Electricity Bill Reduction

Blueeyes1999uk

Having just received this month's bill of over 10,000Bt (time to sell the kids!), I seem to remember reading an article in the Pattaya papers regarding the payment of 1,000Bt to get half price(?) electricity at weekends and after 10PM. Does anyone have the details please, how do I go about setting this up? Thanks in advance.

Having just received this month's bill of over 10,000Bt (time to sell the kids!), I seem to remember reading an article in the Pattaya papers regarding the payment of 1,000Bt to get half price(?) electricity at weekends and after 10PM. Does anyone have the details please, how do I go about setting this up? Thanks in advance.

i have been through the application process already, however if you have 3 phase electric its not available for us yet

i am an a list to join a pilot scheme when it is available in about 3 months

the fee is likely to be 5000baht for three phase units

meantime if you have single phase and want to go ahead then, go to electric company at Banglamung and up to the second floor and fill in an application.

take a recent electric bill, a copy of house book, your passport or ID to match the bills and fill in the applicationform

whilst on this subject, i will give credit and praise where its due to the managers at Banglamung Electric Co.

i dealt with the top man there (the person pictured in the newspaper) and i have to say he and his two deputies were very informed and friendly

they could not have been more helpful and have followed up with two phone calls since to keep us appraised of any progress

i came away from my two meetings with them with a very different opinion of Thai officials

i have been through the application process already, however if you have 3 phase electric its not available for us yet

meantime if you have single phase and want to go ahead then, go to electric company at Banglamung and up to the second floor and fill in an application.

take a recent electric bill, a copy of house book, your passport or ID to match the bills and fill in the applicationform

whilst on this subject, i will give credit and praise where its due to the managers at Banglamung Electric Co.

i dealt with the top man there (the person pictured in the newspaper) and i have to say he and his two deputies were very informed and friendly

they could not have been more helpful and have followed up with two phone calls since to keep us appraised of any progress

i came away from my two meetings with them with a very different opinion of Thai officials

Timekeeper, have you got any more details of the scheme? Most of my usage is for night time aircons so I would be interested in just what hours the reduction in price covers. Thanks.

gmac

Timekeeper, have you got any more details of the scheme? Most of my usage is for night time aircons so I would be interested in just what hours the reduction in price covers. Thanks.

gmac

have a look at the article in the pattaya mail back issue

the heading is top up your electric meter

http://www.pattayamail.com/831/news.shtml#hd3

any questions after that please PM me

^ All it says is "The utility company is also rolling out a new rate system for conventional, post-paid customers. For an additional 1,000 baht customers can enroll in the Time of Use system, which charges 50 percent lower rates from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. and on weekends and holidays.". Anyone know if that means a one-off 1,000 baht or 1,000 baht per month?

Edited by Phil Conners

^ All it says is "The utility company is also rolling out a new rate system for conventional, post-paid customers. For an additional 1,000 baht customers can enroll in the Time of Use system, which charges 50 percent lower rates from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. and on weekends and holidays.". Anyone know if that means a one-off 1,000 baht or 1,000 baht per month?

its for single phase only

its a pilot scheme

the 1000 baht is a one off fee

its a pilot scheme

sorry to seem dim ,but what is single phase and how do you know what phase you are?

its a pilot scheme

sorry to seem dim ,but what is single phase and how do you know what phase you are?

as i understand it, a single phase meter is used where the power demands of the dwelling is low

3 phase is like x3 single phase units tagged together in one single meter

it divides the mains input into 3 outputs to cope with greater power demand

i believe as a general rule if you have got x2 aircons or more or the equivalent demand in multiple power appliances you will need/have a 3 phase meter

^ Nah, I have 5 aircons for a total of over 100,000 BTU on simple one-phase electricity.

you will be one of the lucky ones then phil, you will qualify for the 1000 baht deal

as to the my previous quote, i am repeating what the boss at banglamung said, i am not an expert

to anyone else, my sparky says if you show your bill at the electric company they will tell you wether its 3 phase or single

some indicator in the numbering on the bill

its a pilot scheme

as i understand it, a single phase meter is used where the power demands of the dwelling is low. 3 phase is like x3 single phase units tagged together in one single meter. it divides the mains input into 3 outputs to cope with greater power demand.

i believe as a general rule if you have got x2 aircons or more or the equivalent demand in multiple power appliances you will need/have a 3 phase meter

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH..... :)

tell them your sister in law works in thai army television (like mine does ) this happen to us too in the second month we were in our house and we got them to put a new meter up and after that things went down by 70 percent ..talk to the building project manager in your area who built the development ...

Have TOU electricity at my resort for a long time now, used to be only available when you had your own 24kV line and transformer.

