Cat

Came home today and found a calico kitten meowing non stop on my front porch.

I'm a life long dog person and know squat 'bout felines.

This cat/kitten ( I assume, not a baby, but not appearing full adult yet ) came out from under the table and came up and started that cat thing on my legs with reckless abandon, trying to rub on me thangy, tried to nicely shoot it away, but it kept up this bizarre behavior.

Meowing non-stop. All over my legs, not violent, just wouldn't stop.

I grabbed some small kibble dog food and spread some out. The thing went at it like it was starved. Ate it all up, still meowing. Then came at me again, trying to rub, that cat thing, all over me arching it's back and meowing.

After a period of time, after I had locked myself in the house with the cat still meowing like it was starving for attention and or is really ting tong, it disappeared.

Low and behold around 2200 it's back. Saw me through the window and has climbed it's way onto the screen..like a Garfield cartoon thing.

I finally got it off the screen and right now it's at the window meowing..

Don't want to hurt it at all, tried to scare it off, but it's not afraid, even when I sprayed it with water.

Just keeps coming after me..and I'm not good looking enough.

<deleted>!!

Stephen King's Kat is at my house right now.

I'm serious... any ideas from you kat folk out there..is it nutz, sick, possessed?

What is wrong with this thing and how do I get rid of it? ( without hurting it )

There is another grown cat ( neighbors ) out here now looking at him up on the screen all streched out and the weirdo is not in the least bit interested in it, just me.

It's freaky..

Sounds like shes in heat. They go absolutely nutty at this time. She needs to either be neutured or find a Tom. You would be surprised how fast a young cat comes into heat. The best thing for her to be honest is neutering, particularly if she is a stray.

Im not saying you should do that, im just saying that that would be the best thing.

OK, so pick a name and stop by the pet shop for some food tomorrow. That's how I got my cat too.

Yeah I'm afraid once you feed it it will keep coming back. That is also how I got mine. A neutering only costs a couple hundred baht, and some places do it for free.

OK, so pick a name and stop by the pet shop for some food tomorrow. That's how I got my cat too.

Yeah I'm afraid once you feed it it will keep coming back. That is also how I got mine. A neutering only costs a couple hundred baht, and some places do it for free.

Scubabuddha - Who Spays Cats for Free in Thailand - are you sure ?? I have taken about 10 cats spayed in the past and would love to know where it is free. The last time I took one a few months ago, it was 450 bt for Female, A Male is a bit cheaper coz its a smaller operation....

gpdjohn - The pussy fancies you, so take it as a compliment, :) I am sure she is on heat and it will wear off in a couple of days......

Send it to me and I'll feed it to my pet croc. I've pretty much cleaned out the neighbourhood of stray cats and do

Ian_sitting_on_croc.jpg

Nice pic Ian,crocodile and snow he he,have you got by chance any wild bears you can lend me,you know,those nasty soi dogs.. :)

Scubabuddha - Who Spays Cats for Free in Thailand - are you sure ?? I have taken about 10 cats spayed in the past and would love to know where it is free. The last time I took one a few months ago, it was 450 bt for Female, A Male is a bit cheaper coz its a smaller operation....

In Phuket there is two. One is PAWS. They spay neuter strays for free. I know they will even come pick them up soi dogs if you send them pictures of them. They do ask for a "donation" so I guess it's not really free. Not sure about anywhere else.

http://phuket-animal-welfare.com/

gpdjohn.

calm down and stop worrying.

ill send these four heavies from the chiang mai cat mafia to help you out and when theyve done their stuff you can keep all four of them

problem solved and you have four happy cats : )

enjoy pics ..... dave2

Thanks everyone.

Woke up this morning and it's still here.

I guess I'm a cat person for alittle while. At least I understand what's going on and it's not insane and or sick...well, if it's interested in me, it is sick.

A cat that is showing that sort of behaviour is being friendly or, as eek says, is on heat.

A lot depends on the sound the cat is making.

A gentle meow and the rubbing of itself on your legs is the cat wanting to be friendly.

A deeper, more growling howl - the sort you hear during the night that keeps you awake - and the cat is on heat.

Very independent animals as a rule, they do like to have their chin and the cheeks of their face rubbed and cats can be very affectionate creatures. Maybe that is the case, but depends a lot on the meowing it is making.

When you pet her if she lifts her bottom in the air and wiggles it then you have confirmation that she is absolutely on heat! Female cats on heats antics are really peculiar which involves a lot of attention grabbing such as the things you mentioned and long drawn out meows (often not that pleasant on the ears). One thing to watch out for is that often they like to get petted, but can suddenly lash out. Just be a bit careful at this time. Again its normal mating behaviour so dont worry. I do feel really sorry for them when i see that behaviour though. Its like nothing can satisfy them and they seem in constant anguish. If you can get her spayed that would be great. Anyway..enjoyed your OP, was very funny to read.

