Fabrique - 300 Baht Entry Fee For Foreigners

ProdigalSon

Just a heads up, so be ready to do one of the following:

1) pay up

2) speak enough Thai to talk your way around it

3) take a copy of your work permit (sounds like a pain in the arse, but remember Thais have to carry their ID cards)

4) leave in disgust

Edited by ProdigalSon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) pay up

3) take a copy of your work permit (sounds like a pain in the arse, but remember Thais have to carry their ID cards)

4) leave in disgust

help m out here.... fabrique ? is it a dress shop :)

help m out here.... fabrique ? is it a dress shop

Is it a salon de cochon where you bring your pig to have her whiskers styled a la Francaise with expensive oinkments ?

~o:37;

Edited by orang37

1) pay up

4) leave in disgust

And then?

Strange. I thought all the weirdos had left town.

1) pay up

4) leave in disgust

Just like Mandalay, they are trying to limit the Farangs.

A Mandalay doorman once explained their policy ... 'Mai Aow Farang'!!

Maybe the owners of Fabrique drove past Spicey's at 4am one night.

1) pay up

4) leave in disgust

And then?

And then what???

If you choose 1,2 or 3 then you go into the club.

If you choose 4 then you go somewhere else.

What 'weirdos' are you talking about BB?

Edited by ProdigalSon

1) pay up

4) leave in disgust

And then?

And then what???

Check your avatar. Where I come from, those who prefer self molestation are referred to by a different name.

So where is this Fabrique place, and what is the compelling reason to get in, ProdigalSon?

If a bar/disco/etc. has a discriminatory policy or don't like farang, I have no problem going up the street to the hundreds of other places in this fair city that welcome me.

Personally I have never encountered this treatment here.

1) pay up

4) leave in disgust

And then?

And then what???

Check your avatar. Where I come from, those who prefer self molestation are referred to by a different name.

Wow this thread is going in the hang nam fast. What is this thread about ?

Only connection I can make is my Mandalay club experience. I wandered down the soy to Mandalay club one night. It is the only club that makes CM look like Las Vegas at night. I walked in and sat down at a long table bar in the rear of the place. All I could see was a big crowd of black hair dancing.

All of a sudden I was surrounded by 4 Thai guys,they were not smiling :-) one asked what I want. I said a Heineken please and the guy said 500 BT, I said no thank you and walked out. Lesson learned, some Thai places do not welcome Faranges. Don't know if this is on topic, just a pass along.

Wow this thread is going in the hang nam fast. What is this thread about ?

Only connection I can make is my Mandalay club experience. I wandered down the soy to Mandalay club one night. It is the only club that makes CM look like Las Vegas at night. I walked in and sat down at a long table bar in the rear of the place. All I could see was a big crowd of black hair dancing.

All of a sudden I was surrounded by 4 Thai guys,they were not smiling :-) one asked what I want. I said a Heineken please and the guy said 500 BT, I said no thank you and walked out. Lesson learned, some Thai places do not welcome Faranges. Don't know if this is on topic, just a pass along.

I've been to Mandalay dozens of times and always found everyone very friendly.

Have to admit I've always been surprised how few foreign guys I see there considering the quality of the women

Never knew it wasn't farang friendly.

Never gone on my own though, so I guess that might be a different experience

yeah wats this all about??

re Man-da-lay

been a few times myself, but admittedly the music isnt to my liking, i just tagged along, i think theres a dress code there ie no flip flops n tank tops, so they could bully you with the expensive drink price~ who knows...havent been there in ages, do they still film the girls and show them on the big screen? hehe :)

do thais have to pay too?

i don't think fabrique is all that anyway. most of the time i went there the music sucked and it's just people sitting around tables getting drunk. i suppose if you are a guy in your early 20s it is a good place to meet pretty thai chicks.

edit: they do have a great outdoors area

Edited by girlx

So where is this Fabrique place, and what is the compelling reason to get in, ProdigalSon?

If a bar/disco/etc. has a discriminatory policy or don't like farang, I have no problem going up the street to the hundreds of other places in this fair city that welcome me.

Personally I have never encountered this treatment here.

It's in the President Hotel, just off the north-east corner of the moat. Reason to get in? It's probably the best after-hours club in CM. Unfortunately there aren't hundreds of other places you can go to at about 2am if you want to carry on partying.

i don't think fabrique is all that anyway. most of the time i went there the music sucked and it's just people sitting around tables getting drunk. i suppose if you are a guy in your early 20s it is a good place to meet pretty thai chicks.

No they don't.

Agreed, the music could be better (same for almost every club in CM), but at least it's a step in 'the right direction' for clubs in CM.

As you said, the outdoors area is great.

It seems that clubs try to pull this BS when you come either alone or with other farang and not Thai. I personally have never had these problems, but I always went with Thai's.

Only been to Mandalay once, but I have heard many complaints.

Honestly, I stuck to Warm Up unless someplace like Monkey, Fashion, or discovery had a band playing who I liked.

Also in my experience, it seems that farang don't like the pub/bar experience catered towards thai. If you go to a place like warm up, all the farang hang out in the lounge area (techno) and prefer bigger "dance clubs/ discotheques"

The only advice I have is that if you are getting a negative vibe, leave and cut your losses.