Daytime usage is slightly more expensive then with regular meter (tad over 4 Baht/unit at the moment), but night time and weekend use is dirt cheap (1.4 Baht/unit).

I got free electricity in May/June! :)

I was in the UK for 5 weeks and the only thing left on was the fridge freezer. In the billing month that used 59 units, and the resulting bill they sent me was for 0.00 Baht. Was this one of the measures from the Samak administration to help the poorer elements of society, like free water and so on?

I got free electricity in May/June! :)

I was in the UK for 5 weeks and the only thing left on was the fridge freezer. In the billing month that used 59 units, and the resulting bill they sent me was for 0.00 Baht. Was this one of the measures from the Samak administration to help the poorer elements of society, like free water and so on?

YES

I got free electricity in May/June! :D

YES

Well, it saved me around 200 Baht, so I won't complain. :)

I was just speaking to the wife about this scheme and mentioned the one off payment of 5000 baht ,as we are a higher end user ,this would pay off for us prettu rapidly as we use our air cons in the bedrooms mainly at night.

her reply was ,"no way would she pay out 5k to the govt as they will more than likely stop the scheme before you get your money back ,every thing the govt do is a scam,look at the Thai elite card"

she is Thai :)

so whats your problem?

my problem is the bull you produce as it is obvious that you don't possess the faintest technical knowledge.

thats rich coming from you

the words kettle and black spring immediately to mind

i did not claim my answer to be a definitive descrition of anything

****deleted**** you might have noted that i did invite others opinions in the way i phrased my answer when i said:

''as i understand it, a single phase meter is used where the power demands of the dwelling is low. 3 phase is like x3 single phase units tagged together in one single meter. it divides the mains input into 3 outputs to cope with greater power demand.

i believe as a general rule if you have got x2 aircons or more or the equivalent demand in multiple power appliances you will need/have a 3 phase meter''

(this was actually a direct quote taken from a conversation with the deputy head at Banglamung Electricty Co. when i asked him the differance betwen single and 3 phase installs, and yes he spoke and read english very well)

when i wrote it, it was intended to be somewhat vague and generalised, i wrote it so that it almost invited someone who knew better about the subject to correct me and as expected, they did so

the better informed persons on technical matters of this kind informed the thread (and me) how to simply tell the difference between single and 3 phase installations

all you could contribute was an ''AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH..... ''

not very informative for anyone

****deleted*** instead of sitting at your keyboard pontificating about a thread that you failed to make any rational contribution to and you have actually done something about this reduced price Terms of Service offer, actually been to the office that controls it, have spoken to the people who are actually promoting it, the senior bosses who are installing it and can speak with any experience about the scheme thats on offer, *** deleted ****

ps deleted

Edited by Mario2008
flames removed

I was just speaking to the wife about this scheme and mentioned the one off payment of 5000 baht ,as we are a higher end user ,this would pay off for us prettu rapidly as we use our air cons in the bedrooms mainly at night.

her reply was ,"no way would she pay out 5k to the govt as they will more than likely stop the scheme before you get your money back ,every thing the govt do is a scam,look at the Thai elite card"

she is Thai :)

my bills 12-14,000 a month

if i works for 6 weeks, i will have my money back

i'll take a chance on them

If you have two wires coming to your house, it's single phase. If you have four wires, it's 3 phase.
I guess you are correct 3 phase is mainly used for factories with a heavy load or similar, maybe supermarkets and so on, I have 5 aircons in my place running (seven when we have guests) and only have single phase. Where is all the sparkies out here? :)

she is Thai :D

12 to 14 k a month ,my god do you run a company or a shop? i thaught ours was bad ad 2.5 k a month :)

12 to 14 k a month ,my god do you run a company or a shop? i thaught ours was bad ad 2.5 k a month :)

So? I have a house and my bill is also about 14k a month ! Its 3 phase and I have small pool but nothing else specail!!!

I gave a friend at Phoenix living in anaverage house whose bill is also 12-14k a month!

This is not unusual ........

How can you only pay 2.5k amonth in a house?

So? I have a house and my bill is also about 14k a month ! Its 3 phase and I have small pool but nothing else specail!!!

I gave a friend at Phoenix living in anaverage house whose bill is also 12-14k a month!

I pay not more than 2k per month, ok some times a bit more we have lot's of aircons have water fountains every where also we run a home stay where guests have the aircon on all day and I guess I never ever paid more than 2.5k per month where the hel_l do you live ?

we have a 3 bed large detached house ,aircon on at night in 2 rooms from about 10pm to 3 am ,my son untill 6am 7 days a week ,fans ,fridge freezer ect ,lights tvs all the usuall ,my neighbour who has the aircon on constantly pays about 5 to 6k a month , how in the heck do you get bills for 14k?