What's The Best Way To Open An Itunes Store Account

ThaiLife

Can some one please outline the procurer to open an iTunes Store account if you live here in Thailand , I have both a UK bank account & a Thai bank account . Any advice, comments or Tips would be most welcome :)

Thanks

Can some one please outline the procurer to open an iTunes Store account if you live here in Thailand , I have both a UK bank account & a Thai bank account . Any advice, comments or Tips would be most welcome :)

Thanks

Go to www.apple.com/itunes/ and download iTunes 8.

You don't need a bank account. Just a credit card if you are going to purchase any apps in the future.

Folks, the critical element is the home country of your credit card, not where you necessarily live. For example, if you have a UK/US/Aus credit card, which is the supplied card details when you open your account, you can buy/download music/video etc from the respective country store only. For example, my account uses a Spanish visa card, and hence I can only buy items from the Spanish iTunes website. I've complained to Apple about this more times than I care to remember, however I do know that they have grief with the respective countries copyright law and different tax regimes.

Hi, Ive selected the UK as my store, and I have a UK bank account and card, but the account address of the UK bank is here in Thailand,

so I am not too sure if putting my UK bank account details in and my Thai address will work .. ?

Thanks

u can open a us itunes account (which has the best content) without a usa credit card. and use a online supplier for gift cards for itunes that u pay for with paypal and add to your account.

So if I had a UK iTunes account , and One friend had a USA iTunes account , and One had a Spanish iTunes account

would we all have exactually the same choice of apps to buy ..?

Thanks

Apps yes. Movies, TV Shows and music and music videos No.

Thanks namoo,

I was hoping to open a Uk iTunes Store Account , using my UK Credit Card , but ive just read this ...

To open an iTunes Store account, you must provide a valid payment method, such as a credit card, and a valid billing address. The iTunes Store is not available in all countries. To open an account, your payment method and billing address must be from same country as the iTunes Store you use.

My problem is that although I have a Uk bank account and want to open the Uk iTunes account using my Uk credit card , my Uk bank account address is here in Thailand .

any one know a way around this :)

u can open a us itunes account (which has the best content) without a usa credit card. and use a online supplier for gift cards for itunes that u pay for with paypal and add to your account.

So if I had a UK iTunes account , and One friend had a USA iTunes account , and One had a Spanish iTunes account

Thanks

don't know if this helps but there are some stores that sell pre-loaded iTunes credit.

I bought such a thing at Costco here in the USA. i got 4 X $15 dollar credits for a sale price of $49 (UDS) =$60.

hope that gives u an idea. don't know if they will ship to LOS but maybe they will or somebody will.

Good luck.

many sellers will sell you US itunes gift cards online and email you the codes instantly. You just need to open a US itunes account you can do this without using a usa credit card. Google will tell u how.

No. Apps are different for different countries. For example, Google Earth is not available in the Thai store, but it is in other stores. I use the Japanese store, but cannot get apps such as last.fm which is not allowed outside of the US due to copyright restrictions.

You can have more than one itunes account, but this gets a bit tricky when doing updates, as your phone is only made to use one account.

No. Apps are different for different countries. For example, Google Earth is not available in the Thai store, but it is in other stores. I use the Japanese store, but cannot get apps such as last.fm which is not allowed outside of the US due to copyright restrictions.

You can have more than one itunes account, but this gets a bit tricky when doing updates, as your phone is only made to use one account.

Thanks for your reply, Thats very interesting .. :)

It looks as if the only way I can personally use an iTunes Store , is buy buying and paying for some iTunes Store Gift vouchers using my Uk Ebay account

I was going to try and set up a USA iTunes Store account , but its far simpler for me to just buy and pay for Uk iTunes Store Gift vouchers using my Uk Ebay account . I just hope that the Uk iTunes Store has about the same content as the USA store.

Thanks