but he's scouse, so just mard,

punches clubbers when their down,

goes to court and not guilty is found.

:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been taking it from Stevie since I joined ,he has a good 'jab' on him too .I'm really pleased he got away with it ( no I never doubted his innocence) I would have been well scared visiting him in Walton Jail with all them 'Lady boy' lubbers about :D

LFC for the prem 2009/10 .Get on it :)

Why do people feel the need to defend others even when they're in the wrong, just because they play for the Team they support ?? It's absolutely pathetic & massively immature.

Some exerts, all from teh BBC..

Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard "totally lost it" and hit a man "with the style and speed of a boxer" during a row over music, a court has heard.

I don't totally disagree with you, but using picking quotes from the prosecution is hardly the way to prove a point.

I dont think cases like this should end up in court as the guy only had a couple of cuts and bruises, but as it was caught on CCTV it would have gone to court if it was someone famous or not.

And fair play to Gerrard for doing whatever he can to get himself off, we all would in his situation.

But after being in more then my fair share of rucks as a youngster, i do not believe in this situation Gerrard would have turned away for 1 second when they went to confront this man. And as he admitted to hitting him 3 times after his mate give him a sneaky elbow shows that he's a fcuken spineless coward .... he's similar to your average Thai male in this situation.

But out of the 7 accused the one who seems to have been in the centre of everything that went on is the only one that isnt guilty!

PS It would have only taken 1 jury member to say he wasnt guilty for him to get off, now for Liverpools greatest ever Scouse player there was always going to be one .... this and the fact there arent 12 honest people in all of Liverpool to form a Jury!

Says the pr!ck with two convictions and wonders why the pigs gave him a few digs, I wonder if your stupid attitude came into play

If it had been Joey Barton the jury would have found him "guilty" but Gerrard had a few mates come in and help him, like the Priest and also Daglish, talking about what a nice guy he is.

One rule for Joey another for the England captain.

I agree with your appraisal 100%..............the 'not guilty verdict stinks.........

some seem to be missing the evidence given here.

Gerrard was wrong to be involved in a dispute to start with, but his explanation is that once doran hit the manc, then the manc came forwards and gerrard felt he was going to be hit so defended himself, this is what was given to the jury and the jury found him not guilty, I assume all you saints on here would have just admitted to given the guy a few digs because he deserved it rather than saying you gave the guy a dig to defend yourself, hypocrites really. I wonder if he played for your club if you would be more objective when deciding his guilt.

The fact is a jury found him not guilty therefore he is not guilty, live with it. just like a jury found terry not guilty for hitting a bouncer with a bottle etc etc etc

oh, and i must have missed when gerrad was made england captain

He should never have been up on the charge of Affray.

Very difficult offence to prove.

You guys are going on about he should have been found guilty. Had he been up for assault, then the chances are it would have been a guilty.

But to prove affray, you have to prove that bystanders or members of the public feared for their safety.

The DJ who was assaulted claims he took exception to Gerard calling him 'LAD'. Liverpool boys, correct me if I;m wrong, but calling someone 'lad' is the same as me calling someone 'mate'. Sounds to me as though this was a song and dance over nothing, and if nothing else, shows the inadequacies of the legal system and the inefficiencies of the DPP.

oh, and i must have missed when gerrad was made england captain

Sorry Liverpool captain, but a great role model for all those people now, if Stevie can do it and get away with it so can I, that's gonna be the latest excuse.

But like I said earlier, if it had been Joey Barton they would have crucified him.

Personally I feel that if a footballer puts himself in that situation then he is stupid, they know that people will be gunning for them, look at Ferdinand, Terry and the others. They get paid a lot of money, why not stay away from the pubs and clubs and concentrate on the football.

I remember hearing about Phil Parkes the old West Ham keeper being drunk during a game, just imagine if we had lost, the fans would have done him in.

Really at the end of the day it was a another Liverpool - Manchester hate match, the home win was guaranteed.

Edited by beano2274

'I thought he was going to hit me so I grabbed his jumper and smacked him three times...... it was clearly self-defence your honour'

Call me old fashioned, but that seems a perfectly reasonable defence for a multi-millionaire, international footballer to use in a English court of law these days.

I remember hearing about Phil Parkes the old West Ham keeper being drunk during a game, just imagine if we had lost, the fans would have done him in.

Really ? What game was that ? Always had him down as a good professional....

Edited by pattayarangers

'I thought he was going to hit me so I grabbed his jumper and smacked him three times...... it was clearly self-defence your honour'

Call me old fashioned, but that seems a perfectly reasonable defence for a multi-millionaire, international footballer to use in a English court of law these days.

He should never have put himself in that position in the first place.He said he was celebrating beating Newcastle!Man Utd,Chelsea or Everton he would have a modicum of an excuse for but,Newcastle?Do me a favour.He was out for a piss up with his mates,pure and simple.Something which our English 'stars' are particularly prone.Will it ever sink in with these braindeads that,because of who they are,they are being watched all the time?Image is obviously very low on their priorities.Could you imagine foreign greats like Pele,Kaka,Figo,Beckenbauer ever getting themselves embroiled in that kind of situation?

It's down to common sense,something that's sadly lacking in Gerrard,Terry,Barton,Ferdinand,Bowyer.....the list is depressingly long.

The 29-year-old was the only one of seven defendants to be cleared :)

Because the others all plead guilty. :D

After Gerrard's rather short incident and after left they evidently went back for more and thus felt they shouldn't even try to prove their innocence.

