Pirelli Sbk Track Day @ Kaeng Krachan Circuit

:) Come join us on Pirelli Superbike Track Day and Trophy at Kaeng Krachan Circuit on Saturday , 8 August 2009 between 8.30 am - 5.30 pm.

Pirelli Competizioni Moto (CM) is organising open motorcycle track day at Kaeng Krachan circuit for bikes 250cc and above.

Track day is the best place to practice your riding style and to go fast in a safer enviroment than the public road. It is also a good opportunity to meet up with fellow bikers. For those of you who want to experience the thrill of motorcycle racing, join our friendly race at 15.30 in Pirelli SBK Trophy.

All riders will be divided into 3 different groups: Beginner, Intermediate and Advance.

About Kaeng Krachan circuit

- 2.9KM long. This is the longest race track in Thailand.

- Is the only track runs counter-clockwise (Best place to scrub the left side of your tyres)

- Surrounded by the natures and only 10km. away from Kaeng Krachan dam and national park.

- GPS Waypoints N12'56.535 E099'42.400

More details or register contact on:

089 003 8886

<snip>

Charlie

post-86234-1248264384_thumb.jpg

Edited by soundman
Email address removed as per forum rules. Use PM system.

Or how about directions for us poor shlubs without GPS? :) Near as I can figure its just outside the village of Wang Chan, near Road 4009. Looks like a nice ride out once you get off Petchburi Road, but I'd rather know how to get there than ride around looking and getting blank stares from the locals when I ask.

Edited by Netfan

Attention - attended the Honda Civic race last Sunday and was on track 12 hours ago on a bike : the following two corners (see pics) are LETHAL - we need two yellow flag wavers at each corner - ARRANGE FOR THAT PLEASE Charlie as there are/will be multiple crashes at those two corners : NOT crying wolf on this one -counted seven (7) Civic crashes at these corners last Sunday.

post-75998-1249581874_thumb.jpg

post-75998-1249581894_thumb.jpg

:) Come join us on Pirelli Superbike Track Day and Trophy at Kaeng Krachan Circuit on Saturday , 8 August 2009 between 8.30 am - 5.30 pm.

Pirelli Competizioni Moto (CM) is organising open motorcycle track day at Kaeng Krachan circuit for bikes 250cc and above.

Track day is the best place to practice your riding style and to go fast in a safer enviroment than the public road. It is also a good opportunity to meet up with fellow bikers. For those of you who want to experience the thrill of motorcycle racing, join our friendly race at 15.30 in Pirelli SBK Trophy.

All riders will be divided into 3 different groups: Beginner, Intermediate and Advance.

- Is the only track runs counter-clockwise (Best place to scrub the left side of your tyres)

- Surrounded by the natures and only 10km. away from Kaeng Krachan dam and national park.

089 003 8886

<snip>

Charlie

Attention - attended the Honda Civic race last Sunday and was on track 12 hours ago on a bike : the following two corners (see pics) are LETHAL - we need two yellow flag wavers at each corner - ARRANGE FOR THAT PLEASE Charlie as there are/will be multiple crashes at those two corners : NOT crying wolf on this one -counted seven (7) Civic crashes at these corners last Sunday.

post-75998-1249582044_thumb.jpg

post-75998-1249582061_thumb.jpg

^ Interesting- you're the second person now who's voiced concern about the safety of this track. (The first is a respected Thai racer)

I caught some of the Honda race on TV - correct me if I'm wrong, but the track's not actually finished yet, right?

There have been numerous discussions on the safety issues, and I have asked the organizers of the track day to comment on that on this forum. For whatever reason, they have not done this so far.

However, in a personal message, they have offered me to return my money if after the first session I decide to quit for safety reasons. I assume this will apply for anybody else as well.

Let's face it: none of the tracks in Thailand is "safe", including Bira. I agree though that it's quite unfortunate if a brand-new track does not confirm to international standards. But rather then just following opinions, I will do as in the Japanes concept of "Genchi Genbutsu" – go and see yourself. Then, I'll take it as a fun day, riding within my limits without getting too ambitious.

I assume passing through Bangkok will be the most unsafe part of the whole journey anyway.

Btw, still nobody leaving the city of fallen angels today between 6 and 7 pm?

