2 Nights - Short Or Long Term Parking?

I'm going to Penang on a visa run and need to leave my car at Swanpy parking. I'll be away for 2 nights. Which would be the best place to leave my car - short term parking, long term parking or Khun Nok's parking behind her Somtam cart??

Simon

I'm going to Penang on a visa run and need to leave my car at Swanpy parking. I'll be away for 2 nights. Which would be the best place to leave my car - short term parking, long term parking or Khun Nok's parking behind her Somtam cart??

Simon

Hi Simon,

It's probably easier to get the bus there and back.

Are you still in Pattaya?

Simon

I'd go for the short term parking - about 250 Baht a day and your car is under cover. I think the long term is about 100 Baht cheaper but your car is out in the wilds in full sun, rain or whatever -- and I'm not too sure how secure either.

2 nights 3 days (fully 72 hours) will cost you 750 THB in the short term parking. I am always going for the short term otherwise, if you stay away longer, take a taxi...

Simon

ok - short term it is then.... need to make sure that the Porsche is looked after ok :D

Simon

BAWL!!

Got back at 5.30 on saturday AM, went to get the car. Whilst walking up to it (it's alone in a row of spaces) I thought "I wasn't pissed when I parked so why is it not straight". Not only wasn't it straight, it was halfway into the next slot having been shunted there by whatever stove in the rear passenger door :)

Luckily for me the culprit had left a note with his number :D The Missus spoke to the young chaps Mum (he wouldn't speak, terrifed) who admitted everything and offered to pay. Quote from our local metal basher was 15,000 (new door, new step and some paint), Mum transferred cash by ATM, job sorted :D

I never did find out exactly what happend except the car "got away from him" but he must have been moving pretty quick to shove 2 tons of truck a good 3/4 of a metre sideways.

Anyone notice if there's CCTV in the parking, obviously if there hadn't been a note I would have been reliant upon any images captured by that to locate the guilty.

I have a Ford Ranger, good job it wasn't Simons Porche :D

I think you were very lucky to get the note.

I must admit to surprise at finding the note, and amazement that there was no argument about the quote (could have gotten away with a bash out and fill, I insisted on a new door) :)

Nice one Thailand, :D folks are not as bad as they have been painted after all, are they 'Crossy' :D. Much better off by getting a new door. Good on both parties I think. :D They were honest and you as well. Karma come to mind. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D