Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Gps Things

saorsa

Was on a run to Kao Yai national park yesterday (which has an awesome twisty road that is perfect for bikes incidentally) and the guy I was with had a Garmin GPS route planner thingy. Does anyone else use one of these? I am sick of spending so much time lost in BKK on my bike, so any recommendations for models to buy/avoid would be appreciated as I think it would be ideal for the crazy road network here.

Was on a run to Kao Yai national park yesterday (which has an awesome twisty road that is perfect for bikes incidentally) and the guy I was with had a Garmin GPS route planner thingy. Does anyone else use one of these? I am sick of spending so much time lost in BKK on my bike, so any recommendations for models to buy/avoid would be appreciated as I think it would be ideal for the crazy road network here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Gps-Navigator-t164314.html

GPS is the only way to go. Unfortunately, buying one in Thailand costs about 300% over the cost in the U.S. I would buy one somewhere else. If you want one for your bike in country or if you need maps (ESRI or Rotweiler), save yourself a lot of grief and contact Erwim (in Koh Samui) at <snip>

Edited by soundman
No Email addresses as per Forum Rules. PM member.

For some reason my post saying people could contact me for maps was removed yet a posted above my post can try to sell the same maps ??

As they are selling all garmin maps at far under legal garmin prices mods must understand those are stolen maps being sold.. So thats OK to profit from it but not ok to send someone a link ??

For some reason my post saying people could contact me for maps was removed yet a posted above my post can try to sell the same maps ??

As they are selling all garmin maps at far under legal garmin prices mods must understand those are stolen maps being sold.. So thats OK to profit from it but not ok to send someone a link ??

according to this post of mentioned member he bought them in bulk and they are unlocked for all units.He even has never heard of copied maps. :):D :D :D

I had a TFND but it made too many mistakes and I was lost more often then when I went alone. The Thai Female Navigation Device also talked too much and loved to supervise my driving.

I finally bought a Garmin and when my TFND started navigating, I just pointed at the Garmin.

I have heard of hacked maps, I have seen hacked maps. Have I used them??? No, I'm not into turning my unit into a brick.

Nor am I into copyright infringment. As Thai jails are a beautiful place, I must say no!

Go ahead an install your hacked maps, Just don't update your firmware!

Navtec and Garmin are starting script to sniff out dummy codes and lock the unit.

Enjoy your unit while it works,

I have heard of hacked maps, I have seen hacked maps. Have I used them??? No, I'm not into turning my unit into a brick.

Nor am I into copyright infringment. As Thai jails are a beautiful place, I must say no!

Go ahead an install your hacked maps, Just don't update your firmware!

Navtec and Garmin are starting script to sniff out dummy codes and lock the unit.

Enjoy your unit while it works,

I think better you watch out yourself for posting a classified selling garmin maps unlocked for every unit because garmin doesn't have such a thing.I guess Garmin would be more interested in the seller then the user. :)

Yeah people taking the online maps and relocking them (like rotwieller) with tools like gpsmaper pro is a scam on the increase.. I have seen people in the local IT malls now opting to do this to people who dont know the difference.

Blagging them is one thing, reselling blagged stuff is entirely another.