Hotel In Chiang Mai

Spaniel

We (me/thai wife and 19 y/o son) will be in CM next week for a few days and searching for a reasonablbly priced hotel either in the city or nearby. We will be driving so wherever we stay will require a place that has parking. I'll do a internet search but thought I'd also ask here for some suggestions. Thanks for any replies.

for a pretty central location with parking i would go for the royal lanna or the centara duangtawan in the 1000 to 2000 baght per night range. many sites have them including www.jollythai.com

Edited by alant

There are so many possibilities that you need to be more specific about location, facilities required and what you consider "reasonably priced". Many places are hurting now and have temp. signs out the front with discount prices - especially those on the fringes a bit and away from the main tourist areas

Hi Spaniel,

For hotels inside the central moat (the old part of the city, and, probably, the nicest area), the following hotels are nice:

Eurana Boutique Hotel

Elliebum Guesthouse

Baan Klang Vieng

Sawasdee Chiangmai House

Minicost Apartment and Guesthouse

These are all between about 1,000 and 2,000 baht per night.

Still inside the moat but much more expensive, is a nice place on a really quiet area:

Baan Klang Wiang

.....Tamarind Village and De Naga look nice too.....

You can find info on these hotels, including photos, how much, address, map and contact details at the following page:

www.thailand-travel-help.com/hotels-in-chiang-mai.html

There are also more hotels and guesthouses that you can find info and photos about by heading to:

www.thailand-travel-help.com/chiang-mai-thailand.html

Have a nice time while there :)

We (me/thai wife and 19 y/o son) will be in CM next week for a few days and searching for a reasonablbly priced hotel either in the city or nearby. We will be driving so wherever we stay will require a place that has parking. I'll do a internet search but thought I'd also ask here for some suggestions. Thanks for any replies.

I always use www.agoda.com Its swift, clear and efficient. and booking direct with the hotel may even be more expensive.

I agree that Centara Duangtawan is very good value for money. At the moment a "Superior" double room with breakfast is 1441 baht (one night) including all taxes and charges.The breakfast is a quite a good buffet ; big selection and worth having.

The Amari Rincome is also well placed but a somewhat higher cost at 1853 baht (one night). When booking do be careful of the "taxes and charges" bit : They add over 20% to the basic prices shown. At the Amari you'd have to be insane to be tempted to use the room mini bar. Their prices are astranomical.A small chocolate bar 128 baht- that's £2.33,a small tin of diet coke 86 baht-thats £1.56.

Edited by Asmerom

for a pretty central location with parking i would go for the royal lanna or the centara duangtawan in the 1000 to 2000 baght per night range. many sites have them including www.jollythai.com

Cant beat the Dun 2 wan for price,location and friendly staff....(some live near us in Mae-On)

They also have a good secure car park which they let us use even if we are not "in residence" and I believe the nightclub is pretty good but never actully managed to stay awake long enough to try...maybe next time..... :)

I used to stay at the Chiang Mai gate before I started staying for longer periods. It is reasonably priced at about 800 to 1000 baht per night for a room. And that includes a buffet breakfast that should last you most of the day. The hotel has a pool and rooms are clean. Not noisy either. It is about two blocks outside the Chiang Mai gate and within easy walking distance of most things.

I used to stay at the Chiang Mai gate before I started staying for longer periods. It is reasonably priced at about 800 to 1000 baht per night for a room.

This is one of the places with a discount sign out the front now - I think it's down to about 600bt (?)

We always stay at the Montri Hotel (http://www.montrihotel.com/en/index.php), which has super location just inside Thapae Gate, walking distance to pretty much everything. The staff is friendly and professional (and long term - most of them have been there since we started visiting CM regularly in 2004). Currently 799 for a double including good breakfast. The rooms are not fancy but have everything you need. Also, they will pick you up at the airport or train/bus station for free upon request.

Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. They have views of Doi Suthep and are much quieter.