There have been numerous discussions on the safety issues, and I have asked the organizers of the track day to comment on that on this forum. For whatever reason, they have not done this so far.

However, in a personal message, they have offered me to return my money if after the first session I decide to quit for safety reasons. I assume this will apply for anybody else as well.

Let's face it: none of the tracks in Thailand is "safe", including Bira. I agree though that it's quite unfortunate if a brand-new track does not confirm to international standards. But rather then just following opinions, I will do as in the Japanes concept of "Genchi Genbutsu" – go and see yourself. Then, I'll take it as a fun day, riding within my limits without getting too ambitious.

I assume passing through Bangkok will be the most unsafe part of the whole journey anyway.

Btw, still nobody leaving the city of fallen angels today between 6 and 7 pm?

POINT TAKEN - respectfully , R.

^ Interesting- you're the second person now who's voiced concern about the safety of this track. (The first is a respected Thai racer)

I caught some of the Honda race on TV - correct me if I'm wrong, but the track's not actually finished yet, right?

You seem to know what I'm referreing to : seems like the architect's 3 year old daughter designed those two corners while dad was taking a nap. Rest of the track is fine -if we ignore the lack of runoff.

089 003 8886

<snip>

Charlie

The Pirelli trackday turned out well - few crashes as 30 square meters of asphalt were added late Friday to each lethal corner , which blunted the 'danger edge' . Hat off to Charlie & co !

post-75998-1249907484_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ricochet

I went but arrived late and had to leave early, so didn't get on the track. Had a great time watching the bikes fly around though. Met Tony (BigBikeBKK) and his wife and cute son there, a few other familiar faces from bike weeks. The track looked good, I plan on going back on a less competitive day.

How'd the 1098s do in the race?

08082009176.jpg

One of the bikes that went down - rider wasn't hurt and took it all in stride.

08082009175.jpg

Wish this had made it out on the track...would have been fun to see

KKTRACK005.jpg

the track

KKTRACK003.jpg

Edited by Netfan

Met Tony (BigBikeBKK) and his wife and cute son there, a few other familiar faces from bike weeks.

LOL! That wasn't my wife- that was the nanny! :D

I got some good pictures but haven't had time to even download them off my camera yet :)

Good times and the track has great potential. For now it's still pretty dangerous...

I went but arrived late and had to leave early, so didn't get on the track. Had a great time watching the bikes fly around though. Met Tony (BigBikeBKK) and his wife and cute son there, a few other familiar faces from bike weeks. The track looked good, I plan on going back on a less competitive day.

How'd the 1098s do in the race?

08082009176.jpg

One of the bikes that went down - rider wasn't hurt and took it all in stride.

08082009175.jpg

Wish this had made it out on the track...would have been fun to see

KKTRACK005.jpg

the track

KKTRACK003.jpg

Ducati 1098 (Nay) finished 4 th - Kawa Zx 10's were first and second , Gixer k7 third.

Hope this map would help..Many thanks from GPI Motorsport. Also new pics that were taken from the track yesterday

Pls see from Pirelli.in.th

Charlieman, not aimed directly at you, but at Honda. The attached MAP is the single worst map I've ever seen. It must have been made by a woman with multiple cases of dyslexia.

Woah, look at all that dust on the track! I can understand (not not appreciate) the lack of runoff due to space constraints, but that dust really doesn't help I'm sure... :)

Glad to hear that the track team added concrete in the danger spots after concerns were raised though... better than the owner of the track behind seacon (bangkok racing circuit) who hasn't done anything to maintain the track in about 13 years according to a respected motorbike teacher who frequents that track.

Hope this map would help..Many thanks from GPI Motorsport. Also new pics that were taken from the track yesterday

Pls see from Pirelli.in.th

Charlieman, not aimed directly at you, but at Honda. The attached MAP is the single worst map I've ever seen. It must have been made by a woman with multiple cases of dyslexia.

Yeah, nothing would have been better than that map. :) I gave up on it about 5 minutes off of Petchkasem Road, and just headed towards Kaeng Krachan. Some friends had told me it was near the hospital, when I passed that I turned around and saw a pick-up with two bikes in the back. They directed me.