Cheerful Charlie In Hospital

sassienie

Charlie of Cheerful Charlie’s English fish & Chips restaurant, has asked me to inform all his customers that he is presently in the McCormack’s hospital suffering from a leg infection (Cellulitis) and the restaurant will be closed until further notice.

I visited Charlie today at the hospital, he is still as cheerful as ever, even though his right leg and foot has swollen to over twice it’s normal size. The Doctors are pumping him regularly with anti biotics and he hopes to make a full recovery and re-open the restaurant soon.

I will keep everyone posted on ThaiVisa as to his progress.

Well wishers can post their messages on this thread that I’m sure will help Charlie with his recovery and very much appreciated.

post-11344-1248109480.jpg

post-11344-1248109490_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1248109503_thumb.jpg

Get well soon Charlie...!!! Having suffered from Cellulitis myself it is a very debilitating illness requiring plenty of rest, it can easily blow up again if not treated properly causing bad fever, vomiting, diarrhea and extreme pain to infected area with associated large swelling.

So Charlie, no overdoing it when you return, get some help, or perhaps friends can assist. Keep Safe.... :)

This is a shame as he had not long recovered from another illness.

Sao Jiang Mai, I have no knowledge of when Charlie will be out of hospital but I previously visited the shop when he was not at the helm and things were not the same so if you hear nothing then in would be wise to hold the review until Charlie recovers. I am sure he would appreciate. I visted a month back when Charlie was there and fish was better than ever as he had recently changed supplier. As for the chips well same as always and that's absolutely fine thanks.

Get well Charlie.

O dear, sorry to sound pushy, but we are doing a review in Citylife next month about Cheap Charlie's, should I halt the review? Do you think he will be open? I am deadlining tomorrow so would be most grateful for feedback. Thanks, Pim ([email protected]) Please wish him my best, he makes great fish and chips.

I have emailed you at:

[email protected]

I phoned Charlie at the hospital 5 minutes ago. (11.00pm).

He is expecting to leave hospital tomorrow evening, maybe sooner, but this is not 100% certain as yet.

Charlie informed me that his leg is still very badly swollen and if he does leave hospital tomorrow, he may be laid up for a good few days.

Edited by sassienie

Charlie of Cheerful Charlie's English fish & Chips restaurant, has asked me to inform all his customers that he is presently in the McCormack's hospital suffering from a leg infection (Cellulitis) and the restaurant will be closed until further notice.

I visited Charlie today at the hospital, he is still as cheerful as ever, even though his right leg and foot has swollen to over twice it's normal size. The Doctors are pumping him regularly with anti biotics and he hopes to make a full recovery and re-open the restaurant soon.

Well wishers can post their messages on this thread that I'm sure will help Charlie with his recovery and very much appreciated.

Tell Charlie Steve wishes him a speedy recovery and i am looking forward to his delicious fish and chips soon !

Sawasdee Khrup, Please convey to Khun Charlie my sincere best wishes for his health, and his rapid recovery.

When he gets well, I'll tell him the (true) story of the Thai King who is reviled by the writers of the Ayudhya Chronicles because he liked to fish (hint : it was not Ian Forbes).

best, ~o:37;

Charlie of Cheerful Charlie's English fish & Chips restaurant, has asked me to inform all his customers that he is presently in the McCormack's hospital suffering from a leg infection (Cellulitis) and the restaurant will be closed until further notice.

I visited Charlie today at the hospital, he is still as cheerful as ever, even though his right leg and foot has swollen to over twice it's normal size. The Doctors are pumping him regularly with anti biotics and he hopes to make a full recovery and re-open the restaurant soon.

Well wishers can post their messages on this thread that I'm sure will help Charlie with his recovery and very much appreciated.

Tell Charlie Steve wishes him a speedy recovery and i am looking forward to his delicious fish and chips soon !

Oh dear Charlie; It look as if the Viagara is going to the wrong place!! Please take care of yourself!

When he gets well, I'll tell him the (true) story of the Thai King who is reviled by the writers of the Ayudhya Chronicles because he liked to fish (hint : it was not Ian Forbes).

best, ~o:37;

:):D:D

Get off your butt there, Charlie. The guys are waiting for their chips and I'm bringing the fish. :D

• 2 weeks later...

What is happening with Cheerful Charlie and his restaurant? Sassierierie...can you give me an update on his condition and whether his business is open? I am getting an awful craving for his fish and chips. Please pass along greetings from Ginny and Nick, and also from Steve (from England). We think about him often!

I was in contact with Charlie yesterday.

He is recovering well from his leg infection, but this was a practically serious form of cellulitis.

Charlie has been advised by his Doctors not to put any strain on his leg and told he must still rest until the infection has cleared up some more.

Charlie is hoping to reopen his restaurant sometime next week or maybe sooner.

He has not been able to visit an Internet café to view these messages yet, but has asked me to pass on his thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all the well wishers and is eager to see you all soon.

I will keep everyone informed as to his progress and notify on this thread when the restaurant will be opening again.

post-11344-1249343953_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1249344013_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassienie

Was contacted by Charlie yesterday.

He has asked me to tell everyone that his restaurant, Cheerful Charlie`s Fish and Chips, will be open again on:

Next Monday 17th August.

In the meantime Charlie is having the place Spruced-up a bit with a lick of paint.

I will be there in the evening and looking forward to a fish and chip meal, plenty of booze to wash it down with and a good ole laugh again.