Best Breakfast In Pattaya To Be Had Where?

jingjingna

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

:o

I used to go to Gregs quite often but then something happened to the sausages they tasted awful so now I would reccommend Baywatch, which is located towards the bottom of Beach road....a lovely place where the food is excellent (real pork sausages), a good menu with plenty of variety including Thai food and some old Western favourites such as apple pie at very reasonable prices and you have a magnificent view of the sea....oh! and I nearly forgot to mention you get service with a smile. :D

Sounds OK...but tell us some prices too :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg's Kitchen 2nd Road ooposte Soi 6 ( nearly ) , an outstanding Breaking of Fast.

:o

I used to go to Gregs quite often but then something happened to the sausages they tasted awful so now I would reccommend Baywatch, which is located towards the bottom of Beach road....a lovely place where the food is excellent (real pork sausages), a good menu with plenty of variety including Thai food and some old Western favourites such as apple pie at very reasonable prices and you have a magnificent view of the sea....oh! and I nearly forgot to mention you get service with a smile. :D

Sounds OK...but tell us some prices too :D

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?

:D

Lek Hotel second Road full works help yourself buffet 95bht. By the Pool.

A legend in Pattaya.

did you saw the reviews from tripadvisor re. this hotel and breakfast there?! :o i really dont think is so "nice" like you say here...

Molly Malones Walking ST ,excellent full breakfast at 99 baht ,with tea or coffie incl .Also current daily UK and Irish newspapers to read .

Thanks for the feedback Thaifan2. I will give this place a go. Normally Walking Street is so quiet early morning, what time does MM serve breakfast? Cheers!

Tropical Berts.... soi 6 & 2nd road... well soi 6/1 to be accurate, but the breakfast is dam_n good and a good price. I might be biased, I do tend to eat at Bert's about 6 times a week :o

I can't speak to the fry bread as I'm not a fan of it in general, but they have it there and the bacon and sausage are not the typical S&P ham and hotdog... like almost proper. comes with a pot of tea, or coffee if that is your thing.

Tropical Berts.... soi 6 & 2nd road... well soi 6/1 to be accurate, but the breakfast is dam_n good and a good price. I might be biased, I do tend to eat at Bert's about 6 times a week :o

I can't speak to the fry bread as I'm not a fan of it in general, but they have it there and the bacon and sausage are not the typical S&P ham and hotdog... like almost proper. comes with a pot of tea, or coffee if that is your thing.

Thanks for the heads-up on Tropical Bert's. This is also the Royal British Legion...Right? I'll give this place a go tomorrow and report back. Cheers!

I had an excellent breakfast today at 'The Nags Head' on Pattaya 2nd Road. Has anyone else tried this place?

It is almost opposite the Royal Garden Mall except more diagonally positioned almost next to Ruen Thai restaurant.

Recommended!

Chesters, on the darkside is always a good breakfast with great sausage

The main thread seems to be places around Second Rd and Soi 7/8 etc. but if you stay near WS , one of the best and biggest breakfast is Secrets Hotel/Club soi 14 , all there food is recommended

Is this Stickman? All I ever see is people bigging up Secrets and I don't know why.. I went there once and got ripped off for drinks and told to pay, rather aggresively..

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds OK...but tell us some prices too :)

Can I second that suggestion? This thread is a very interesting read for (very) occassional visitors to Pattaya like the CB family .... but please include details of prices with your post.

One Thaivisa member's "great value" meal can be ten times what another would/could pay for the same thing. Just a rough indication is helpful.

Cheers

- CB

Sounds OK...but tell us some prices too :)

Can I second that suggestion? This thread is a very interesting read for (very) occassional visitors to Pattaya like the CB family .... but please include details of prices with your post.

One Thaivisa member's "great value" meal can be ten times what another would/could pay for the same thing. Just a rough indication is helpful.

Cheers

- CB

The cost of an 'English Breakfast' in Pattaya & Jomtien is between 45 baht and 190 Baht.

The cheap places are 'Kiss' 'Stone Oven' and 'Nobby's Bar' and 'The Last Resort'.

The medium places are 'Small Wonder' 'Nags Head' 'Papa Docs' and APEX etc.

The top end are the 'Irish' bars and 'Banana Bungalows'and 'Greasy Lek & Joe's'.

Edited by syd barrett

^^^ What's with resurrecting an almost 4-year old thread as yet ANOTHER 'Where is the best breakfast' pissing contest?

