thats kinda what i'm on about. How is it that i can get a 2nd hand car on a loan for 200thou at 4.55% per year (30.000dep) but to get a brand new bike for 225,000b i have to pay 10% per year and a 75thou deposit from Kawasaki.

Some thing not right there. So if any body has contact details of a decent finance company please post :)

Is the Kwaker finance really 10% per year simple interest (remember thats how thais quote it.. Effective 2x real interest) ??

Whats the exact finance deal ?? 75 down and how much per month ??

And does it include the insurances and road reg extras ?

To be honest, its 75k.. In big bike world the cheap parts alone pays for itself. Time to suck it up and pay as little else comes close on price over term.

Livin the 75,000 is plus the insurance and on the road bringing it to 90,000 up front. And if i CAN get a lower down payment then i will. And it would seem that its 6.5% per year and 7,092b per month. according to a Thai site. I could have sworn they quoted me 10% ummm never mind.

saorsa. Dont want a Harley, They are not my cuppa tea, and i want a reasonable priced bike not an overpriced bike. Thanks though.

Edited by thaicbr

In big bike world the cheap parts alone pays for itself. Time to suck it up and pay as little else comes close on price over term.

Ain't that the truth LivinLOS!

I somehow managed to crack the subfender on my ER6 on this past weekend's 1665km ride-

ER6nSubFender1.jpg

I brought it in to Kawasaki today to order a new one. Take a wild guess what this part cost?

200 Baht! :)

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

p.s.

Allan- what did you do with the money you got when you sold the Super Sonic? That should have been enough to cover your deposit on an ER6, no? Good luck!

T

Tony. Supersonic money took me and the missus to England to see me mum. I'm not in a hurry to get a bike just yet, I'm still getting some pain in the wrists from the accident (and the bloody rain is crap). And i might look at something a bit different.

But yes a made in Thailand bike where the manufacturer isnt raping ya on spares prices is very,very good. I can get the deposit money in a few months just dont wanna really lash out that much in one go. It's about what my maybe project bike will cost when finished............................

Big bike is a hobby for those with spare cash. I seldom meet a big bike owner who need to get finance.

However for small bike, the Chinese bike shop downtown are quite happy for you to pay by installment, typically just a couple thousand Baht a month. No need to involve the bank.

7092 for what 2 years ?? Making 170208 ??

So 170 + 75 = 245 or 20k interest over 2 years ??

I see that as being 6 or so % in simple interest Thai terms.. 20k to have the credit doesnt strike me as too much pain.

yepp

But the large finance companies have guidelines from BKK on minimum 30% down on bigbikes. So when I try 10% down the interest increases to 12% simple. Thats 48600 baht for 2 years. 9.500 baht month payment. Still, compared with a Yammy 600 its a bargain................................ What do you say Allan?

Still working on it though to get a ER6n on low down finance until f arrives. Just waiting for more acceptable interest.

Peace of cake with any car with 10% down and 2,5-3% simple interest.

"Peace of cake with any car with 10% down and 2,5-3% simple interest."

Kata this is the bit that pisses me off. you can get low interest and low downpayment on cars even 2nd hand ones but on bikes they just havent been progressive enough. which finance company are you talking to. maybe i should go into the head office and inquire. :)

"Peace of cake with any car with 10% down and 2,5-3% simple interest."

Kata this is the bit that pisses me off. you can get low interest and low downpayment on cars even 2nd hand ones but on bikes they just havent been progressive enough. which finance company are you talking to. maybe i should go into the head office and inquire. :)

Allan, cool it 5 days and we may see 10% down and 5,9% simple on 2 years. Tanachart head office.

Allan, Tanachat did the finance for my Duc. Ducati arranged the "meet" between me and the bank, but it was all between me and Tanachat to get the loan. With a Thai co-signer down payment was 30% - when my co-signer didnt pass the credit check they gave me the loan in my name with 40% down.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a bit of an update to this thread. After trying about 8 or 9 finance places including banks, lease companies (Inc Kawasaki's own finance lease company) and smaller bike shop finance companies to get 125,000b to buy a nearly new Kawasaki Ninja 250.

I CAME UP WITH ...................... Nada, nothing, squat, bugger all.

To the best of my knowledge there are NO companies willing to lend money on Official 2nd hand Big bikes here in Thailand........... <deleted>++ing unbelievable.

Well a bit of an update to this thread. After trying about 8 or 9 finance places including banks, lease companies (Inc Kawasaki's own finance lease company) and smaller bike shop finance companies to get 125,000b to buy a nearly new Kawasaki Ninja 250.

To the best of my knowledge there are NO companies willing to lend money on Official 2nd hand Big bikes here in Thailand........... <deleted>++ing unbelievable.

Didnt you know.......Farangs are rolling in money...they dont need finance advances.

But if they dont have "big money" they are too big a credit risk...... compared to a Thai that earns 5000 B a month

TIT.

Visions. It was my Thai girlfriend doing the calling and the talking, It was never mentioned that it was for a Farang, the conversations never got that far.2nd hand Big bike ohhhh no,no,no.

Edited by thaicbr

Visions. It was my Thai girlfriend doing the calling and the talking, It was never mentioned that it was for a Farang, the conversations never got that far.2nd hand Big bike ohhhh no,no,no.

Try a different tactic, such as asking for a personal loan. In your GF's name of course.

Didnt you know.......Farangs are rolling in money...they dont need finance advances.

But if they dont have "big money" they are too big a credit risk...... compared to a Thai that earns 5000 B a month

TIT.

Allan get a thai creditcard for this kind of money :) Homepro next :D