Maybe A Stupid Question

When you have an Non immigrant multiple entrance O visa, you have to make an border-run every 90 day's

When you have an marriage or retirement visa you have to report every 90 day's. Correct?

But if you are taking a Holiday or a trip abroad what are the consequences for your retirement or marriage Visa.

I mean, is this Visa cancelled and must I apply a new Multiple entrance, or do I still report every 90 day's as usual.

And what kind of stamp you get at immigration at the airport or border of neighbouring country?

PS I did my first border-run to Laos yesterday.

I went to an agency near by the bridge and they arranged all paperwork and running for us , they took us ac cross the bridge I only had to leave the car at Laos immigration to hand over the 1500 Baht Thats all. Did some duty free shopping(they even carry our purchases), at the re-entry I also did not have to come out of the car, and back to their office. And all of this for 800 Baht. They also arranged the paperwork for my Thai Wife; We did make a day-trip of it from BKK(1200K) and our expensive where paid by duty free shopping.

A multi entry O allows 90 day stay on each entry - each return is a new 90 day stay. Such visas can be issued for retirement/marriage or "other" reasons. It is valid until the use before date on the visa.

An extension of stay (one year for marriage/retirement) ends on departure if you do not have/use a re-entry permit for return. While on such an extension of stay you must report with form TM.47 every 90 days if you stay in the country.

So if you plan travel you obtain a re-entry permit before you leave - that will have the same date as your extension of stay permitted to stay until. On return you enter that permit number on your arrival card and get stamped to that date again.

Edited by lopburi3

Note that if you are on an extension of stay and leave with a re-enty permit, your 90 day period will start from 1 again from the day you re-neter Thailand. So you would make your report 90 days after comming back to Thailand.

Thanks again for the given answers. So I think I will aply for a marriage visa next month, or do I have to wait till my present 1year non-immigrant Multiple entry expires?

As my father always said, one fool can ask more questions than 1000 wise man can answer

:)

I received a new "O" Marriage visa on 11 June 2009, it is new, my prior one lapsed because I was working in Russia and going in and out a lot. It is valid until 10 June 2010 and is multiple entry. Should I have gotten a re-entry permit before returning to work this time? I assumed being multiple entry I could, well, do multiples over the year it is valid.

Lopburi - help me out here and all this visa stuff gets my head spinning

I assumed being multiple entry I could, well, do multiples over the year it is valid.

Yes. We are talking about Extensions of stay. You are talking about A non O Visa Multi Entry.

Do a border run 9th June 2010 and you will get another 90 days giving a total of 15 months.

Thanks again for the given answers. So I think I will aply for a marriage visa next month, or do I have to wait till my present 1year non-immigrant Multiple entry expires?

As my father always said, one fool can ask more questions than 1000 wise man can answer

:)

Be warned..If you are in the year you turn 51 and you have the option of applying for a Marriage Visa or Retirement Visa..then you would far better off going for the Retirement Visa..less fuss, no waiting and no drawn out investigation, translation od docs. etc.

and monthly extensions whilst the application is approved..and same applies each year you renew. RV easy as.

Be warned..If you are in the year you turn 51 and you have the option of applying for a Marriage Visa or Retirement Visa..then you would far better off going for the Retirement Visa.

Yes but you need more money/income.

BTW it is not a Visa. It is an extension of stay. :)

It may or may not be the better option. Easier in the short run but a higher level of money required and you will not have the opportunity to change to marriage at lower rate under a grandfather provision in the event the amounts are increased. So if meeting retirement criteria is tight it might be best to use the more complex marriage.

If using 400k marriage you can probably use that the rest of your life - but if that increases to say 800k and retirement to 2 million and you have used retirement you would likely only be grandfathered at the 800k rate. Nothing in life is sure however.