Best Breakfast In Pattaya To Be Had Where?

jingjingna

Would you care to comment upon the quality of the 'pork sausage' which was included in your 'Big Irish Breakfast' yesterday?

It was good but not outstanding.

As I'm not a regular eater of pork sausage then I don't know how it compares to other places.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

:)

Outstanding prices too.

I wonder which bright spark thought of charging a 20 baht premium to TAKE AWAY a pie?

You'd think it would be cheaper not using the facilities of the restaurant.

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

Outstanding prices too.

I wonder which bright spark thought of charging a 20 baht premium to TAKE AWAY a pie?

I think perhaps many restaurants rely on the drinks they sell with the food to make up their earning. By taking the food out you don't buy drinks at restaurant prices...

Outstanding prices too.

I think perhaps many restaurants rely on the drinks they sell with the food to make up their earning. By taking the food out you don't buy drinks at restaurant prices...

.... and that comment is borne out by the drinks prices at Greg's Kitchen.

Outstanding prices too.

I avoid Greg's kitchen now. For some reason it's gone down the pan.

I noticed that Greg's sausage quality deteriorated and that set alarm bells ringing.

Far better to cross the road and go to Soi 6 & 1/2 and get a breakfast at the Royal British Legion: (Crazy Bert's). Bert's sausage is always on form, a generous size, crispy and with a real English 'porkiness' which is sadly missing at other restaurant breakfasts.

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?

Lek Hotel second Road full works help yourself buffet 95bht. By the Pool.

A legend in Pattaya.

u get what u pay for and it really is a pile of rubbish the breakfast at the Lek, cold and greasy, with them horrible cheap thai sausages with streaky over cooked cold bacon absolutely disgusting, but great if u just want to fill urself up and dont care about quality

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?

Lek Hotel second Road full works help yourself buffet 95bht. By the Pool.

A legend in Pattaya.

u get what u pay for and it really is a pile of rubbish the breakfast at the Lek, cold and greasy, with them horrible cheap thai sausages with streaky over cooked cold bacon absolutely disgusting, but great if u just want to fill urself up and dont care about quality

I agree with you about the bacon and those cheap sausages at the Lek but most of the offerings on the serving line are, if not gormet, at least pretty good. Well worth the 110 bhat charge. The Apex has a similar offering and, at least I think, a bit better selection at the Diana, for the same price. All three places also offer a dinner buffet for B 180 which is also pretty good but you ever demanding gormets best go elsewhere if you're looking for top quality.

Outstanding prices too.

I noticed that Greg's sausage quality deteriorated and that set alarm bells ringing.

Far better to cross the road and go to Soi 6 & 1/2 and get a breakfast at the Royal British Legion: (Crazy Bert's). Bert's sausage is always on form, a generous size, crispy and with a real English 'porkiness' which is sadly missing at other restaurant breakfasts.

Methinks you mean Tropical Bert's. Went there today for breakfast. Nice quiet environment & choice of good quality American or English breakfasts.

Jimmy Mack's Soi 6

Good Bacon, good banger & good cuppa splodge!

Then, straight into the King Kong Bar to curl one out.

Happy days.

Used it when staying at the Carlton on my early visits to Pattaya 18 years ago. Glad to hear it's still going strong!

I've tried the "'full english"' everywhere and nothing beats the Caddy Shack for good quality value for money.The 130 baht brekkie is great.I've done all the rest,Yorkies - over priced <deleted>,Pig & Whistle gone down hill,Sportsman gone down hill,Shennanigans not a patch on Caddy Shack.Nicky's is pretty good but not the best.Tara Court actually very good and not a bad price at abt 165 baht,infact probably second best with Nicky's 3rd.

If anyone can tell me which place beats the Caddy Shack Iam all ears.

EPG.

Where is the Caddy Shack?

Outstanding prices too.

Methinks you mean Tropical Bert's. Went there today for breakfast. Nice quiet environment & choice of good quality American or English breakfasts.

Thanks Royboy for correcting things, Crazy Bert's!! next thing you will want me to drop the price to 95 Baht with a Happy Hour all day! Syd Barrett you owe me a pint !. However thanks for your comments, sausages or consistant good ones are an ongoing problem, at present we get ours from AKA Soi Town in Town.