Run along now, son.

One rule for Joey another for the England captain.

Or they're completely different cases, completely different people. Did Gerrard stand over the man in a violent rage and beat him with at least 20 punches until he was bloodied in the face? Did Gerrard beat his own teammate until he was unconscious? You are way out of line with that comparison. Get real, mate, it's apples and oranges. Check the facts next time.

How many people involved in a small scuffle even get arrested? The police are not even interested in these types of incidents and your average Joe is never going to see a day in court for this.

I did, and many tens of thousands of average Joes are in court for this type of offence every year.

In feb 09 i walked down a street of a quiet market town looking all scruffy in my gym gear ..... anyway the police stop me and ask me if im such and such a person who i wasnt ... so after a minute or so of this prick copper playing the tough guy i turned around and tried to walk away ....... within seconds im in handcuffs but they cant get me on the floor so one coward pigs punches me in the face a few times whilst im in handcuffs (he admits in his statement to hitting me once.)

Anyway long story short, they offered to drop this to the lowest charge where the max i could get was a fine, i refused this and went to trial last week and was found guilty by the magistrate, in what could only be described as a kangaroo court where they were allowed to use my 1 past conviction as evidence (called a bad character reference). (Because the maximum sentence i could get was 6 months i am refused the right to a trial by Jury both these new aspects that stop a fair trial are Nulabour legislation, so i had some up her ass middle class female Magistrate)

Its illegal for the police to stop and ask you for your name, and is perfectly legal to walk away if youve done nothing wrong, i had over 15 cuts and bruises on me, between the coppers they had none, CCTV footage shows me crouched over in handcuffs for 5 minutes, the coppers said i was on the floor.... complete fcuken joke.

Harry Roberts is my friend!

Please please please sue them for a million pounds. Better yet, find out what amount to sue them for where it costs less for them to pay than to fight you. You have every right. That is blatant and utter nonsense. A good lawyer should have torn them to shreds.

How many people involved in a small scuffle even get arrested? The police are not even interested in these types of incidents and your average Joe is never going to see a day in court for this.

I did, and many tens of thousands of average Joes are in court for this type of offence every year.

In feb 09 i walked down a street of a quiet market town looking all scruffy in my gym gear ..... anyway the police stop me and ask me if im such and such a person who i wasnt ... so after a minute or so of this prick copper playing the tough guy i turned around and tried to walk away ....... within seconds im in handcuffs but they cant get me on the floor so one coward pigs punches me in the face a few times whilst im in handcuffs (he admits in his statement to hitting me once.)

Anyway long story short, they offered to drop this to the lowest charge where the max i could get was a fine, i refused this and went to trial last week and was found guilty by the magistrate, in what could only be described as a kangaroo court where they were allowed to use my 1 past conviction as evidence (called a bad character reference). (Because the maximum sentence i could get was 6 months i am refused the right to a trial by Jury both these new aspects that stop a fair trial are Nulabour legislation, so i had some up her ass middle class female Magistrate)

Its illegal for the police to stop and ask you for your name, and is perfectly legal to walk away if youve done nothing wrong, i had over 15 cuts and bruises on me, between the coppers they had none, CCTV footage shows me crouched over in handcuffs for 5 minutes, the coppers said i was on the floor.... complete fcuken joke.

Harry Roberts is my friend!

Act like a dick, get treated like a dick :)

this and the fact there arent 12 honest people in all of Liverpool to form a Jury!

Says the pr!ck with two convictions and wonders why the pigs gave him a few digs, I wonder if your stupid attitude came into play

Arent you just the bravest boy on the internet, i walked down at High St. at 11am on my way to a gym minding my own business, i was under no obligation to speak to the filth, i was mistaken for someone else and tried to walk away at which point i was arrested.

Anyway its the old victim status scousers are known for that Gerrard managed to purvey so well in court .... but if you see the full CCTV footage it quite clearly shows Gerrard hitting the guy 3 times after his mate hit him, he didnt look away once.

Edited by sanmiguellight

2 keyboard warriors on one thread.

Watch out BkJames will be after you... He's 5ft 2 and from Canada :D real scary.

In his Ice Hockey boots you mean :D

they wear boots for ice hockey what kind of studs in them and i dont mean the men playing :D

Act like a dick, get treated like a dick :D

Next time you come to Thailand (if they let you in), and you want to start your 'I'm a friend of Harry Roberts' <deleted>, just let me know where you are :D

And before anyone starts getting on my case, I suggest you look up Harry Roberts, see what kind of scum bag he is, and understand that sanmiguellight is bang out of order :)

Next time you come to Thailand (if they let you in), and you want to start your 'I'm a friend of Harry Roberts' <deleted>, just let me know where you are :D

Sorry youre more then just a keyboard warrior then, threatening me with violence next time i come to Thailand, if i contact you!

Do you want to fight any Man City fans who sing songs about Munich? or any who say Ryan Giggs has Aids? any who say the Neville brother are into incest, or anyone who sing songs about Harry Roberts when the filth arrest people at the ground .... if so you must be dead tough!

Edited by sanmiguellight

Act like a dick, get treated like a dick :D

And before anyone starts getting on my case, I suggest you look up Harry Roberts, see what kind of scum bag he is, and understand that sanmiguellight is bang out of order :)

Harry Roberts is scum. Enuff said.

Watch out BkJames will be after you... He's 5ft 2 and from Canada :D real scary.

You know what they say Dev, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, rather the size of the fight in the dog. :D