90 Day Report (fined 2000 Baht)

I did my first 90 day report yesterday and was fined 2000 Baht for being late, however as I was 14 years late I have no complaints!

Being from the Central region I now have to use Ayuthaya or continue at Soi Suan Plu, As I am familiar with Suan Plu I opted to use that when the change to regional centers was introduced. So I now use room 509 for my Non-Imm O extention and room 507 for 90 reports, after having paid my fine I asked if I could do my next report by post. I was told that I must report in person or authorize another person to do the report for me but that doing the report by post was not an option.

As I don't work and am for all intents and puposes Retired, this is no great problem but I am curious to know if anybody else from the 9 Changwats around Bangkok had a similar problem? Can 90 day reports be done at the Ayuthaya office by post?

:) Nibor

90 day reports always could be done by mail in Bangkok, although they seemed to require you would come in person when you actualy lived in BKK. You living outside BKK should not have any problems with doing your report by mail.

Doing your report by mail is a method that is mentioned in the official rules. Only a few offices seem to have a problem with it.

Those are the old rules.

I have been saying this for some time now, that you need to report in person, but others on this website did not believe me.

Never had a problem in 507 yet, always do my 90days during the 7 days prior or after. Extension is due in November so have to wait out on that one.

I did my first 90 day report yesterday and was fined 2000 Baht for being late, however as I was 14 years late I have no complaints!

If true and I have no reason to believe it is not, I admire your style and audacity.

This is why I have always said that the idiots are us who get into the 90-day reporting system in the first place. People who just ignore it are wise to do so. This guy went through 14 years of visas and countless dealings with immigration, and obviously nobody there cared less whether or not he was reporting.

This is why I have always said that the idiots are us who get into the 90-day reporting system in the first place. People who just ignore it are wise to do so. This guy went through 14 years of visas and countless dealings with immigration, and obviously nobody there cared less whether or not he was reporting.

I think you are on to something there.

I too know people that never report and never seem to have a problem.

Once you step over to the dark side they have you!!!!!!!!!

Being from the Central region I now have to use Ayuthaya or continue at Soi Suan Plu, As I am familiar with Suan Plu I opted to use that when the change to regional centers was introduced. So I now use room 509 for my Non-Imm O extention and room 507 for 90 reports, after having paid my fine I asked if I could do my next report by post. I was told that I must report in person or authorize another person to do the report for me but that doing the report by post was not an option.

As I don't work and am for all intents and puposes Retired, this is no great problem but I am curious to know if anybody else from the 9 Changwats around Bangkok had a similar problem? Can 90 day reports be done at the Ayuthaya office by post?

:D Nibor

Wow!!!...address reporting after 14 years (approx 5113 days with leap years) and only the standard fine of 2000 Baht; maybe the required reporting period was changed to every 5000 days (plus or minus 7 days) but immigration just hasn't updated its website yet...I'm always the last one to find out! :)

While at the Ayutthya Immigration office last month to obtain my Non O-A one year extension, at the very end of the process the officer asked to see my last 90 report receipt. When I said I didn't have it with me, he said we'd need to come back tomorrow with it. Then my wife said she had actually brought it along just in case we needed it, and it was in the car. We retrieved the receipt and the officer was clearly pleased he didn't need to ruin our day. He then attached the receipt to a page in my passport and off we happily went with my extension.

Unfortunately I didn't ask him about sending subsequent reports to the Ayutthya office, but then again he didn't tell me to do so. I think I'll continue to send my 90 day reports to the BKK office since it also services me, unless somebody here on TV recommends otherwise.

Edited by Lopburi99

Beacher and Chiang Mai.

When the usage of regional offices became compulsory I changed from downstairs to room 509 in Suan Plu for my non-imm extension, there they stamped my passport with a reminder that I must do the 90 day report.

If I had continued to use the downstairs office I suspect I would have remained "below the radar", however as I had no wish to push my luck further I reported to room 507 for the 90 day report 90 days after my previous extension expired.

My wife (Thai) complained that nobody in 13 years had mentioned 90 day reporting downstairs. She was told that downstairs they worked on the principle that people must read it for themselves, but that they (downstairs) do not liaise with counter 3 ref 90 day reporting.

So I am now legal after "being on the run" for 14 years, and the moral of my story is "Maintain a low profile".

Beacher and Chiang Mai.

When the usage of regional offices became compulsory I changed from downstairs to room 509 in Suan Plu for my non-imm extension, there they stamped my passport with a reminder that I must do the 90 day report.

If I had continued to use the downstairs office I suspect I would have remained "below the radar", however as I had no wish to push my luck further I reported to room 507 for the 90 day report 90 days after my previous extension expired.

My wife (Thai) complained that nobody in 13 years had mentioned 90 day reporting downstairs. She was told that downstairs they worked on the principle that people must read it for themselves, but that they (downstairs) do not liaise with counter 3 ref 90 day reporting.

So I am now legal after "being on the run" for 14 years, and the moral of my story is "Maintain a low profile".

I would suspect that this is correct. Having been here 19 years I have also never done a 90 day report. Although in fact I have never been technically required to do it because of frequent travel, the 90 day reporting has never even been mentioned. I guess that the only way it could be determined whether or not I had spent more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand would be to manually count the days between arrival & departure stamps which would be a laborious process that I have never noticed being done.

• 2 weeks later...

My current visa was issued in 1990 and so far I have never filed a 90 day report. However, when I went down to Suan Plu for my annual extension yesterday, in addition to giving me the usual thirty day "under consideration" stamp, they also stamped a short notice in my passport which covered re-entry permits and the need to make a 90 day report. This is the first time that my passport has been stamped with this notice. As a result, pleading ignorance is no longer an excuse for me and I will have to start doing the 90 report. :) Hopefully, I will get away with a 2000 Baht fine. Will go down next week and let you know what happens.