Church Of Christ

buffaloe

Can't a guy ask a simple polite question without the peanut gallery blathering on in their know-it-all way?

If someone wants to go to church it's their prerogative and it isn't harming anyone here. You may think it's pointless but I'm sure many people point at your lives and say the same thing, so maybe take another look at the old adage that if you can't say something nice, refrain from making a <deleted> of yourself.

Can't a guy ask a simple polite question without the peanut gallery blathering on in their know-it-all way?

If someone wants to go to church it's their prerogative and it isn't harming anyone here. You may think it's pointless but I'm sure many people point at your lives and say the same thing, so maybe take another look at the old adage that if you can't say something nice, refrain from making a <deleted> of yourself.

I got a PM from the OP saying reason to go to church was to be with like minded people - same as me in bars I guess - fair enough

"Can't a guy ask a simple polite question without the peanut gallery blathering on in their know-it-all way?

If someone wants to go to church it's their prerogative and it isn't harming anyone here. You may think it's pointless but I'm sure many people point at your lives and say the same thing, so maybe take another look at the old adage that if you can't say something nice, refrain from making a <deleted> of yourself. "

Yes I agree there is nothing wrong with looking for a church. I don't know if you believe in God as the Creator but if so then please realize that nothing happens in existence that was not preordained before the beginning of time. Maybe there is a good reason for all this happening.

I'm not a "know it all" and far off from being a member of some kind of "peanut gallery." The OP just got a taste of what it's like to profess Christ. May it be no more or less than a blessing to him.

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane .

4) Not to flame fellow members.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Thread closed; most posts deleted. Shame on you.