Thaksin Cancels Birthday Party In Dubai

webfact

Thaksin cancels birthday party in Dubai

By The Nation

Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has cancelled his birthday party due to business engagement and urged his well wishers not to travel to attend the party in Dubai, his legal adviser Noppadon Patama said on Friday.

Thaksin previously scheduled his party on July 26 and several Pheu Thai MPs were interested in taking the trip to meet him.

Noppadon said Thaksin will take the business trip out of Dubai and that he doubted whether Thaksin's family members have any plans for travelling to meet him at this juncture.

In regard to remarks by Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya on bringing back Thaksin, the legal adviser said other countries, including Malaysia, Montenegro and United Arab Emirates, viewed the Thaksin extradition case as the Thai internal affairs.

None of the countries would want to get involved in the domestic politics and Thai authorities should not try to raise the stakes into a state-to-state issue, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/17

Diplomacy has seemingly been brought into the scenario from my take on the situation.

When the P.Thai MP,s announce they are to travel to Dudia for the party / celebrations you would have heard the warning bells ringing many miles away, not only in the country this Fugitive on the run has chosen to use as his base.

I wonder where they will go now then as they follow Thaksin on his Planned busines trip ???

Had the powers that be in Dubia sanctioned this much heralded birthday party it would not have made good reading for them.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Diplomacy has seemingly been brought into the scenario from my take on the situation.

When the P.Thai MP,s announce they are to travel to Dudia for the party / celebrations you would have heard the warning bells ringing many miles away, not only in the country this Fugitive on the run has chosen to use as his base.

I wonder where they will go now then as they follow Thaksin on his Planned busines trip ???

Had the powers that be in Dubia sanctioned this much heralded birthday party it would not have made good reading for them.

marshbags

They found out it would have to be a dry party and will  move it to someplace they can get really pissed a true Thai custom.  Just because he is   i.e. wanted   does not mean hes not going to party hard.  :)

cheers

^ Marshbags - Or, as Hammered has mentioned, it could just be another PR stunt to keep his name being mentioned in the press. Why use his (slimy, perpetually lying rag of a) lawyer when he may be able to spread the word in private?

As much as I disagree with media censorship and blackouts, I don't think it would bother too many people if coverage of his activities had the volume turned down.

^ Marshbags - Or, as Hammered has mentioned, it could just be another PR stunt to keep his name being mentioned in the press. Why use his (slimy, perpetually lying rag of a) lawyer when he may be able to spread the word in private?

As much as I disagree with media censorship and blackouts, I don't think it would bother too many people if coverage of his activities had the volume turned down.

Agreed 100% Insight.

I thought you were a little to kind re your references to his supposed lawyer and qualified advisor of the law ( what a joke that is )

We all know what many of these so called professionals really represent and it aint following the law, rather the opposite and how to abuse it.

We can, i,m loathe to say, expect coverage suitable to Thaksin and his unprincipled publicity machines either during or after the 26th to keep him in the public domain :D and predictably :)

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Yes the host country would not have been happy.

Some press coverage would have made it hard for them NOT to make a detention.

And this would have been a public spectacle on their turf,

what with all the hoey paloey coming to visit

And leading them RIGHT to his door.

Oops time for a road trip.

Planned, 20 minutes before he left.

I personally don't think there are enough Taksin stories. Could we please be updated every time he goes to the toilet? Posters here will have a ball of a time getting to roll out their toilet jokes involving....Taksin. It will be a hoot.

Thaksin Report 45

12:40, Stool malleable, dark umber, on regular cycle, no particulates.

Suggest more humus tomorrow less tandori.

I am sure that will change after the party.  Did anyone locate the menu yet we need to know these things.

marshbags

Well if he is a Politian he is not a good one. He just can't stay out of controversy till his situation is fixed. Just like a spoiled child

I personally don't think there are enough Taksin stories. Could we please be updated every time he goes to the toilet? Posters here will have a ball of a time getting to roll out their toilet jokes involving....Taksin. It will be a hoot.

Be careful. You're talking about the future President of Thailand here. :)

marshbags

They found out it would have to be a dry party and will move it to someplace they can get really pissed a true Thai custom. Just because he is i.e. wanted does not mean hes not going to party hard. :)

cheers

hehe sorry dubai isnt dry plenty of booze albeit expensive as hel_l, plenty of.. ladies as well from many nationalities ..dubia doesnt discriminate :D

Be careful. You're talking about the future President of Thailand here. :D

The future president of Thailand?

Hmmm., last time I looked it was a constitutional monarchy. :)

( I realize your tongue was firmly in your cheek)

Agreed 100% Insight.

I thought you were a little to kind re your references to his supposed lawyer and qualified advisor of the law ( what a joke that is )

We all know what many of these so called professionals really represent and it aint following the law, rather the opposite and how to abuse it.

We can, i,m loathe to say, expect coverage suitable to Thaksin and his unprincipled publicity machines either during or after the 26th to keep him in the public domain :D and predictably :)

marshbags :D

Well said, this guy is on the run so you cannot expect newspress to be accurate.

Hmmm., last time I looked it was a constitutional monarchy. :)

Planning to usurp the monarchy is one of the charges his enemies have levelled against him. Two of the complaints are the personality cult (remember the massive posters of him plastered about the country?) and behaving in Wat Phra Kaew as though he were the king.

Hmmm., last time I looked it was a constitutional monarchy. :D

Planning to usurp the monarchy is one of the charges his enemies have levelled against him. Two of the complaints are the personality cult (remember the massive posters of him plastered about the country?) and behaving in Wat Phra Kaew as though he were the king.

More than that.

I can also remember people waving small flags to greet him and also Thaksin signing his signature on legal Thai Bank notes for those 'signature seekers' :)

His square face is just too small to wear such big hat! :D

Wonder if he is really that busy with 'business meetings' to miss his grand 60th birthday. The next cycle might not come to past!

marshbags

Well many of his followers (read PT members / visible lawyers / m2c / CM 51 red shirst / corrupt and over promoted soldiers and police, etc) are very gullible and mostly very ill-informed, probably believe the world is flat, therefore don't stray too far away from home or you might fall off.