Tot 56k In Shambles Tonight

goodguy

Never in my entire life have I ever witnessed 12600bps connection speed anywhere in the world let alone Thailand. Around 6 o clock this evening my PC connected on the seventh attempt at this pathetically geriatric level. So slow and bad was it, every page I tried to load, the server dropped the connection after I pushed it a little trying to reload the failed pages.

That is not to mention the crackling and faintness of voice on the phone line during normal phone calls.

Not to mention the ten times our phone line has been stolen somewhere down the road in the past 6 years.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Hilary Clinton stopping over en route somewhere?

Can it get any worse? Tot are incapable of supplying a broadband connection in our area. TT&T failed to install an alternative fixed line after accepting our deposit for installation, they were quick to refund our deposit citing They don't have any telephone wire for the job at that time. Incredulous.

Could the PM step in and improve matters for the local residents, Kon Thai and the "others"?

Please.

Never in my entire life have I ever witnessed 12600bps connection speed anywhere in the world let alone Thailand. Around 6 o clock this evening my PC connected on the seventh attempt at this pathetically geriatric level. So slow and bad was it, every page I tried to load, the server dropped the connection after I pushed it a little trying to reload the failed pages.

That is not to mention the crackling and faintness of voice on the phone line during normal phone calls.

Not to mention the ten times our phone line has been stolen somewhere down the road in the past 6 years.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Hilary Clinton stopping over en route somewhere?

Can it get any worse? Tot are incapable of supplying a broadband connection in our area. TT&T failed to install an alternative fixed line after accepting our deposit for installation, they were quick to refund our deposit citing They don't have any telephone wire for the job at that time. Incredulous.

Could the PM step in and improve matters for the local residents, Kon Thai and the "others"?

Please.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Goodguy (????)

I myself live up near Chaiyaphum, and it is almost the same here.

I do speedcheck everyday because I want to check if I get what i pay for. I pay for 4mb from ToT. But of course I never reach that level here!!!

Instead the speedtest often gives me figures like 263, 460 and 693 or something...in download speed.

I just wonder if this is the same all over Thailand for us falangs??

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Same down ON-NUT.

People home from work and schools and going on line.

I thought schools were supposed to be shut? Swine flu.

Downloading and playing games on line.

Most important - IT RAINED.

I think TOT have water proofing issues.

I have TOT True broadband and this week it is buggered. Tonight I have been downloading a 7 minute U-Tube video for an hour and it's about 3/4s done. Did a speed test and got: DL 325 (40.6), UL 130 (16.3), ping 414 and Lat 414

I don't know how these numbers compare on fast/ slow scale but can someone tell me what I should be averaging? Supposed to be a 12.0Mbps BB.

I have TOT True broadband and this week it is buggered. Tonight I have been downloading a 7 minute U-Tube video for an hour and it's about 3/4s done. Did a speed test and got: DL 325 (40.6), UL 130 (16.3), ping 414 and Lat 414

I don't know how these numbers compare on fast/ slow scale but can someone tell me what I should be averaging? Supposed to be a 12.0Mbps BB.

Good question! I went to my neighbour who has a TT&T. He is Thai. He abandoned trying to download a 40MB file even after his browser told him that would take 2hours and 40 minutes. He has a broadband connection. He tried despite the terribly long download time. He eventually gave up and went to bed. I saw him later and he told me Download mai dai. That doesn't answer your question but maybe someone can work that out from the time and the size.

I just tried to upload this reply and my connection had been dropped by TOT again for the umpteenth time, re-connect again for this reply. Now at 14.2Kbps. I had better speed 11 years ago in New Zealand.

I guess it might help some people, mostly AIS, D-TAC, True Move etc.

I also wonder if the situation is as poor in other Indo-Chinese countries or, is this only endemic to Thailand and it's Telephone Organisation?

Those shots are pretty typical, though generally speaking I see a lot worse everyday.

How many times does one have to lift low flying copper wires when one crosses a road or when about to order from some road side noodle carts, as one attempts to navigate the potholes and broken kerb stones while dodging motorcycle taxis, as a pedestrian?

Would fibre optic cable help the infrastructure?