Network Error

stephen2009

Hello

I am having big problems with True internet and wondered if anyone else has had the same experience.

I have a number of my own websites (using hostgator.com)

At first there were no problems, but now I can't view them as i get a Network Error message

Network Error

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server. The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I am starting to see this message when I try to view other websites too, but this is not frequently.

True have no idea what is going on, and have been "working" on this for around 2 months now. 2 Months of not being able to view my own websites!!

They have just tried telling me that Thailand is so far away, I didn't realise the U.K and U.S were neighbours, thats why i never got DNS problems in the U.K :-)

My DTAC mobile is fine, just True. (but I need a faster connection than that)

If anyone has had these problems and got them fixed please let me know how.

(OpenDNS does not fix this problem either)

Also does anyone know of another ISP? I have just called CAT, but after being passed aroung the office (I just asked the price and if there was an installation fee) I got told they would call me back. (i'm not holding my breath)

TOT? ive been told they are worse than True.

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Stephen

Hello

I am having big problems with True internet and wondered if anyone else has had the same experience.

At first there were no problems, but now I can't view them as i get a Network Error message

Network Error

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server. The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

I am starting to see this message when I try to view other websites too, but this is not frequently.

True have no idea what is going on, and have been "working" on this for around 2 months now. 2 Months of not being able to view my own websites!!

They have just tried telling me that Thailand is so far away, I didn't realise the U.K and U.S were neighbours, thats why i never got DNS problems in the U.K :-)

Also does anyone know of another ISP? I have just called CAT, but after being passed aroung the office (I just asked the price and if there was an installation fee) I got told they would call me back. (i'm not holding my breath)

regards

Stephen

Yes same sort of problems in my old apartment, and in my favourite internet haunt.

I moved and the new place is ok, and the internet owner changed his DNS settings.

I tried www.opendns.com it didn't work for me, but you never know.

True's basic package is crxp IMHO.

Change to TOT if you can. It's still not good but more reliable and you won't get the problems you have.

Hello

Network Error

regards

Stephen

Yes same sort of problems in my old apartment, and in my favourite internet haunt.

I moved and the new place is ok, and the internet owner changed his DNS settings.

I tried www.opendns.com it didn't work for me, but you never know.

True's basic package is crxp IMHO.

Change to TOT if you can. It's still not good but more reliable and you won't get the problems you have.

you may want to try http://www.dnsadvantage.com

yes - I have seen this a couple of times and found that a reload page sorts it out.

maybe they are intercepting port 53 - ala maxnet

as I cache DNS on my router maybe I am not seeing it as often as others.

What strange language is this, any interpretation appreciated? :)

What's your connection speed and ping like to international sites? If OpenDNS isn't working sometimes then possibly your internet connection is just so crap that the lookup is timing out. If it fails *all* the time then maybe your ISP is messing with OpenDNS (but I don't think True do that).

My past experience with True (which was quite a while ago) was that their DNS was crap. So stick to the OpenDNS.

Thanks for all the info guys

My international speed testing usually comes out between 500 - 800kbps (I pay for 1000, but guess im lucky to get this much)

First time I had the problem Hostgator directed me to OpenDNS and that fixed it. Now it is timing out when it tries to connect to my Router IP address.

Hostgator have now said this is a problem with my ISP.

It looks like TOT might be the only solution.

Thanks again

Stephen

Thanks for all the info guys

My international speed testing usually comes out between 500 - 800kbps (I pay for 1000, but guess im lucky to get this much)

First time I had the problem Hostgator directed me to OpenDNS and that fixed it. Now it is timing out when it tries to connect to my Router IP address.

Hostgator have now said this is a problem with my ISP.

It looks like TOT might be the only solution.

Thanks again

Stephen

I've been to a couple of fav. internet shops. Both were very slow and had the problems you described principally when uploading it seemed to me. Basically, it seems to me True just falls in to total disrepair and is much more a tenuous service than others.

When I moved in to my apartment a couple of weeks ago I sensed they had designated me a TRUE line and I complained and finally they saw my point of view.

I'm on TOT now I think, and it can be slow and sometimes it drops for half an hour or so. But it is that much better, no network read errors that's for sure.

PS. I don't know what I'm talking about if you see what I mean, and hope a boffin can explain what the problem is and how to fix it in layman terms.

We have had very good success with TOT ADSL (except for the past two days) and I think that is due to a very short telephone line run to what I think is a T1 head end rack. Location and distance/quality of your telephone line can have a lot to do with your internet quality here.

The last two days have been strange though.... Unable to connect, and when it did happen, super slow speeds to download web pages. Oddly, streaming audio was unaffected and Skype performed at 100%, even with multiple calls ongoing. TOT was aware of the problems that were affecting some customers but said they were not at the solution stage yet. Everything is back to normal this morning so they must have found the problems. Anyone else see this? Other than that, TOT has only been down a few times for us in 18 months.