Best,

Sally

Edited by DoctorD

I second the Montri for it's brilliant location and value but frankly things here are so quiet for the hotels you might just try standing at Thapae Gate with a large sign saying "Hotel Needed" and see how much someone will pay you for staying at theirs just to keep the staff occupied....

Do not forget to check at the CHIANG MAI PLAZA , great location , hugh parking !

Very hughe breackfast buffet , nice swimmingpool ,quiet location , etc . etc . etc .and last but not least : VALUE FOR MONEY

Enjoy your stay in CM !!!!!

Jos

We always stay at the Montri Hotel (http://www.montrihotel.com/en/index.php), which has super location just inside Thapae Gate, walking distance to pretty much everything. The staff is friendly and professional (and long term - most of them have been there since we started visiting CM regularly in 2004). Currently 799 for a double including good breakfast. The rooms are not fancy but have everything you need. Also, they will pick you up at the airport or train/bus station for free upon request.

Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. They have views of Doi Suthep and are much quieter.

Best,

Sally

The OP said he wanted a place with parking. Just where in the *uc* would you get parking at the Montri. It has never ever had parking. Well yes there is a bit of a yard at the back that would take perhaps two cars and a few MC's

Nuff said...

Edited by john b good

If I was in your position I'd be thoroughly exhausted reading all these helpful suggestions and probably in a state of dithering indecision. I would really like to know, and probably so would the others, just where you eventually end up. Please let us know.

Best,

Sally

The OP said he wanted a place with parking. Just where in the *uc* would you get parking at the Montri. It has never ever had parking. Well yes there is a bit of a yard at the back that would take perhaps two cars and a few MC's

Nuff said...

Negative old fart. You must be a Kiwi. :) Montri has parking at the rear for about 6 - 8 cars, failing that there is plenty in front on Moon Muang Rd and 50 metres away on Ratchadamnoern Rd.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like we will stay at either the Chiang Mai Gate or the Centara Duangtawan. We weren't going to make reservations as we will be driving up from Bangkok and will most likely stop off somewhere for a couple of days so dont know exact date of arrival. I think we can probably get the same deal by just calling the hotel a couple of hours before we get to Chiang Mai.

• 1 month later...

Top North Guest House Soy 2 MuenMung 500b a night nice swimming pool

Nuanpranee Guest House Mitrpranee Road (near Muenmung Soy 2) 5500b A MONTH (very nice, middle of town)

Smith Residence 7000 a month, suite of rooms 12000B a month

So many places for so little cost ..... go to Nuanpranee and get 2 rooms on the monthy rental (Fridge, cable tv, dvd player all included, electricity and water extra 500 bht a month). Car park as well.

No need to book everywhere is empty!

Edited by pjclark1

Wait! I've said it many times before, but the Chiang Mai Thai House is absolutely wonderful. Gorgeous rooms with the best beds, private garden out the back, wonderful pool and premium location. PLUS, Tony there is super saucy and fun...and Houdini is a fountain of information. It's where we encourage all our out-of-towners to stay...and they all agree it's a gem. I think their address is chiangmaithaihouse.com. Not affiliated; just a very happy previous customer.

If you want to get out of the city I recommend Away Suansawan Resort at Mae Rim, www.chiangmai-resort.net. I am biased I own it

Yes, your place looks nice but........ I'm still waiting for anyone from your staff to contact our office.

After a visit I left my card and asked them to follow up asap as the person in charge of sales was not there.

So I'm using a nearby resort instead.

Went to the Royal Lanna Hotel yesterday (top of Loi Kroh Road and then right across Night Bazaar.

1200bht a night or ............. 7000bht A MONTH!

Marble floors everywhere, brilliant views from the rooms on 19th floor, glass exterior elevator, swimming pool on 4th floor.

Totally brilliant (but you have to stay 3 months), OK so my friend just haggled them down to 1 month

Big WOW factor.

Foxy Lady, Hotshots, Loi Kroh very near for those who indulge

PS

They don't like more than 2 overnight additional guests at a time (so a bit of self control required)