Bangbon (บางบอน)

ponder

I will be starting work at Sarasas School in Bangbon next month. I have no idea what Bangbon is like but I need to find a reasonably-priced one-bed appartmet there (not studio).

Anyone know the area and any ideas of where to start to look?

I am new to Thailand and will be here until 3rd March before returning home for two weeks to sort out paperwork for teachers licence et cetera. I hope to take a trip to Bangbon on Monday, so any information would be gratefully accepted.

• 1 year later...
I will be starting work at Sarasas School in Bangbon next month. I have no idea what Bangbon is like but I need to find a reasonably-priced one-bed appartmet there (not studio).

Anyone know the area and any ideas of where to start to look?

I am new to Thailand and will be here until 3rd March before returning home for two weeks to sort out paperwork for teachers licence et cetera. I hope to take a trip to Bangbon on Monday, so any information would be gratefully accepted.

Hi, Just out of interest how easy or difficult was it for you to get a job a that school. Have you taught before and what were they looking for.

I live opposite the Sarasas and there is a teacher from that school how rents a 1 bed house on the estate i live for about £100 per month. My girlfried knows lots of places for rent so i'll ask her when she is back and repost later unless another member contacts you sooner.

Incidentally the area is very busy and a little dirty in places. I hope you haven't been promised paradise as it certainly isn't that here. And the scenic places are a drive away. However i do enjoy it despite there not being that much to do. I'm considering starting a football team if your interested, if i can find enough people of course.

Edited by BlimeyCharlie