Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Urgent-accident--need Best Front End Bike Shop In Cm

It happens.....shiite happens!! I got run off the road late one night last week and got into the shoulder grass/dirt and down I went :D .

If you looked at the bike you'd think I must be dead. Look at me and you'd think the bike MAYBE had only minor damage. Truth be told, I'm fine, thank you, only a few minor road rashes and a badly bruised left hand :) .

The bike? The Front End, Forks (top and bottom either bent or shattered) and Triple-T lowers bent and are beyond repair as far as I can tell :D . Hopefully the HEAD END where the Triple-T in installed is not deformed beyond use or the frame bent. It's a Honda Gl400, heavy, steel frame and solid as a rock.

So....Here's the question: What bike shop in Chiang Mai would you recommend as the best equiped to diagnose and repair this beast, if possible.

I'd post a picture but WEB access (maxnet Premier) sucks, sucks sucks, even at this hour (4:50am).

Thanks......

bad luck but glad to hear you are ok.

dont know much about busted hondas but i would be tempted to take a trip down to the place on mahidol (1141) just after the toyota place going towards the moat from the airport mall. ask around there and see what they say

There is a shop that makes choppers on Chang Phuak soi 4.

He fixed the frame and straightened the swing arm on my little dirt bike, and did a good job. How he is for your problem, I don't know, but he did do a good job for me...

Going north on Chang Phuak from the moat, turn left at the first lights (just at the small bus station there, which is on the left).

About 500 meters up on the left (south side) is the shop - just on the corner of a little soi.

It is not as far as the shop (also on the south side) that has all the old scooters and Challys... The scooter shop is just across from the road that goes up to the old Simon Cabaret and to the new Tops.

So, again, on the south side of soi 4, between Chang Phuak and the north turn-off to Simon, Tops, and Novotel.

You will see a variety of choppers on the street. The guy is really nice and not too expensive. Speaks minimal english...

He straightened my swing arm, extended it 6cm!, and fixed a crack on the frame for 1,000bt.

AND, on the north side, just across from the chopper shop is a good all-round welding shop - nice guy - speaks english ok, and very reasonable. The boss is the one who recommended going to the chopper shop to straighten my bike. As he said, 'the guy does build bikes, after all!"

I hope this helps...