I've tried the "'full english"' everywhere and nothing beats the Caddy Shack for good quality value for money.The 130 baht brekkie is great.I've done all the rest,Yorkies - over priced <deleted>,Pig & Whistle gone down hill,Sportsman gone down hill,Shennanigans not a patch on Caddy Shack.Nicky's is pretty good but not the best.Tara Court actually very good and not a bad price at abt 165 baht,infact probably second best with Nicky's 3rd.

EPG.

Go past Pattaya Tai along Pattaya 3rd Road, then turn down Soi 17 and keep going and you will eventually come to it.

the quality of sausages in england is shocking can't believe there are any complaints about thai quality, maybe not enough fat and gristle? i think a change for the good would be to get one of those spicy sausages put on you get of the street carts, i'd pay more for my brekky if it had one of those bables on.

EPG.

By the Eden Hotel Complex on Soi 17 - headding towards Thepprasit. On the fringes of Suksabai Villa - check out their web-site.

(I'm writing this from there now).

the quality of sausages in england is shocking can't believe there are any complaints about thai quality, maybe not enough fat and gristle? i think a change for the good would be to get one of those spicy sausages put on you get of the street carts, i'd pay more for my brekky if it had one of those bables on.

I think that you are generalising there a bit, 'BusyBee123'.

In England there are bad sausages;agreed. However there are an abundance of quality sausages available for purchase in most retail outlets, for a price.

For example: Marks & Spencer do a cheap sausage, but they also offer a quality sausage at 80%+ meat.

Gristle & Fat you might well have experienced in your English home town, but persevere and locate a Master-Butcher with a sound reputation and you will be rewarded with mouth-watering quality sausage.

I agree with you about the bacon and those cheap sausages at the Lek but most of the offerings on the serving line are, if not gormet, at least pretty good. Well worth the 110 bhat charge. The Apex has a similar offering and, at least I think, a bit better selection at the Diana, for the same price. All three places also offer a dinner buffet for B 180 which is also pretty good but you ever demanding gormets best go elsewhere if you're looking for top quality.

Do you consider those buffets at lek and apex as food?

I always thought they were the leftover from Tony's dog shelter.

Do you consider those buffets at lek and apex as food?

I always thought they were the leftover from Tony's dog shelter.

The buffet at Diana is better than at Lek but still, I always get sick after eating at it.

EPG.

Agreed. Like many others I've tried them all looking for perhaps even better? Always go back to the 'Caddyshack'.

EPG.

Agreed. Like many others I've tried them all looking for perhaps even better? Always go back to the 'Caddyshack'.

I would be very interested to know why you both consider that the 'Caddy Shack' is your first choice of breakfast in Pattaya.

Could you provide a more detailed critical report; commenting on the various vital components of a typical Caddy Shack English breakfast:

For example; bacon, sausage, baked beans, quality of bread used for toast, etc. etc.

• 6 months later...

EPG.

I would be very interested to know why you both consider that the 'Caddy Shack' is your first choice of breakfast in Pattaya.

Could you provide a more detailed critical report; commenting on the various vital components of a typical Caddy Shack English breakfast:

For example; bacon, sausage, baked beans, quality of bread used for toast, etc. etc.

Blimey!! Do I look like the AA Star Guide to good cuisine?

Just go and try it. Large breakfast, always cooked to order and served hot along with good coffee etc.

The girls all speak good English.

Caddy Shack is consistantly good, so good in fact that we have given up even bothering with anywhere else. Thai food is also very good so Mrs Rimmer happy whilst Mr Rimmer eats full English breakfast.

Caddy Shack is consistantly good, so good in fact that we have given up even bothering with anywhere else. Thai food is also very good so Mrs Rimmer happy whilst Mr Rimmer eats full English breakfast.

I agree, the Caddy Shack is a great breakfast in Pattaya, but its location is a bit out the way.

• 4 weeks later...

The other day I visited a dental clinic in Jomtien and found I had parked next to a small sign saying "English Breakfast". I thought "why not" so gave it a try. It was a beer bar called "Baan Jomtien" which is in Theppraya. From the beach corner going away from the beach, under the arch and its on the left.

Absolutely superb. Especially good sausages and includes baked beans. Unlimited coffee and orange juice, full English, 110 Baht. This must be the best kept breakfast secret in Pattaya!