Changing 1 Baht Coins Up Into Notes

StevieH

does anyone know if banks will change a bag full of 1 baht coins up into notes? or if not is there somewhere else i can get this done? cheers.

Depend on how big the bag is you could go shopping for a new Plasma TV or a BMW.

You can use 1-baht coins at most BTS vending machines.

does anyone know if banks will change a bag full of 1 baht coins up into notes? or if not is there somewhere else i can get this done? cheers.

Just last night I heard that banks will change coins, but charge 10%!!

Maybe some of the small traders in the veg market would want them.

Just last night I heard that banks will change coins, but charge 10%!!

Maybe some of the small traders in the veg market would want them.

yeah i'd half expect to pay a commission but i've got about 500 1 baht coins in a jar so just want to get them changed up. in the uk we have machines in supermarkets that change up small change into notes and they take a cut so it's no surprise.

Roll and cellotape them into batches of 10's and any shop will take them from you.

I used to do this for the expressway. Roll into batches of five coins and use them at the toll gates. I generally did not give them more than one roll depending on the toll price.

I've got all these 1,000 baht notes lying about..anyone know where I can change them into coins..come on ..get real man !

I've got all these 1,000 baht notes lying about..anyone know where I can change them into coins..come on ..get real man !

my wife changes her jar full of 25/50 Satang coins at Tesco, they love to take them. Just go to one of the cashiers. I am sure same applies to one Baht coins.

I took to 7/11 on Friday

20 baht of 25 satang coins

20 baht of 50 satang coins

400 baht of 1 baht coins

1,000 baht of 10 baht coins

7/11 love you when you take small change, for the past 5 years have cleared of the coin jar every year

give em.. away !!! :) surely you don't need them !!

what's with the moron answers?

my wife changes her jar full of 25/50 Satang coins at Tesco, they love to take them. Just go to one of the cashiers. I am sure same applies to one Baht coins.
I took to 7/11 on Friday

20 baht of 25 satang coins

20 baht of 50 satang coins

400 baht of 1 baht coins

1,000 baht of 10 baht coins

7/11 love you when you take small change, for the past 5 years have cleared of the coin jar every year

but thanks for the useful ones.

------------------------------

I do regularly save all coins, and change them into notes every other month.

I have an amount like 3-5.000 baht in total.

The banks here in Chaiyaphum is charging a fee, and seems to be soo not

interested....

Have foun d finally the goldmine of mine TESCO LOTUS, They reaölly need the change

and are also very nice to you.

Glegolo :)

Yes, Stevie,

Banks do convert coins to bills. However, you must find a branch

that has coin-counting machines. That usually means it's a major

office in any given area, rather than a satelite. I would not bother

sorting and taping them inasmuch as all the wrappers simply will be

torn off (breakdowns ignored) and all the coins will be thrown into

the machine.

No fee for the conversion into bills...but whatever amount of baht

you determine you have in coins, odds are the bank will tell you you

have less. :)

Firstly, you need to make it 100 coins (100 Baht) each bag so that it will be easy for them to count.

Secondly, I would deposit them into my bank account then withdraw afterward. I guess they won't be able to refuse receiving it.