Jasmine Warns Of Tt&t Coup

bazmlb

Jasmine International Plc, the parent of TT&T Plc, has threatened to transfer all of its affiliate’s broadband customers to its own network if TT&T does not win approval from its creditors to manage its own debt rehabilitation.

The threat came after TT&T’s creditors demanded P Planner Co conduct the business rehabilitation, which could allow foreign creditors to take over the company and sell it for profit.

The integrated communications service provider also blamed creditors for squeezing TT&T’s budget, which could lead to additional layoffs, said a TT&T executive who asked not to be named.

triple-t-bb-logoTT&T recently cut 10% of its entire workforce, and relocated 700 staff to its broadband arm, Triple T Broadband, in which Jasmine International owns 91%.

http://www.thaiglobaltel.com/?p=5027

I'm so seek of TT&T/Maxnet... :D

Since about 2 month my internet-connection is so slow and unstable like never before — and I think this is not the end in getting worse.

There is proverb in Germany:

"Under blind people the one with one eye will be king."

And this is exactly the success story of TT&T/Maxnet. For example in Pattaya they can do whatever they want, without any support... because other providers are worse.

For me in Pattaya there is no other way to get anywhere else an at least 50% working internet connection like with Maxnet (...with TOT perhaps a 30% working connection).

And even in 10 years this nightmare will not change.

WELCOME TO AMAZING THAILAND! :)

Jasmine is a rather small company that is owned by Pongpol Adireksan, former Commerce Minister in Thaksin's cabinet and a key TRT figure. He managed to get hold of much bigger TT&T and his company has been reaping huge profits from TT&T which, in turn, had been accumulating huge debts.

The creditors want P Planner to restructure TT&T, and they want Jasmine out, and so Jasmine comes with an ulitmatum

There is proverb in Amerika:

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

This strange coincidence, no?

Hoho... :)

that's exactly the same! Who invented it first: The "Krauts" or the Americans?

Jasmine is a rather small company that is owned by Pongpol Adireksan, former Commerce Minister in Thaksin's cabinet and a key TRT figure. He managed to get hold of much bigger TT&T and his company has been reaping huge profits from TT&T which, in turn, had been accumulating huge debts.

The creditors want P Planner to restructure TT&T, and they want Jasmine out, and so Jasmine comes with an ulitmatum

For me in this context there are only two questions:

1. "For how long capacity and customer-support will suffer under this mess?" :)

2. "Could it be possible that there are other (unknown) reasons for the current Maxnet-chaos?" :D

And while we are talking about this, it's still getting worse each day — like you can read in the other thread called "Maxnet Latest Problems".

Exactly

Yes, I too had a chuckle over that. I had an American teacher ask me if we had miles in the UK. Of course, I replied - we invented the measurement. She just couldn't accept that :D

Appears neither: :)

[in regione caecorum rex est luscus.]

Desiderius Erasmus, Adagia (III, IV, 96)

Dutch author, philosopher, & scholar (1466 - 1536)

I remember a priest told me many years ago it was from the Bible... That proverb can be found in it.

but please don't ask me which book or chapter... or if its true. Can be

Wow, I was once in the JAS but I never know it was the Parent company of TT&T.

Now that I know more about JAS, the less I am interested in the company.

Boycott please.

Sorry, it was Adisai Bodharamik, not Pongpol, who was the founder of Jasmine.

Adisai's son, Pete, is the current CEO.

After the crisis Jasmine went bust, but when TRT came to power, Adisai got the Commerce minister post and Jasmine got 70% debt reduction. Eventually it was also able to get hold of TT&T after TOT break up.

Wow, I was once in the JAS but I never know it was the Parent company of TT&T.

Now that I know more about JAS, the less I am interested in the company.

Boycott please.

Boycott? They provide better speeds for less money than TT&T and their support service is fantastic. I moved to them from Maxnet three months ago and life has been so much better.

Went to pay my Maxnet bill in Airport Plaza, Chiang Mai today. The doors of the shop were closed and the staff inside looked under-occupied and listless. The whole of the frontage of the shop was covered in printed notices (in Thai only) which basically said "we cannot accept any more payments here, you must go to Siam Commercial Bank or Krung Thai Bank."

This appears to bear the hallmarks of a company in trouble.