Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Fnu Upgrade Makes Gps Unnecessary For Local Destinations

Like many riders, my FNU is the love of my life. However, when it comes to traveling to a new destination, the direction commands from the pillion often arrive too late or are lost in translation. Too many times I have had to pull over and chill out a moment because we have missed a crucial turn, or nearly got killed attempting a last minute maneuver. The problem comes from the fact that although the FNU understands the route it does not have direct access to the control functions at the front of the bike. Most often auditory commands from the back are muffled by traffic, wind, bike noise, or the occasional sound truck.

Recently I had a break through which, once I had implemented it, has resulted in many kilometers of shout free driving, and a much higher percentage of destinations reached without incident.

What I did was add some new code to the FNU’s central processor. This code results in 4 basic navigation instructions that are transmitted not by sound, but by touch. This eliminates entirely any effect of auditory interference. The four basic commands are. Turn left (indicated by a tap on the left shoulder). Turn right (right shoulder). Keep going straight (middle back). Stop (tap on the helmet).

I find that system takes a while to become integrated to the FNU’s normal function. I find a gentle reboot from time to time makes the FNU more likely to activate the new programming.

I would like to add that although theoretical, this system might also be function with an MNU, which should be well received by riders who prefer alternate equipment.

Happy trails

FNU (female navigation unit) credit: T-dog said it first.

Had a similar situation, but slightly different codes. Two taps on the spine meant go through and pulling on both shoulders meant stop (guess she thinks I'm a horse). And we must not forget the old two fist punch to the kidneys when speed exceeded what she thought was acceptable.

Now-a-days though she won't ride with me. Guess she thinks that if we have an accident there needs to be somebody to take care of our daughter...or something.