Bupa (thailand) Policy Numbers

jazzbo

Wow, look at the exclusions at: http://www.protecta-thai.com/pdf/bluecross...tinum_cover.pdf

Exclusions:

- Pre-existing conditions

- Treatment not recommended by a doctor

- Birth control and treatment of infertility

- Hormone replacement therapy

- Treatment of congenital abnormalities

- Expenses recoverable from a third party

- Routine and annual health checks, eye sight examination, eye laser and cosmetic treatment

- HIV / AIDS and HIV related illnesses

- Appliances such as spectacles, lenses, hearing aids and wheelchaires

- Outpatient physical therapy and alternative treatment (e.g. acupuncture, chiropractor)

- Transplant surgery and supportive treatment of renal failure

- Injury due to dangerous sports

Personal Accident:

- Injury due to dangerous sports

- Flying in a non-commercial aircraft or while serving as a crew in any aircraft

- Suicide or self-inflicted injury

- Bacterial infection

- Miscarriage resulting from an accident

- Taking part in a crawl or a war

- Radioactivity

Please refer to the policy wording for the full benefit covers and definitions.

- Inpatient expenses are payable for any one disability. If the same disability reoccures, 90 days must have elapsed from the last

date of treatment that this disability is cosidered a new disability.

- Treatment arising from self-inflicted injury, suicide attempt, alcoholism, drug abuse or sexually transmitted diseases

- For on a motorcycle only 50% of the benefit will be paid

updated

No coverage for injury due to dangerous sports (I'd like to see their list), congenital abnormalities, bacterial infection!, STD's, routine health checks, only 50% while driving or riding on motorcycle? (I think that is what they are trying to say with "losses arising while driving as a passenger" . And <deleted> is "Taking part in a crawl"?? Brawl I think.

And it gets worse here: Look at page 21 22. http://www.e-insurethailand.com/download/B...num_T&C.pdf. This one says no coverage for motorbike accident. Am I missing something? What's the point of getting insurance?

Edited by Scubabuddha

BUPA (Thailand) -- and probably others in Thailand -- will in many cases put a 2-year exclusion on a pre-existing condition if properly and fully disclosed on the application. Full coverage after the 2 years.

As for injuries from extreme sports, motorcycles, etc., etc., insurance is for quantifiable risks -- not near certainties.