Thais don't pay. As I said, the doorman , after a bit of polite interrogation, eventually spoke the truth .. 'Mai aow Farang - we don't want foreigners'. Sure, turn up with a group of thai friends and it's no problem , but two farang guys have to pay 300 baht each. A way of deterring most and keeping the backpackers out.

Thais don't pay. As I said, the doorman , after a bit of polite interrogation, eventually spoke the truth .. 'Mai aow Farang - we don't want foreigners'. Sure, turn up with a group of thai friends and it's no problem , but two farang guys have to pay 300 baht each. A way of deterring most and keeping the backpackers out.

I wonder about this too.

If two groups of farang showed up the same night at different times. One group dressed backpackerish and the other with style (read money) I wonder if the treatment would be the same.

I can understand that they want a place free of farang. There are farang places that discourage Thais from staying as well. For example, a Thai friend of mine tried to take her Thai boyfriend to Spotlight after I told her about the dancing girls on the bar. The mamasan told them they couldn't come in. I would only go to a place and spend my money in a place where I feel welcome and there are loads of Thai places that welcome farang.

As Girlx said, It's not all that anyway. There are far better places to go in Chiang Mai.

I went there about 3 weeks ago and didn't have to pay. I wasn't even asked and there wasn't anyone there collecting. Even so, I found the place decidedly limp and vowed never to return.

I can see how some feel a little discriminated about this dual pricing crap and may see getting in without paying like a battle for justice. However, in my opinion this place just isn't worth it.

I've never heard of Fabrique either, but I would just move on and go somewhere else.

I too, had a similar experience at Mandalay the one and only time I went there when I first moved here. I went with a Thai girl I met and we were greeted by two unfriendly guys who, after what seemed like more than five minutes of studying the girls' ID card, told her to leave without explanation, and told me to pay 500 Baht to get in or leave. We left.

I can understand that they want a place free of farang. There are farang places that discourage Thais from staying as well. For example, a Thai friend of mine tried to take her Thai boyfriend to Spotlight after I told her about the dancing girls on the bar. The mamasan told them they couldn't come in. I would only go to a place and spend my money in a place where I feel welcome and there are loads of Thai places that welcome farang.

yep, same here. got no problem with it really. there are plenty of places in britain which turn their noses up at tourists too for example.

Never been to Fabrique, a couple of guys I know work there and tell me I wouldn't like it :D so many better places to go until dawn :D Apparently a hangout for the Karoke bar girls - not my thing :D

Go to Mandagay every so often, never paid to get in; always with a group of Thais and know several of the staff too. The owner's door policy is quite simple: they don't want the lone Farang wallflowers nursing their bottle of Heiniken while trying to hit on uninterested passing girls. Or even worse, those Farangs who are older than John Travolta but still think they can out do his performance in Saturday night Fever. Not pretty and you know who you are :D Backpakers are just trouble, and nurse the bottle of Heineken between several.........

Mandagay is a Thai place for Thai people, we need to respect that. Farangs who go with a group of Thais, stand respectfully round a table with bottles of whisky :D , don't grope the ladies, run a healthy Check Bin and understand what a tip is are always :) Sweet!

Never been to Fabrique, a couple of guys I know work there and tell me I wouldn't like it :D so many better places to go until dawn :D Apparently a hangout for the Karoke bar girls - not my thing :D

Go to Mandagay every so often, never paid to get in; always with a group of Thais and know several of the staff too. The owner's door policy is quite simple: they don't want the lone Farang wallflowers nursing their bottle of Heiniken while trying to hit on uninterested passing girls. Or even worse, those Farangs who are older than John Travolta but still think they can out do his performance in Saturday night Fever. Not pretty and you know who you are :D Backpakers are just trouble, and nurse the bottle of Heineken between several.........

Mandagay is a Thai place for Thai people, we need to respect that. Farangs who go with a group of Thais, stand respectfully round a table with bottles of whisky :D , don't grope the ladies, run a healthy Check Bin and understand what a tip is are always :) Sweet!

havent seen the "harlem shuffle" performed for awhile, i wouldnt be offended if i saw it, i would be pissing myself :D who knows, it could make a come back :D

reason for edit; just had to include video!!!! :P

Edited by Donnyboy

How many times has fabrique been shut down for selling uppers in their cocktails now?

Eh???? Thought Fabrique had only been open a few months? At least with that name, though maybe was something else before? Are you thinking of somehwere else?

How many times has fabrique been shut down for selling uppers in their cocktails now?

Eh???? Thought Fabrique had only been open a few months? At least with that name, though maybe was something else before? Are you thinking of somehwere else?

They sold a "1000 Baht coffee". Apparently it contained a new designer drug that mimics ecstasy. I don't know anything about drugs so I don't know if this is just gossip. They were shut down when the Bangkok police came up and were shutting everything down at 1 a.m. Only ever been once and didn't really like it and haven't been back so don't know if the special coffees are back on

At least once.

It opened last year (as Fabrique). Not sure if it was a different club before that.

Never been to Fabrique, a couple of guys I know work there and tell me I wouldn't like it :)so many better places to go until dawn :D Apparently a hangout for the Karoke bar girls - not my thing :D

Could you list a few of your favourites? On second thoughts... I'll start a new thread.