Must be really, really, REALLY quiet in Pattaya, eh?

Nothing wrong with reviving an old thread. Things change over time & it's good to get an update on the situation sometimes. If you don't like the subject, don't read the post!

I don't venture out to Pattaya very often, but every now and then I do get the urge for a proper full English breakfast. This was the case on Sunday and I decided on going to Shenanigans for an Irish breakfast for the grand sum of Baht 150. Value wise I can't complain, two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, two Irish herb sausages, toms and baked beans, two slices of toast with butter/jam and a coffee. (HP sauce too!)

Got me thinking, is there anywhere else that serves up a better Breakfast around the Beach Road area?

:)

Do any of thee recommended places have museli on the menu? I need my fibre fix as well as the Full English!

I've tried the "'full english"' everywhere and nothing beats the Caddy Shack for good quality value for money.The 130 baht brekkie is great.I've done all the rest,Yorkies - over priced <deleted>,Pig & Whistle gone down hill,Sportsman gone down hill,Shennanigans not a patch on Caddy Shack.Nicky's is pretty good but not the best.Tara Court actually very good and not a bad price at abt 165 baht,infact probably second best with Nicky's 3rd.

If anyone can tell me which place beats the Caddy Shack Iam all ears.

EPG.

I think for the price, B 110, you cant beat the buffet breakfast at the Apex, Diana or Lek hotels. All located in the same area on second road not far from The Avenue shopping mall.

I think for the price, B 110, you cant beat the buffet breakfast at the Apex, Diana or Lek hotels.

I agree, for the price, considering you can eat about 5,000-6,000 calories for 110 THB. But at the end of the day some integral parts of the typical English breakfast are missing: Baked beans, Black Puddings, Baked Beans, HP Sauce, Grilled Kidney, English open-cap mushrooms etc. etc.

.....at the end of the day some integral parts of the typical English breakfast are missing: Baked beans, Black Puddings, Baked Beans, HP Sauce, Grilled Kidney, English open-cap mushrooms etc. etc.

YUK !!!! :D

Do Poms really eat that crap ????

No wonder women hating kissing you people. :)

Had the big Irish Breakfast at Jameson's yesterday.

Gammon Bacon

Scrambles eggs on fried bread

Grilled tomatoes

Black Pudding

Potatoes gratin

Pork sausage

HP Sauce

Toast and marmalde

Coffee

Orange Juice

A stuffing good breakfast and only 150 Baht.

Had the big Irish Breakfast at Jameson's yesterday.

Gammon Bacon

Scrambles eggs on fried bread

Grilled tomatoes

Black Pudding

Potatoes gratin

Pork sausage

HP Sauce

Toast and marmalde

Coffee

Orange Juice

A stuffing good breakfast and only 150 Baht.

Would you care to comment upon the quality of the 'pork sausage' which was included in your 'Big Irish Breakfast' yesterday?

Mcdonalds breakfast menu from 5 to 11am :)

Do any restaurant's have on their menu SOS[shit on a shingle] Also, do any markets have chipped beef? :D

Well ... sort of.

MoonShine Place on Soi 4 serves creamed beef on toast but the beef is ground beef, not the kind of beef Americans would expect in creamed chipped beef, namely the chipped beef.

This place is run by an American who also offers Tex-Mex food and some southern cooking specialties such as chicken and dumplings.

I haven't tried this place but some posters have said good things about it over the years. The times I have sniffed on by there are never any customers and that doesn't encourage me.

Edited by Jingthing

Mcdonalds breakfast menu from 5 to 11am :)

Do any restaurant's have on their menu SOS[shit on a shingle] Also, do any markets have chipped beef? :D

Well ... sort of.

MoonShine Place on Soi 4 serves creamed beef on toast but the beef is ground beef, not the kind of beef Americans would expect in creamed chipped beef, namely the chipped beef.

This place is run by an American who also offers Tex-Mex food and some southern cooking specialties such as chicken and dumplings.

I haven't tried this place but some posters have said good things about it over the years. The times I have sniffed on by there are never any customers and that doesn't encourage me.

That's soi 4 on Jomtien right?

I used to pop on down there at breakfast for their waffles which were

the real deal.Unfotunately real maple syrup is something

no restaurant will do as it would raise the price considerably.

But what they had seemed better than the average.

Though it was good, I thought it was bit cheap(and strange) that coffee was not

included in the breakfast special which already was around 100 baht.

Yes, not that many customers,