Not Seen You For A Long Time !

sunholidaysun1

Randell Pepler ,Canadian carpenter working up in the oilsands area Ft. MacMurray,Alberta. 14 years in Phuket. Now in Vien Durm out Vien Chai way on or near the road to Waterford Valley. Got some rai's for the wife and family to farm rice. Bought and recycled an ancient old teak house for the lumber and built a new thai style house . Unfortunatly spend most of my time working to pay for it all. These days only seem to get home for a month at Christmas time. I hope soon to change that. I have seen a bit of the surounding area but not enough. I really look for ward to spending more time in this beautful area. Which I enjoy more than Phuket in the state it's in now. I hope to meet some of you over the years and look forward to it .

Nice topic.

I am sort of new. Ruben van den Ende, 29 y/o, dutch guy coming to Thailand for 7 years now. Lived on Samui for 2 and build a house last year in Huay Sak area (17 km into the road towards Thoeng). I met my wife 7 years ago and thougt it was time now to start a proper family and now I have a 8 month old son with her named Jonah. I am trying to start my own business, but my timing is pretty bad and am open for all possibilities as I do not want to go back to Holland as I would miss my baby.

First time in CR was 6 years ago but as I wrote I am living here now since October last year. I am only coming to CR city for some proper shopping at Big-C or when need to pay bills. I also play basketball there 2-3 times a week at Pranit school.

Hope to meet some of you guys too ...

Ruben

• 7 months later...

Hello!

I am Brian and come from Denmark+I am 53 years old and now living in Chiang Rai whit my coming wife+hopefully soon.

We just buy a house near the old airport and look forward to going there in this month.

I have only been in Thailand for allmost a year,but I am sure that I dont go back to Denmark again+there is to good out here,I think.

I look forward to know some of you out there thrue the years.

Have a nice time until we meet here again.

Brian

This topic didn't get very far in its first incarnation. Perhaps Brian will have more success with it this time around, or not.

I'll try and help. I guess we have been in Phaya Mengrai for the last three years. Approaching 11 years of marital bliss, we live with our 2 year old golden retriever, three Thai dogs, a cat (who eats the mice), fish in the pond, birds in the trees, jin-joks, tukaes, an occasional snake but no kids. I'm a well preserved 55 and the wife is a hot 35, with questionable taste in men, obviously.

My interests are moonlit walks on the beach and world peace. Sorry I forgot, I live in a rice paddy. :)

Anyone else care to contribute?

Of course, I am Jan from Holland, lives in Thaialnd for 5 years now and you can read my story here (Finally Happy).

I met some real nice guys already bur we are not outgoing, also because we live half hour drive from the centre.

To all newcomers: Welcome!