Are You An Sms / Txt Msg Freak?

DJ Pat

Well, are you?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use SMS all the time when its convenient. Some people don't, some can't (like my dad). It's a lot more convenient than a phone call because there's none of that "Talk to you later" nonsense or pretending to keep in contact stuff when saying goodbye. You just send an SMS and the person gets the message, either immedietly or when they switch on.

BUT some folks are just plain obsessesd altogether, they'll send you a :-) after you've texted goodbye, or an OK! After you already agreed something via text. Then there's those who get all upset when you don't obsessively reply immedietlyand they will SMS you to ask you why you didn't reply.

Do you know any people like this? Apart from females in the 17-23 age group that is!

I find sms quite convenient a lot of the time as I hate talking on the phone, usually because people drivel on about nothing really. Sms is good way of cutting all the crap and just getting the relevant facts across. One thing that does annoy me is the people who always respond to an sms with another question forcing the need to do it all again, some people would happily do this for hours, I don't understand why' just because you have a mobile you have to discuss everything in minute detail when you are invariably meeting the person anyway. it gets right up my nose. Stick to the facts and save everybody a lot of time and money :o

here in Thailand I might use SMS more often if it was reliable. Several messages I've sent to my wife [we're both on 1-2-Call] just never arrived.

One time, I was to meet someone who showed up late. "didn't you get my SMS?" he said. I got it - about 7:30 the next morning...

Quite fun - great having instant access to mates around the world for next to nothing cost.

Thats fine but when some people want to go on and on and on and on nad on all day with one word messages and smileys, I hate it.

Where do you draw the line?

have a saved message you can send out when you get a live one

mine is "This service has been suspended due to lack of interest" and then dn't answer any more

Quite fun - great having instant access to mates around the world for next to nothing cost.

Thats fine but when some people want to go on and on and on and on nad on all day with one word messages and smileys, I hate it.

Well if its rubbish txt - I dont respond. I think pretty much thats the way to go.

Well if its rubbish txt - I dont respond. I think pretty much thats the way to go.

That just encourages some of the anoying little sh1ts,

whatever way you look at it SMS are poor value compared with a few minutes chat

they take a few seconds to send but the cost of a few mins chat is the same

.if i send a SMS UK > LOS it costs maybe 15-25 pence depending on phone company ,whereas if i phone up using a cut price outfit at 1-5 pence a minutes i can get maybe 15-25 mins chat !

I voted 'yes'.. but for that kind of 'conversational' text messaging back and forth and/or keeping in contact with people all over the world I run AgileMessenger on my phone.. Gives you MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, etc. Now THATs a cheap way of keeping in touch!

Cheers,

Chanchao