Where To Buy A New Helmet?

Tinted shields might be OK in daylight but they are dangerous after sunset.

Clear shield & a pair of sunglasses is a better bet.

Wearing sunglasses is a bit tricky for me as I already wear spectacles with corrective lenses and they are the reactolite type.

I don't worry too much after dark as I rarely ride at night and if I have to I lift the visor fully up.

I would like to bet tinted shields are banned due to the chance that guys would use them for bank robberies etc. ESPECIALLY mirrored ones.

Hi, I live in a small village far away from anything. Does anyone know where I can buy a helmet for a big farang head in Pattaya or Aranyapratet? I would ask you to be a bit specific in your directions as I work full time and very seldom have time to wonder out of my village.

Thanks.

Finally, after a lot of messing around, managed to get my helmet. I had to pay 5000baht import tax/duty though as the declared amount for customs that my Mum gave to Parcelforce was then used to calculate the 30% import tax and 7% tax. Wouldn't have bothered though if I'd known I'd have to pay so much! I'm sure I've read posts about helmets being posted into Thailand without any fees?!

It didn't occur to me to remind her, thought she would think of that herself. When I asked her why she put such a high amount she said it was so she could claim a high amount if the parcel wasn't delivered, the last one she sent didn't get here. Not to worry, I'll just ban her from visiting her grandchild for a few years!

just got an arai XD3 (trans cross 2). Already busted the plastic screws :) , and want to know where I can get a replacement kits. While we're at it, is there a special plate to secure the visor with the peak off?

I don't normally get this complicated helmets, usually just a standard fullface. nice piece of work though.

Anyway I'm in chiang mai so any help would be appreciated.