Ubc/true Satellite

zoolander

We live i a remote village about 40k from the nearest city. There are no adsl/broadband or cable services near us, so the only option for western TV is to purchase satellite. The option it seems that is legal and without hassle is to go for UBC/true. There are no UBC/true shops in the city only one satellite shop that works in partnership with UBC/true. Their charge for the Gold package is 1,412.97B + vat a month - 1000B installation fee - 2000B deposit (Only refunded if i cancel the package after the first 6 months, non refundable if we cancel within the first 6 months). I only want to make sure the above is correct because i have screwed before in this country.

We live i a remote village about 40k from the nearest city. There are no adsl/broadband or cable services near us, so the only option for western TV is to purchase satellite. The option it seems that is legal and without hassle is to go for UBC/true. There are no UBC/true shops in the city only one satellite shop that works in partnership with UBC/true. Their charge for the Gold package is 1,412.97B + vat a month - 1000B installation fee - 2000B deposit (Only refunded if i cancel the package after the first 6 months, non refundable if we cancel within the first 6 months). I only want to make sure the above is correct because i have screwed before in this country.

Sounds like the normal UBC rate for their monopoly on sattelite TV. Have to pay :) No choice, what are you gonna do?

Sounds like the normal UBC rate for their monopoly on sattelite TV. Have to pay :) No choice, what are you gonna do?

Use one of the many other Thai satellite providers one such one was mentioned above by another poster to this thread.

Where you guys get the idea that Truevisions have this as a monopoly defeats me, as all that changed over four years ago and we now have over 24 Thai satellite operators across five different satellites above us here in Thailand.

Having said that they are not providing the content that Truevisions are rebroadcasting, but good all the same and I agree with the other poster TopUP TV is great and very cheap.

I live 80k the other side of Ubon from you in a similarly remote village. Was kitted out with the same satellite and package yesterday and the reception is great and am very happy with it. I left my wife to choose what was the best financial package and we seem to have paid 9,400 one time setup cost, the Gold package being 1,463 pcm (inc VAT) and I had to pay 3 months package fee up front. Maybe you have a better deal. Not cheap but not expensive by UK standards and what a relief to get away from all that Thai programming with the "boing / zing / ahuh" prompts to make you laugh!

There seems to be a new player in town http://topuptvpage.googlepages.com/index.html

I have no idea how they are but the fact they do have OZ programming should draw a number of unhappy campers who have abanded UBC as they just dropped programming from down under.

There web site isn't very good. It looks like they only have 8 channels. What other options are out there?

Use one of the many other Thai satellite providers one such one was mentioned above by another poster to this thread.

Where you guys get the idea that Truevisions have this as a monopoly defeats me, as all that changed over four years ago and we now have over 24 Thai satellite operators across five different satellites above us here in Thailand.

Having said that they are not providing the content that Truevisions are rebroadcasting, but good all the same and I agree with the other poster TopUP TV is great and very cheap.

why don't you name them? :D