Pretty I Pink!

JacknDanny

Oh dear oh dear :)

Just when you thought the Newcastle's yellow custard strip is surely going to be the winner of the worst kit of the year award.

I remember something about pink football boots being the rage also, whats going on?

Edited by Devil

A little bit of history I had to look up when I read that the new away strip was a reference to the Black Watch.

The first game as Everton Football Club took place on December 20th 1879 at Stanley Park against St Peter's. Wearing blue and white striped shirts, Everton won 6-0, although, sadly, there are no records of line-ups or goalscorers.

In those days, before football was a properly organised sport, a player recruited from another team could still wear the jersey of his former club, which led to much confusion!

Everton wanted a unified kit and so, to avoid purchasing a brand new one, they dyed all the various shirts of their players black! A two-inch wide scarlet sash was added and Everton rejoiced in the nickname, The Black Watch - after the famous military regiment.

Other colours were adopted as time passed, until the team settled for Royal Blue for the 1901-02 season.

More Here :-

http://www.evertonfc.com/history/everton-the-begining.html

As one "Toffee" said "If you stuck the Everton Crest on a bin bag I'd still wear it"...

No accounting for taste eh ?... :)

Everton supporters can calm down, these aren’t pictures of the new away kit (although who knows, the trend for feminine rugby kits might make the crossover into footie). In fact these limited edition shirts have been created to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign.

The pink shirt idea came about to promote breast cancer awareness in order to show solidarity with some Everton staff who had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Actress Amanda Holden was pictured in one of the shirts to promote Ladies Day at Goodison, where £1 from every ticket sold went to the Breast Cancer Campaign.

Premier League rules concerning production of replica kits are quite strict, but they allowed Everton to bend the rules produce a limited edition run of pink shirts as it was for charity. They seem to have sold out already on the club’s website, so girls (and boys) looking to get their hands on one should try the Everton club shop.

http://www.pitchslap.co.uk/everton-think-pink/

If the breast cancer thing is true then good on 'em. Real men wear pink. Frankly, call me gay but I love wearing pink and think an all pink kit is cool. But then, I'm not homophobic.

Can Gay's be Homophobic then ?? :)

good on them!

even got SBK to visit us! :)

Psst, I think she's a closet toffee lover.

(Or a Chang shareholder ! )

I have a confession to make.

I have some dear friends who are huge Everton fans and they brought my husband an Everton shirt from the UK. :D