Safari World

saintofsilence

Great shots man. How much is the cost and where is it located?

The tiger pic is my favorite. :D

Safari World is at 99 Panyaintra Rd , Samwatawantok, Klongsamwa , Bangkok

About 40 minutes to get there in a taxi from On Nut

Cost is 740 baht for Farang and 450 for Thai well worth it

Saw the signs on my way to Pattaya once and wondered what it was? Good to know for future reference. I don't know if you're aware of this or if it applies with this particular attraction but many attractions here will give farangs the Thai rate if you provide identification of residence like a Thai drivers license for example..

Been to many attractions and just produced the info. and got the Thai rate.. AT the Phuket aquarium a couple of Indians watched us do it and followed suit. You should give them a call first though so they can't pull a fast one on you at the entrance.. :D

I never asked about the price for resident farangs but i will give it a go next time thanks

Yeh, that's what they're counting on..But like I said call first and talk to a higher up so you can correct the cashier when she isn't up to policy specs yet, because....You're the first to ask her since she got the job last week or even 6 years ago.... :):D

"We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

Well here's the crux isn't it? He wasn't in a position to be compassionate to the fly that was mucking up his interview.. Nor was he dis-compassionate either, he killed it instantly after all, it didn't suffer...... :):D While it could be considered pedantic the last time I checked my entomology studies, flies are insects not animals, but that's PETA for you, no distinction and OTT...

Edited by WarpSpeed

"We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

Well here's the crux isn't it? He wasn't in a position to be compassionate to the fly that was mucking up his interview.. Nor was he dis-compassionate either, he killed it instantly after all, it didn't suffer...... :):D While it could be considered pedantic the last time I checked my entomology studies, flies are insects not animals, but that's PETA for you, no distinction and OTT...

I don't think you ever studied entomology.. Insects ARE animals!

Here is the Safari World orang-utans saga from a search on the Nation:

November 23, 2003

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/read.php?newsid=89347

November 22, 2006

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...newsid=30019625

anymore ?

SAINTOFSILENCE

How old are you & what is your nationality?

Back in your box Inspector Cluso

November 23, 2003

November 22, 2006

anymore ?

SAINTOFSILENCE

I'd be more interested to know his level of education, and I bet I would not be surprised.

Patrick

November 23, 2003

November 22, 2006

anymore ?

SAINTOFSILENCE

I'd be more interested to know his level of education, and I bet I would not be surprised.

Patrick

Smart arse comments from judgemental a holes like yours are not called for.

Sorry, but NO they're not, they're insects..Kind of like saying that a Tomato is a vegetable when it's a fruit..

I have a good friend who was central to exposing the orangutan saga at safari world (as well as having a televison show on animal planet) and while i agree wholeheartedly and support and admire what he does, i still take my 3 year old daughter there every chance i get.

I do this for the same reason i frequent siam oceanworld, in fact for the same reason MANY conservationists are in favour of zoos: i may not condone all their activities or exhibits, but i am teaching my child to love and respect animals and nature.

As she gets older i can continue her education by pointing out my issues with the exhibits and the conduct of the exhibitors. My friend is very much in agreement with my attitude in this respect.

that said, i have not taken her to see the orang show, nor do i intend to. feeding the giraffes and parrots though -- pure gold.

I have a good friend who was central to exposing the orangutan saga at safari world (as well as having a televison show on animal planet) and while i agree wholeheartedly and support and admire what he does, i still take my 3 year old daughter there every chance i get.

I do this for the same reason i frequent siam oceanworld, in fact for the same reason MANY conservationists are in favour of zoos: i may not condone all their activities or exhibits, but i am teaching my child to love and respect animals and nature.

As she gets older i can continue her education by pointing out my issues with the exhibits and the conduct of the exhibitors. My friend is very much in agreement with my attitude in this respect.

that said, i have not taken her to see the orang show, nor do i intend to. feeding the giraffes and parrots though -- pure gold.

Ts Conservation is one thing (which i fully support) But exhibitionism is an entirely different thing.

Ts Conservation is one thing (which i fully support) But exhibitionism is an entirely different thing.

Absolutely agree, of course.

Well run Zoos are necessary – and, sadly, will become more so in the future as Habitats disappear, but they will be a major resource for teaching “love and respect for nature”.

Exploitation of animals however - for example dressing them in silly costumes and forcing them to perform un-natural acts - is disgraceful and should not be condoned by any intelligent person. It’s particularly appalling when Adults take impressionable children to such “amusements” thus instilling a lasting, callous, disregard for the animals’ dignity.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Sorry, but NO they're not, they're insects..Kind of like saying that a Tomato is a vegetable when it's a fruit..

LOL.

Insects are animals. Tomatoes are plants.

This is getting a little off topic, But to settle an argument Insects are animals.

All insects are under the Kingdom Animalia.

Insects are a CLASS under the Phylum Arthropoda.

I visited Dusit Zoo in Bangkok this weekend .

Most of the animals seemed healty , but the chained elephants looked like animal cruelty to me.

I took this picture , they are chained behind the tree. They were standing in their own excrements.

452656.jpeg

Save your money and go to Singapore to see how a zoo or birdpark should really be run. Zoos in Thailand are all about putting on shows, conservation & education are non existent.

what do they do different from thai zoos ?

Chalk and cheese.. Singapore zoo (and night safari) keep the animals in a relatively natural environment with more space.

The bird park is good too.

The staff work in better conditions too. You won't see this there:

Save your money and go to Singapore to see how a zoo or birdpark should really be run. Zoos in Thailand are all about putting on shows, conservation & education are non existent.

what do they do different from thai zoos ?

I, a zoo hater because they are animal prisons, have been at the Singapore zoo the whole day, could not get enough and went back with an completely overwhelmed warm feeling.

Check out the webpage:

http://www.zoo.com.sg/

Here you go SoS, maybe you won't sing the praises of Safari World when you have a little background info on the type of people who run SW & what they are involved in...

Check out the sleazebag trader in the interview nr the end of the clip...

Aussie documentary.

Enjoy. :)