---

Thats one cute cat posse Dave2 :)

When you pet her if she lifts her bottom in the air and wiggles it then you have confirmation that she is absolutely on heat! Female cats on heats antics are really peculiar which involves a lot of attention grabbing such as the things you mentioned and long drawn out meows (often not that pleasant on the ears). One thing to watch out for is that often they like to get petted, but can suddenly lash out. Just be a bit careful at this time. Again its normal mating behaviour so dont worry. I do feel really sorry for them when i see that behaviour though. Its like nothing can satisfy them and they seem in constant anguish. If you can get her spayed that would be great. Anyway..enjoyed your OP, was very funny to read.

---

Thats one cute cat posse Dave2 :D

this is one of the reasons I call eek, the naughty cat :)

Anyone else get a certian song running through their head after reading this?

...... and the very next day the cat came back...

only an ozzie would know what ur talking about.

here it is, make sure you turn up the speakers:

Edited by neverdie

That cat is not in heat. If it was in heat there would be tomcats fighting over her. Tomcats can smell a female in heat at least a kilometer away. Someone dumped the poor thing out and it craves attention and food. Just adopt her and get her spayed. You will enjoy the company.

Well, it's not the deep meow like described, so it must just want/need a friend.

I have fed it ( dog chow, it likes it ) provided refreshing drink ( milk/water in a small bowl ) and now it's sleeping on my bench outside.

I have petted it and tried to reassure it that it would be safe and I will not harm it.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions. I and the cat feel much better.

That cat is not in heat. If it was in heat there would be tomcats fighting over her. Tomcats can smell a female in heat at least a kilometer away. Someone dumped the poor thing out and it craves attention and food. Just adopt her and get her spayed. You will enjoy the company.

OR, You could kill it and cook it. :)

So apparently cats in heat speak in a strange high pitch voice. Hmmm..didn't know that. :D

:) Yeh..kinda wondered about that part myself!

-------

gpdjohn, thats a really nice thing you have done. :D

Just one small thing worth mentioning though, is that although dog food is of course better than nothing, if the kitty is going to be a permanent resident then a cat formula will provide her with the proper nutrients (which are missing from the dog food).

Well, it's not the deep meow like described, so it must just want/need a friend.

I have fed it ( dog chow, it likes it ) provided refreshing drink ( milk/water in a small bowl ) and now it's sleeping on my bench outside.

I have petted it and tried to reassure it that it would be safe and I will not harm it.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions. I and the cat feel much better.

Please do not give a cat milk to drink. It is bad for them. Water is fine :D

A common misconception to give a cat milk to drink :D

Maybe you might have a new companion. In the cat world it would seem the cat has adopted you :)

Best of to you and your new pussy.

Doesn't sound like it's on heat.

Sounds like it is after food and attention.

Don't feed it milk by the way. Cats are lactose intolerant.

Water is suffice.

Get it sprayed if you can. You won't want kittens around the place in a few months.

See, I'm learning..was just about to give it some more milk, then I read this again.

( Dog boy here, thought you always gave kitty milk..)

I know dog food is not for it, only thing I've got until tomorrow.

It still meows all the time, follows me everywhere.

I have resorted to petting it on the face and cheeks, held it to see it it would attempt to kill me, but really wants to rub against my feet.

I really do not want a cat, but will care for it since it must be my karma that it found me.

The neighbor cat ( unknown if male or female ) was over again this afternoon and sat a few meters away and just looked at it. The kitten stared back, then again returned to my feet.

Again, thanks for all the pointers and suggestions.

( at least so far today it's not doing the hanging on the window screen like last night )

post-46099-1247915780_thumb.jpg

See, I'm learning..was just about to give it some more milk, then I read this again.

( Dog boy here, thought you always gave kitty milk..)

I know dog food is not for it, only thing I've got until tomorrow.

It still meows all the time, follows me everywhere.

I have resorted to petting it on the face and cheeks, held it to see it it would attempt to kill me, but really wants to rub against my feet.

I really do not want a cat, but will care for it since it must be my karma that it found me.

The neighbor cat ( unknown if male or female ) was over again this afternoon and sat a few meters away and just looked at it. The kitten stared back, then again returned to my feet.

Again, thanks for all the pointers and suggestions.

( at least so far today it's not doing the hanging on the window screen like last night )

Had to laugh at that photo. Brilliant.

Cats are very territorial. Maybe the neighbour's cat is here to pee on your land to warn the kitten it has some serious competition :D

Now you are the boss cat until the kitten grows a bit. Pee back at the other cat :)