Washing Your Helmet.

I wear a 'coolmax' helmet cap under the helmet that way you just wash that it's suprisingly cooler as well as it wicks away the sweat. also my helmets have removeable lining. You can buy helmet deodarisers (not sure where in Bkk thou)

Allan

Depends on what helmet you got. With removable lining or non-removable lining.

I remove the lining of my helmet and use Johnsons baby Shampoo. So it not so harsh on the lining and the internal sponge. Plus it smells nice. :)

For those with non-removable lining will need to immerse the whole helmet in a bucket or bath.

I can shower and smell all nice, but after a 15 minute ride with my girlfriend to the local Suki shop, my head "min maak!"

What do you guys do to wash your helmets?

i have read this twice and i am still wondering which helmet you are refering to.. in any case cant she wash it for you? :)

I can shower and smell all nice, but after a 15 minute ride with my girlfriend to the local Suki shop, my head "min maak!"

i have read this twice and i am still wondering which helmet you are refering to.. in any case cant she wash it for you? :)

According to Travelmate it depends if you are circumcised or not - more confused now.

I wear a 'coolmax' helmet cap under the helmet that way you just wash that it's suprisingly cooler as well as it wicks away the sweat. also my helmets have removeable lining. You can buy helmet deodarisers (not sure where in Bkk thou)

Allan

Can you buy these 'coolmax' helmet caps in Bangkok? Do Paddock/Red Baron stock them?

Just read a review and they sound like a good idea.

LoL. Yea she could wash it for me. And I have one of those cheap "Real" helmets. Quite nice though. Yes the lining is removable. It has those "snap buttons" underneith.

It is just that I have never cleaned a helmet before....

Remove the liner and bung it in the washing machine along with a towel.

The only bit to take care with is the leather strap , if it is leather. Don't forget helmets are made to wear in the rain so water doesn't usually hurt them.

When storing it peal an orange bung the peal in the helmet and then the helmet in a garbage bag. Don't fancy the orange, grind up some charcoal put it in a sock, put the sock in the helmet.

I wash mine in the shower, smells fine! :)

Its a sensitive area so be gentle, dont rub it too hard or you might do some damage. warm soapy water will do, gets it smelling nice and its shiney and clean too! :):D

Second the pop out the liner and hand wash. Wouln't want to see it go through a machine, not sure if it would injure the foam, but better safe than sorry. Do it on a low humidity day and dry post haste in the sun.

If your tilak really loved you should do it for you (or in my case get her little brother to wash my riding gear!).